Zip the Cartographer (Very NSF56K)
Recently, my adventrous spirit took advantage of my better judgement. Grinding ground to a halt. Level 50 must wait, foreign lands are afoot!

[Image: zip_wield.jpg]

I had just finished the last segment of Cortello's Riddle, and was thus on the east coast of the Hinterlands. I began swimming north along the coast, along and past the plaguelands. A vast mountain range separates the ocean from the monsters.

As I swam, I swam ashore wherever the land would permit. There wasn't anything interesting for the most part. I noticed that the mountains and land formations started to repeat. Copied and pasted inlets and the like. H2G2 anyone?

I was somewhere around here.

[Image: map1.jpg]

Then, something strange happened. I swam ashore, mounted up, and fell into the land!

[Image: fell_into_the_ground.jpg]

At first I thought I had fallen into the world, but then I realized it was actually just a bunch of square holes. I know these to be freshly dug graves, for they had the aroma of impending cadavers.

[Image: graves.jpg]
[Image: graves2.jpg]

I wanted adventure and not corpses, so I continued. The repeating mountains were becoming tedious, and also very steep, and there didn't seem to be any opportunity to cross them.

[Image: cant_make_it.jpg]

I had come a long way, and had a long way to go.

[Image: coast_view.jpg]

The ocean was infinitely deep. I wanted to explore, but an ugly beast blocked my path.

[Image: fatigue.jpg]

I swam and swam along the north coast, until I met a miracle.

[Image: a_way_through.jpg]

A way across, or so it seems. I had to investigate. The repetitious mountains had ceased and my true adventures could begin.

I ran, rode, climbed, fell, slid, and jumped my way to whatever lay behind those mountains.

[Image: i_made_it.jpg]

I roared with victory.
The error occurred on line -1.
[Image: i_made_it_ow.jpg]

Which unexpectedly lead to my death at the hands (?) of my own sword.

There was a vast expanse of not much. Some of the ground had strange white spots, and there were also very unusual land formations reminiscent of Bolty's beta adventures.

[Image: monument.jpg]

[Image: wow_thats_far.jpg]

[Image: zip_wuz_here.jpg]

[Image: broken_hills.jpg]

There were some REALLY steep and deep cliffs.

[Image: ow.jpg]

[Image: even_farther.jpg]

[Image: LEAP.jpg]

[Image: almost_there.jpg]

Would I survive?
[Image: ill_am_back.jpg]

Yes! TGMSSWO! There were several of these cliffs.

[Image: woooooooooooooooosh.jpg]

One looked like my mind's eye of Mordor's Black Gate.

[Image: black_gate.jpg]

I had an elaborate story planned out for this thread, but I gave up. Ignore the text. I assume this is some sort of prop from the plaguelands. It looks funny from this end. :)

[Image: the_beast_would_not_fight.jpg]

I couldn't climb up to it no matter how hard I tried, nor could I escape from the crater I had leapt into.

[Image: zip.jpg]

I made it to this general area.

[Image: map2.jpg]

Zip, done with his first big adventure, hearthed back to Gadgetzan, only to be challenged by...

[Image: artega.jpg]

But it was an imposter. :rolleyes:
Zippyy,Jun 2 2005, 11:11 PM Wrote:Zip, done with his first big adventure, hearthed back to Gadgetzan, only to be challenged by...

[Image: artega.jpg]

But it was an imposter.  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]79449[/snapback][/right]

Yep, I've noticed that the randomizer name function just seems to grab names from the other servers, and present them. I've come across my "troll shaman" on Stormrage as a human female paladin a couple of times.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Jun 3 2005, 11:31 AM Wrote:Yep, I've noticed that the randomizer name function just seems to grab names from the other servers, and present them. I've come across my "troll shaman" on Stormrage as a human female paladin a couple of times.
[right][snapback]79531[/snapback][/right]
On a related note, my current boss's is named Henry Bringham, and he goes by henryb. That is dangerously close to Thenryb.

I think he should go by BringHam.
Zippyy,Jun 3 2005, 06:10 PM Wrote:I think he should go by BringHam.
[right][snapback]79542[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

Question: How come your font looks different? The "Artega challenges you to a duel" and "Fatigue" looks different than my font.
Phoenix,Jun 3 2005, 06:41 PM Wrote::lol:

Question: How come your font looks different? The "Artega challenges you to a duel" and "Fatigue" looks different than my font.
[right][snapback]79610[/snapback][/right]
Hax. :shuriken:

But seriously, it's Insomniax mod. At first I didn't like the new font, but I was too lazy to change it and by now I'm used to it.