New 60
...with all the talk of the 60's leaving lately, I thought that I'd post that I made it to 60. I've never, in any other game I've played, made it to the level cap. So I took some pictures to commemorate the event.

[Image: 60push1.jpg]

I was 80 exp away from levelling, and so this guy was going to level me. He's looking at me like he knows that his time is up as I mark him.

[Image: 60push2.jpg]

A momentous occasion like this demands an up close and personal handling of it. So I charged at him, blades at the ready. Mirage followed me, and we went to town on the Undead.

[Image: 60push3.jpg]

The instant captured. The last swordstroke falls, the beast falls over backwards, and a flash of light heralds my capping.

[Image: 60push4.jpg]

Ever polite, my new level 60 self cheers the undead on for his contribution to my experience stockpile. I ended up 218 over the cap.

[Image: 60push5.jpg]
Took me a little while to get to 60... ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
I am pleased to be the first to congratulate you and give you this ...

YOUR WATER TOTEM !! :w00t:

Seriously ...

Congrats! I know that it's a long and often boring way to 60 - my Undead Warrior ist still 58, and I now refuse to level him further up at the normal 100% experience bonus. He will now be played every other week, when I have at least 2/3 of the experience bar at 200% bonus.

By the way, your screenshots reflect exactly what I mean by "boring": The tedious solo grinding of the last 2 or 3 levels in the Eastern Plaguelands *yawn* ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Congrats! :w00t:
Said it this morning, saying it again, CONGRATS! :D :w00t:
Congrats man and you thought Treesh and I would get there before you. I laughed at that notion when you said it a week or so ago and I smile again now at the memory. :)

Gnolack is only 17 bubbles away so I might get there by the end of the weekend.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Mirajj,May 27 2005, 07:23 AM Wrote:...with all the talk of the 60's leaving lately, I thought that I'd post that I made it to 60. I've never, in any other game I've played, made it to the level cap. So I took some pictures to commemorate the event.

[Image: 60push1.jpg]

I was 80 exp away from levelling, and so this guy was going to level me. He's looking at me like he knows that his time is up as I mark him.

[Image: 60push2.jpg]

A momentous occasion like this demands an up close and personal handling of it. So I charged at him, blades at the ready. Mirage followed me, and we went to town on the Undead.

[Image: 60push3.jpg]

The instant captured. The last swordstroke falls, the beast falls over backwards, and a flash of light heralds my capping.

[Image: 60push4.jpg]

Ever polite, my new level 60 self cheers the undead on for his contribution to my experience stockpile. I ended up 218 over the cap.

[Image: 60push5.jpg]
Took me a little while to get to 60... ;)
[right][snapback]78707[/snapback][/right]

*shakes elven groove thang*
Congrats. :)
Intolerant monkey.
nobbie,May 27 2005, 06:44 AM Wrote:By the way, your screenshots reflect exactly what I mean by "boring": The tedious solo grinding of the last 2 or 3 levels in the Eastern Plaguelands  *yawn* ;)
[right][snapback]78709[/snapback][/right]
Aleri's 58 and has only entered the plaguelands (eastern and western) to map. There are still quests for her to do in Winterspring. Gnolack is 59 and not far from 60 and he hasn't played in either Plaguelands much either besides mapping. Plaguelands really aren't required to cap. If it's boring to you to quest in an area, don't do it; find another area that you may enjoy, even if it's just running a dungeon a lot. It's as simple as that. There are enough choices in areas to find somewhere you do enjoy playing in until you hit 60.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,May 27 2005, 09:22 AM Wrote:Aleri's 58 and has only entered the plaguelands (eastern and western) to map.  There are still quests for her to do in Winterspring.  Gnolack is 59 and not far from 60 and he hasn't played in either Plaguelands much either besides mapping.  Plaguelands really aren't required to cap.  If it's boring to you to quest in an area, don't do it; find another area that you may enjoy, even if it's just running a dungeon a lot.  It's as simple as that.  There are enough choices in areas to find somewhere you do enjoy playing in until you hit 60.
[right][snapback]78720[/snapback][/right]

