Thursday's Raid this week.
LochnarITB,Jun 15 2005, 03:22 AM Wrote:Is that how it is usually done or is it a jumble as everyone speaks at once?
[right][snapback]80688[/snapback][/right]

Usually it's a jumble of speech and joking, but the people that will be on the server and talking the most are the ones that have run it 50,000 times together so we'll all be on the same page for strategy, unlike the molten core run. If things are getting a lil too out of line or other people who aren't in the run are making it difficult to understand we can create a sub-channel specifically for the group.

That being said, pencil Arethor in. He still wants his Finkle's and loves letting loose in UBRS. Hopefully Darian doesn't make him have to set a "good example" again this time :lol: Takes the fun out of the AoE-fest-LeroyJenkins-style-blow-the-hell-out-of-everything strategy. :w00t: Zero-CC pulls ftw :shuriken:

Disclaimer: A lot of my talk of something that may seem like pure insanity is actually partially joke partially true. it's a common strategy that in the beginning of the instance to use a lot of AoE up till around Rend, however with groups who aren't as familiar we usually calm that down somewhere around the Rookery instead and start using standard MT/MA strategies.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Arethor,Jun 15 2005, 02:48 AM Wrote:Usually it's a jumble of speech and joking, but the people that will be on the server and talking the most are the ones that have run it 50,000 times together so we'll all be on the same page for strategy, unlike the molten core run.  If things are getting a lil too out of line or other people who aren't in the run are making it difficult to understand we can create a sub-channel specifically for the group.

That being said, pencil Arethor in.  He still wants his Finkle's and loves letting loose in UBRS.  Hopefully Darian doesn't make him have to set a "good example" again this time  :lol: Takes the fun out of the AoE-fest-LeroyJenkins-style-blow-the-hell-out-of-everything strategy.  :w00t:  Zero-CC pulls ftw  :shuriken:

Disclaimer: A lot of my talk of something that may seem like pure insanity is actually partially joke partially true.  it's a common strategy that in the beginning of the instance to use a lot of AoE up till around Rend, however with groups who aren't as familiar we usually calm that down somewhere around the Rookery instead and start using standard MT/MA strategies.
[right][snapback]80689[/snapback][/right]

I've never been in BRS (U or L) but I've done some instances where we decided to just go AoE heavy and it worked just fine. Depending on the group composition it can work quite well and it can definitely be the best strat to use. :)

As for Teamspeak I've got it working and got my mic working as well. I'm not afraid to tell people to STFU if need be either. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I've run UBRS at least a dozen times and I still am not always certain of what comes next. ;)
Gnollguy,Jun 15 2005, 08:33 AM Wrote:I've never been in BRS (U or L) but I've done some instances where we decided to just go AoE heavy and it worked just fine.  Depending on the group composition it can work quite well and it can definitely be the best strat to use.  :)

As for Teamspeak I've got it working and got my mic working as well.  I'm not afraid to tell people to STFU if need be either.  :)
[right][snapback]80693[/snapback][/right]

I like you, GG. I really, really do.
Arethor,Jun 15 2005, 03:48 AM Wrote:Usually it's a jumble of speech and joking, but the people that will be on the server and talking the most are the ones that have run it 50,000 times together so we'll all be on the same page for strategy, unlike the molten core run.  If things are getting a lil too out of line or other people who aren't in the run are making it difficult to understand we can create a sub-channel specifically for the group.

Well, different channels would be bad probably, as something might slip in that everyone should hear.

If any situation calls for it - Improved Sap failing, priests with aggro, Improved Sap failing, patrols coming, Improved Sap failing, bad pull, Improved Sap failing, or just backseat pulling (where a stealthed or Mind Vision'd guy calls out what's coming while the puller pulls) - you'll hear it almost immediately on TeamSpeak. Many times I say something important I'll try to type it. The problem is chat will get "add" while TS gets "Two dragonkin incoming, one's a Flamescale".
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Arethor,Jun 15 2005, 12:48 AM Wrote:Disclaimer: A lot of my talk of something that may seem like pure insanity is actually partially joke partially true.  it's a common strategy that in the beginning of the instance to use a lot of AoE up till around Rend, however with groups who aren't as familiar we usually calm that down somewhere around the Rookery instead and start using standard MT/MA strategies.

