Need help finding music a-la Warcraft
The massive choir you hear when you enter Stormwind still blows my mind after ~8 months of play.
Darnassus drum+orchestra intro is also very powerful.
There's a few other very solid tracks in the game, that keep me checking the prices for the better speaker system :D

Well, does anyone know some soundtracks and/or albums of the similar style and quality?

I have listened to Mike Oldfield for a long time, also Vangelis and JM Jarre and some other instrumentalists. However they are all in their own style, and not quite what I'm looking for right now.

Any recommendations?

Pretty please.
How about the Soviet national anthem?
Well, I was born in USSR, and developed a certain attitude towards that tune :D

Or was it a joke that I didn't get? :blink:
No, that was a serious post. The Hymn of the Soviet Union has the same type of choral arrangement as the Stormwind anthem. It has a lot of dynamic voices and martial rhythms, especially around the part that goes:

"P'artia L'enina, - s'ila narodnaya
Nas k torjestv'oo kommun'izma vedy'ot "

Unfortunately, I can't find any more compositions by Alexander Vasilyevich Alexandrov. Maybe he was a one hit wonder.

Not sure exactly what kind of styles you're thinking off, but I've quite liked Basil Poledouris' music, particularly the way he varies the harmonies in the background (I'm a fan of Baroque composition myself).
  • Conan the Barbarian - The performance by the orchestra for the movie soundtrack is sadly lacking, but the composition in this makes this my favourite movie soundtrack. The Riders of Doom sequence has a particularly rousing chorus and arrangment. On the non-choral side, I love the arrangement in The Leaving/The Search.
    <>
  • The Hunt for Red October - theme from this feels Russian, but is an original composition. (As an aside, I quite liked the sound of the USSR anthem myself!)
    <>
  • The Tradition of the Games - Written for the Atlanta Olympics (I believe, might be wrong). Wish I could get my hands on the original recording (which is apparently a very rare limited release item), but I'm stuck with a re-recording performed by a very poor choir :(<>
    [st]I listen to a lot of differnent styles of music myself, so I could probably list quite a few choral examples, but I'll keep my post short for once...
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
How about "o fortuna" by Carmina Burana? a classic.
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.