Last night Mirajj mentioned to me that he was headed off to EP to grind to hit cap and said something about being done with soloable quests around there. I promptly invited him to a group and filled his log with soloable quests to do while he was there and then joined him for a bit :) Unfortunately I couldn't hold out long enough to see him cap, didn't want QWERTY face :P The point is that it would be extremely hard to run out of soloable quests in this game before hitting cap. Galreth hit cap just a little while ago and he still has gobs and gobs of soloable quests to do.

Certainly some of it comes from knowing where to go but if you are near cap and looking for things to do I'd suggest searching for quests in: Searing Gorge, Felwood, Blasted Lands, Un'Goro Crater, Azshara (Maybe only the quests from Duke Hydraxis are worth it as you near cap), Hinterlands, Burning Steppes, Winterspring, Western Plaguelands, Eastern Plaguelands, and even a few quests in STV can be worthwhile. If you've managed to clear all these zones before capping then you've probably either skipped a bunch of dungeons (Maraudon, Zul'Farak, Sunken Temple, BRD) or run a lot of soloable quests in big parties to nerf your experience significantly.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
Congrats on reaching 60! My warlock got there about a week ago, also in the Eastern Plaguelands - I think the victim was an unsuspecting Plaguehound. As I recall I'd turn in a couple of Tirion Fordring's quests to get within a sliver of dinging, and killed some of the nearby mobs - then I ran out of monsters to kill with one more mob needed. So I went galloping off to find that last mob.

I like the "flash of light" levelling screenshot.

Some of my guildmates reached 60 by pretty much only doing instances through the 50s. I soloed a lot of the way, but I managed to make the full rest state bonus that Blizzard handed out after a botched patch a month or two back last all the way to 60. I never even reached Sunken Temple - just couldn't coordinate with the guildies.

Chris
Gnollguy Wrote:Congrats man and you thought Treesh and I would get there before you.  I laughed at that notion when you said it a week or so ago and I smile again now at the memory.  :)

Gnolack is only 17 bubbles away so I might get there by the end of the weekend.

Heh. I'll be cheering you on. You would have beat me, too...but I forgot that on nights, I get a lot of time to play. I've put in about 24 hours in the last couple of days.

Nobbie Wrote:I know that it's a long and often boring way to 60 - my Undead Warrior ist still 58, and I now refuse to level him further up at the normal 100% experience bonus.

I actually haven't found it boring. Though I do enjoy grinding on mobs, too. I like the kill, and seeing if anything's dropped this time. As well, from 50-60, I didn't do that much grinding. I hunted out quests a lot more often, and did them.

Hillary Wrote:*shakes elven groove thang*

Sabra and I had a dance party in the AH while we chatted this morning after it. Elves are just suited for grooving! *G*

mjdoom Wrote:Last night Mirajj mentioned to me that he was headed off to EP to grind to hit cap and said something about being done with soloable quests around there. I promptly invited him to a group and filled his log with soloable quests to do while he was there and then joined him for a bit

I might have been a bit unclear. I knew that I hadn't cleared out all the quests, I just had to find them. I was debating doing that and just grinding. You helped the decision along by filling some in for me. *S* I have a bunch to accept at Light's Hope, too, as when I landed there, there were quest pops all over the place.

I need to get you back into the EP. I finished those quests you shared, handed them in, and then tried the followup quest. I ended up hitting my 'Rule of 3' against it, and so left it for now. Need a buddy for that one. ;)
Well I'm there now too.

I was hoping to get a screenie but it happened in the middle of some ugliness in BRD from a mis click of a button. The level up probably saved us from a complete wipe as it happened when I was at 1/3 health and a heal was not currently inbound. As it was we had an engineer with jumper cables survive who was able to rez the priest and then we continued on.

