grimoires
GRIMOIRES

I'm having an impossible time finding info on what the spells actualy do. I looked here, thoughtbot, allakhazam, the basin but havn't found anything. Anyone found a site that has this stuff? If I have to teach a spell to find out what it does is it true for all spells that I can toggle them on and off with hot keys?
bernard shakey,Jun 3 2005, 04:59 AM Wrote:If I have to teach a spell to find out what it does is it true for all spells that I can toggle them on and off with hot keys?
[right][snapback]79465[/snapback][/right]
Yes, you can have it so if you don't want your minion to cast one of their spells learned from a grimoire then you can have it not autocast simply by rightclicking the spell on the minion's hotbar. Right-clicking turns on and off autocast. If you want the minion to use the spell and have autocast turned off, then you can use CTRL-# to manually make the minion use the skill.
Intolerant monkey.
If you're talking about warlock grimoires for pets, most of them can be turned off or on manual with hotkeys.

As to what they do, the numbers on those aren't always obvious. Paranoia has no real stastical listing. Imp firebolts definitely increase in damage, but casting time is iffy.
Drasca,Jun 3 2005, 06:07 AM Wrote:If you're talking about warlock grimoires for pets, most of them can be turned off or on manual with hotkeys.

As to what they do, the numbers on those aren't always obvious. Paranoia has no real stastical listing. Imp firebolts definitely increase in damage, but casting time is iffy.
[right][snapback]79468[/snapback][/right]

Ya it's the warlock grimoires for pets that I'm wondering about. but nothing to specific, just a general spell discription. I'd just like to know what I'm buying before I buy it! suffering is the one that I need now but in 2 more levels...
bernard shakey,Jun 3 2005, 05:50 AM Wrote:suffering is the one that I need now but in 2 more levels...
[right][snapback]79471[/snapback][/right]

Buy them all. Ok, there's one exception. For succubus, there's lesser invisibilty, lash of pain, charm and one other spell. That one is the only one not very useful most of the time, as it reduces aggro while you want your pet to gain aggro (unless charming a target manually with seduce).

Honestly, you shouldn't be making any purchases on equipment until very high level. Spend all money on skills, grimoires and spell upgrades. Also, crafting should be earning you money or useable buffs, not be a sinkhole.
bernard shakey,Jun 3 2005, 06:50 AM Wrote:Ya it's the warlock grimoires for pets that I'm wondering about. but nothing to specific, just a general spell discription. I'd just like to know what I'm buying before I buy it! suffering is the one that I need now but in 2 more levels...
[right][snapback]79471[/snapback][/right]

Suffering and Torment are Voidwalker skills that are essentially a taunt to gain aggro.

Drasca,Jun 3 2005, 07:44 AM Wrote:Buy them all. Ok, there's one exception. For succubus, there's lesser invisibilty, lash of pain, charm and one other spell. [right][snapback]79475[/snapback][/right]

The other one for the Succubus is Soothing Kiss which as you stated reduces aggro on the Succubus. Personally I've found it usually ocassionally in raids for when the succubus draws unwanted aggro but I never have it on Auto-Cast. I've however not found as much use for the Invisibility although I think it would be very useful for PvP.

I don't have the time right now but later when i get home from work I'll try to make a full listing of the spells that the Grimoires teach.

Here's a list from memory

Imp
Blood Pact - AoE stamina boost for your party.
Fire Shield - Chance to do Fire Damage when attacked
Firebolt - Increases Damage of Imp's Firebolt
Phase Shift - Makes it so the Imp cannot be attacked directly unless it attacks. I forget if AoE still hurts him in this state.

VW
Torment - Taunt to gain aggro
Suffering - Stronger Taunt to gain aggro (Longer cooldown)
Consume Shadows - Life regen for the Voidwalker, good for between battles

Succubus
Lash of Pain - Increased damage attack
Soothing Kiss - Reduces Aggro, much like a priest's Fade ability
Seduction - Charms humanoids so they stand still unless attacked for a few seconds
Lesser Invisibility - Just what it sounds like, makes the Succubus invisible until it attacks.

Felhunter
Tainted Blood - Able to stack 5 times. A debuff that reduces the target's Attack Power
Paranoia - AoE party buff to increase stealth detection
Spell Lock - disables a caster to cast from one school of magic for a period of time. Similar to Counterspell and Kick.
Devour Magic - Removes one DeBuff from a party member or one Buff from an enemy and gives some life back to the Felhunter
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Arethor,Jun 3 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:Fire Shield - Chance to do Fire Damage when attacked
[right][snapback]79533[/snapback][/right]
It's been my experience that fire shield always does damage. Am I wrong? :(
The error occurred on line -1.
Arethor,Jun 3 2005, 09:45 AM Wrote:Phase Shift - Makes it so the Imp cannot be attacked directly unless it attacks. [right][snapback]79533[/snapback][/right]
Phase Shift leaves your Imp completely unattackable unless he does something that forces him to drop back into phase with the world -- i.e. cast a spell. If he drops out of Phase Shift to cast a spell and he goes into combat, he can't Phase Shift again until you are out of combat.

If you have him set to passive, and you turn the autocast off for Fire Shield (dropping out to autocast FS on party members as they go into combat is a leading cause of premature Imp death), he will stay phase shifted all the time and will be immune to all attacks, including AoE.

With Dark Pact + Phase Shift, he becomes an invulnerable mobile mana reservoir/combat mana regen system -- with the option for you to drop him out of phase shift for burst firebolt DPS. Very handy -- I <3 my Imp!

Arethor,Jun 3 2005, 09:45 AM Wrote:Torment - Taunt to gain aggro
Suffering - Stronger Taunt to gain aggro (Longer Cooldown)[right][snapback]79533[/snapback][/right]
My turn to not remember offhand, but one of these is a single-target taunt, and the other is an AoE taunt -- I think that's Suffering. Regardless, the AoE taunt is a mana pig, and I leave the autocast for it disabled. I find that leaves the Void with much more mana, and I can then manually cast it if I need to quickly grab aggro from multiple targets. YMMV, of course.

Kv
Zippyy,Jun 3 2005, 07:50 AM Wrote:It's been my experience that fire shield always does damage.&nbsp; Am I wrong?&nbsp; :(
[right][snapback]79534[/snapback][/right]

I'm pretty sure you're correct- though all damage shields can be resisted.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Zippyy,Jun 3 2005, 11:50 AM Wrote:It's been my experience that fire shield always does damage.&nbsp; Am I wrong?&nbsp; :(
[right][snapback]79534[/snapback][/right]

I couldn't remember if it only caused damage against melee attackers, or if it also worked against casters. As I said all of that was off the top of my head :D
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
thanks Arethor thats exactly what I was looking for, and thanks to all for the helpfull comments