Smack'N'Blast
Hi

I've just started a melee/wind Druid. The idea is to to blast the enemy with Tornado/Twister and then to switch to melee without shapeshifting. I've got a few questions :)

Has anybody ever played such a char? What were your experiences?

I want to get my AR from a Blessed Aim merc, will the aura be enough or do I have to put points into Dex(I've never used one before)?

At the moment I'm pumping Vitality and Strength, Skills used will be Tornado, Twister, Hurricane and Cyclone Armour, plus maxed Oaksage. No points into Mana, points into Dex only if necessary to equip an item.

I was thinking of using Lawbringer as an Endweapon, or one of the other new Runewords. Whatever is effective against PI/CI monsters. Recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Good karma

Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Assur,Jun 1 2005, 05:26 PM Wrote:Hi

I've just started a melee/wind Druid. The idea is to to blast the enemy with Tornado/Twister and then to switch to melee without shapeshifting. I've got a few questions :)

Has anybody ever played such a char? What were your experiences?

I want to get my AR from a Blessed Aim merc, will the aura be enough or do I have to put points into Dex(I've never used one before)?

At the moment I'm pumping Vitality and Strength, Skills used will be Tornado, Twister, Hurricane and Cyclone Armour, plus maxed Oaksage. No points into Mana, points into Dex only if necessary to equip an item.

I was thinking of using Lawbringer as an Endweapon, or one of the other new Runewords. Whatever is effective against PI/CI monsters. Recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Good karma
[right][snapback]79251[/snapback][/right]

I have used Blessed Aim mercenaries for a few builds - those who use no AR-boosting skills. (Druid Hunters, Paladin Rangers, Assassin Snipers) Generally, they still suffered from an AR deficit for much of Hell. There are items that can aid, though. Steel Grand Charms help. ITD weapons help. Hats with the Visionary prefix help. Lavagout gloves help. The part set bonus from two of Aldur's set helps.

The fact that you will have high levels of Cyclone Armour will mitigate the need for resists on your gear, so you may be able to make use of some of these items more easily.

You have doubtless read my comments on Lawbringer. It certainly can be rather effective against PI's and CI's. I am not sure what other weapons would fit the bill too.

It sounds like a fun build. Best wishes :)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

IIRC, Lawbringer will also break physical immunities on undead so that Tornado will damage them. :D
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
ShadowHM,Jun 2 2005, 11:48 PM Wrote:The fact that you will have high levels of Cyclone Armour will mitigate the need for resists on your gear, so you may be able to make use of some of these items more easily. 

You have doubtless read my comments on Lawbringer.  It certainly can be rather effective against PI's and CI's.  I am not sure what other weapons would fit the bill too.

It sounds like a fun build.    Best wishes  :)
[right][snapback]79429[/snapback][/right]

Hi

I had been thinking about starting a Druid with both melee and ranged capabilities and your posting about Lawbringer finally made me take the leap ^_^

Too bad the Blessed Aim merc doesn't seem to cut the mustard in hell, but Cyclone Armour really gives me the opening to boost AR with items without worrying about resists.

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”