In Search of Thaeldrid
Since Tichondrius was down for quite a while Sunday night, I decided to kill time waiting for it to come back up by picking up quests for Blackfathom Deeps for my priest on Terenas. I noticed that there were a couple that I did on the Alliance side that there weren't quest givers for on the Horde side.

After a discussion with Alram, who confirmed there are just two quests for the Horde in BFD that you can pick up outside the instance, I went on a mission to seek out this quest:

In Search of Thaeldrid

A commenter or two on thottbot indicate that you can pick it up on the Horde side -- but -- you have to make your way into the center of Darnassus to talk to the quest giver.

I decided not to cheat by using my hearthstone or the spirit healer. I'd have to work my way into the center of Darnassus, talk to the Argent Dawn quest giver, and get back out again. I went naked save for my cloak and rings (no durability on those).

I made the run up from Zoram Strand to Darkshore, taunting a few stunned Alliance lowbies on the way. The poster here suggests you swim along the path of the boat from Auberdine to Teldrassil. I charged the ramp instead, which ended up saving me quite a bit of time.

They killed me not far down the ramp, but it only took me one corpse run to get onto the boat. Somehow in the process I ended up flagged so I was nervous waiting for the boat. But luckily the only Alliance high enough to scare me jumped off the boat early and never saw me.

I rode the boat to Ruth'eran Village and tried to sneak my way to the portal. I got spotted by the guards and killed. This is the worst part, because you have to ride the boat again as a ghost (the graveyard for Ruth'eran is in Darkshore) to get back to your corpse. Luckily I made it through the portal after just one extra boat trip.

I arrived in Darnassus, and was swiftly slaughtered once again. It took two corpse runs to get into the water. I swam underwater to the Craftsmen's Terrace and emerged next to the Argent Dawn's headquarters. This part of Darnassus was blessedly free of guards, so I was able to get the quest:

[Image: thaeldrid.jpg]

Before I left, however (still flagged--apparently again during one of my guard encounters I clicked on them and did something), a passing lvl 19 Rogue spotted me. He walked up, sized me up, and watched me dance for him for a bit. Then he attacked and immediately started running. I can only assume he was trying to tempt me into chasing him into some guards.

Although I was afraid to chase him, my SW:Pain and the single Mind Flay I got off before he broke line of sight was nearly enough to kill him. I'm afraid to report he got away with 7% of his health. I waited for a minute to see if he'd come back to try again, and then thought better of it (if he was smart he'd bring a friend, not a guard and I was flagged).

I hopped back into the water and headed for the portal. Two corpse runs later (one on the boat back to Ruth'eran village) I was back on the boat with a high level Druid.

My flag went down just as he was sizing me up, so instead of killing me we spent the boat ride dancing and being goofy.

So... if anyone on Terenas wants this quest it should be shareable until I complete it. Or you can try the adventure yourself, and doubtless do a much better job of telling the story. I had fun doing it.
A big round of applause for persistence!
Very nice! This quest is a teaser quest to get you to look for the NPC body but that one doesn't have to have it to get the followup quest. That is, as a Horde, you can just find the body directly and get a quest off the body. However, it's cool that you have that quest. I imagine you'll get some experience points (and satisfaction) by finding the body this way.
MongoJerry,Jun 6 2005, 04:25 AM Wrote:Very nice!  This quest is a teaser quest to get you to look for the NPC body but that one doesn't have to have it to get the followup quest.  That is, as a Horde, you can just find the body directly and get a quest off the body.  However, it's cool that you have that quest.  I imagine you'll get some experience points (and satisfaction) by finding the body this way.
[right][snapback]79818[/snapback][/right]

*bubble gets burst* :(

Ah well, it was still fun to do.
vor_lord,Jun 6 2005, 06:50 AM Wrote:(still flagged--apparently again during one of my guard encounters I clicked on them and did something)[right][snapback]79811[/snapback][/right]

You're automatically flagged whenever you enter an enemy capital city, so presumably, you're flagged for the entire duration you're in one, whether you attack anybody or not. Capitals still count as horde/alliance territory even on PvE servers.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Another fun thing to do along a similar vein, if you're alliance, is to run into Orgrimmar and talk to the goblin (Booty Bay faction I think) for the quest that gets the horde into Gnomeregan via the Booty Bay transpolyporter. It gives you a nice little Goblin Transponder that lets you use the transpolyporter (and take care of the horde that use it to 'port out of Booty Bay and escape guards after pestering alliance in town :)) Also gives a faster Ironforge-STV trip than having going via Stormwind and flying down.
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Trien,Jun 10 2005, 12:56 PM Wrote:Another fun thing to do along a similar vein, if you're alliance, is to run into Orgrimmar and talk to the goblin (Booty Bay faction I think) for the quest that gets the horde into Gnomeregan via the Booty Bay transpolyporter. It gives you a nice little Goblin Transponder that lets you use the transpolyporter (and take care of the horde that use it to 'port out of Booty Bay and escape guards after pestering alliance in town :)) Also gives a faster Ironforge-STV trip than having going via Stormwind and flying down.
[right][snapback]80168[/snapback][/right]

This sounds like a cool thing to do... there are posts on thottbot that indicate since the 1.40 patch this can't be done anymore.

Might try it to make sure, just to see bonemage summon an infernal in Orgrimmar.
This is a fun thing to do. I did it a while back:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...10&st=0&p=67085

One thing to note. When you find the body, you have to talk to it an additional time because the follow up quest it tries to give you when you turn this one in is alliance only and doesnt allow you to accept it. You then have to talk to the body again to get the Horde version of that same quest.

I wasnt aware of alliance's ability to use the goblin teleporter though. thats pretty cool.

Anyone else notice the new teleporter in Everlook? Anyone know where it goes?

Ravage,Jun 13 2005, 06:15 PM Wrote:Anyone else notice the new teleporter in Everlook?  Anyone know where it goes?
[right][snapback]80431[/snapback][/right]

As far as I understand it (read: get ready to correct me), both that transporter and the one in Gadgetzan can be transported _to_ via engineering items:

[Image: trinket.jpg]

Gotta love engineering.
You don't know what you're talking about.