I'm still thinking a little about doing a final respec but I'll have to see about that and that is topic for another thread. :)
---
Gnollguy,May 29 2005, 01:01 AM Wrote:Well I'm there now too.

I was hoping to get a screenie but it happened in the middle of some ugliness in BRD from a mis click of a button.  The level up probably saved us from a complete wipe as it happened when I was at 1/3 health and a heal was not currently inbound.  As it was we had an engineer with jumper cables survive who was able to rez the priest and then we continued on. 

I'm still thinking a little about doing a final respec but I'll have to see about that and that is topic for another thread.  :)
[right][snapback]78833[/snapback][/right]

Congrats Gnollguy

Is this your defence-specced Warrior? If so that's a terrific achievement
Way to go, GG!
Congratulations!

Now my biggest question. How did you get there so fast? I've got characters I've played for gametime amounting to around ~30% of what you have, and I've never gotten past level 18. Everyone talks about how easy it is to make level 60 in this game, but at the rate I'm going, I'll make it there in almost 6 months from now.
Selby,May 29 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:Congratulations!

Now my biggest question.  How did you get there so fast?  I've got characters I've played for gametime amounting to around ~30% of what you have, and I've never gotten past level 18.  Everyone talks about how easy it is to make level 60 in this game, but at the rate I'm going, I'll make it there in almost 6 months from now.
[right][snapback]78870[/snapback][/right]

Note the 2nd paragraph is very rambly and not really important.

Gnolack's /played after hitting 60 was: 19 days 3 hours 47 minutes (possibly minus a minute or 2 since it happened mid battle). Taranna will have much less /played it appears when she hits 60 and Balador will be even less than that I think as well. Marn I think will be about the same, probably within 40 hours at least. So it took me 459 hours of play time on one character to get him there. It has been spread out since late November or early december when I created him. It isn't hard, it just takes time. Though I can see where time is the hard part of doing it.

I wasn't really trying to be efficient with Gnolack either. I didn't grind on mobs. I did spend a good 8 hours just grinding to get ore if not more. I just quested and ran instances a few times. He was in SM 3 times where he was getting exp for killing things, Uldaman 3 times, Zul'Farrak twice now I think, Maraudon once, Sunken Temple about 4 times but never a full clear. I don't think he went into any other instance more than once. He did do Razorfen Kraul though and Black Fathom Deeps which are 2 that a lot of people never do. I did one Baron run in a raid and got summoned to Light's Hope to do it otherwise I never would have set foot in either of the plaguelands. I never quested in Ashenvale or Desolace, unless it related to an instance. Did one or two quests in Azhara. Quest some in the Hinterlands. Never quested in Hillsbrad, at least not until the quests were grey. Did most of Arathi. Never quested in Duskwood or Westfall (except to get instance chains) or Darkshore. Only did instance and chain related quests in Ferelas. Didn't quest in Dustwallow Marsh. I did do a fair bit in Swamp of Sorrows though. Of course some of those zones that I didn't go to are zones that Taranna or Balador did hit or will hit. I know Balador will go to the Plaguelands as soon as he can.

So yeah, again if you just put the time in and do that quests 60 isn't too bad to get to. :)
---
Feed your poor cat!
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
LavCat,May 29 2005, 02:03 PM Wrote:Feed your poor cat!
[right][snapback]78878[/snapback][/right]

*Chuckles* I do try to keep her one happiness level higher than she is in the pic, but with her being the bottomless pit that she is, I try to get some fighting out of her between feedings. ;)
Selby,May 29 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:How did you get there so fast?  [right][snapback]78870[/snapback][/right]

Rested XP & Questing. Played time and real time total on character aren't the same.
Drasca,May 29 2005, 03:37 PM Wrote:Rested XP & Questing. Played time and real time total on character aren't the same.
Yes I know that. But still, that seems to be quite fast. If you play an average of 4 hours a day 7 days a week, that comes to something like 4 months. Which just seems awfully fast =P