Yeah, like Freeze trapping or Polying Darian's target... :whistling:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
For us Australian's, Mishy won't be able to make the Thursday night raid because it is friday morning for us and she has to work.

I can make the raid as Yuen (because im working night shifts) - I am not up to blood stage as Yuen yet.

I was wondering - there are a number of people who cant make the thursday night UBRS raid - would there be interest in doing a Friday night UBRS raid? If so you can count both Mishy (hunter) and Mishian (warrior) in - those 2 both need blood.

-Yuen + Mishy
Quark,Jun 15 2005, 10:39 AM Wrote:Well, different channels would be bad probably, as something might slip in that everyone should hear.

If any situation calls for it - Improved Sap failing, priests with aggro, Improved Sap failing, patrols coming, Improved Sap failing, bad pull, Improved Sap failing, or just backseat pulling (where a stealthed or Mind Vision'd guy calls out what's coming while the puller pulls) - you'll hear it almost immediately on TeamSpeak.  Many times I say something important I'll try to type it.  The problem is chat will get "add" while TS gets "Two dragonkin incoming, one's a Flamescale".
[right][snapback]80707[/snapback][/right]

I meant creating a different channel specifically for the Raid so we don't get things like Vilatra interrupting while we're running :P Can never tell how many will be on TS but not on the run, although recently it's been pretty barren unless we're doing an instance. Seems only the people with nothing better to do log on :whistling:

Arethor,Jun 16 2005, 10:45 AM Wrote:I meant creating a different channel specifically for the Raid so we don't get things like Vilatra interrupting while we're running  :P  Can never tell how many will be on TS but not on the run, although recently it's been pretty barren unless we're doing an instance.  Seems only the people with nothing better to do log on  :whistling:
[right][snapback]80817[/snapback][/right]

HEY! I resemble that remark!
Hillary,Jun 16 2005, 10:56 AM Wrote:HEY!  I resemble that remark!
[right][snapback]80818[/snapback][/right]

If you resemble it then why am I the only one on the TS server right now? :lol: Guess I'm proving my own point :blink:

Arethor,Jun 16 2005, 05:19 PM Wrote:If you resemble it then why am I the only one on the TS server right now?  :lol: Guess I'm proving my own point  :blink:
[right][snapback]80864[/snapback][/right]

'cuz some of us have to work to pay to run the TS server... :P
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
I'm pissed! I'm fuming! I have resigned myself to the fact that I have to party or raid to get playing time with Lochnar. I have convinced myself that, with a good group, it can resemble fun. I was even looking forward to tonight's raid of UBRS enough to plan my life around the time. So why does this game still have it in for me?

Whenever I get invited to a raid group, I immediately disconnect. When I come back, after a round of being told my character already exists, I find I am in the group. However, the interface is messed up. The party icons are halfway off the screen and the CTRaid member groups are overlapping each other. The chat sometimes gets messed up so that I only see some of what is being entered, including my chat entries not displaying but being seen by other players. Last night, re-logging fixed the interface and chat and allowed me to go into LBRS. Tonight, 3 re-logs and a second invite and everything was still messed up. I had to excuse myself from the run(s). When I did get in, with stuff working, I looked at the guild list and, of the full frame list, there were two not in Blackrockspire, Hit at 33(?) and Lochnar. He was missing the party again. :(

Does anyone recognize these problems associated with raids? It might be a problem with CTRaid, but I have kept the CT mods all up to date and even removed them all and reinstalled. Any clues? CTRaid is a must to be in a raid so I can't simply remove that and hope things work. It seems to be working for everyone else anyway.

If you have an idea of how to get Lochnar into these raids without hassle, please let me know. He cried tonight when I told him he might not be able to go visit Onyxia and have fun with his friends. It almost broke my heart listening to his wailing as I backed him into his little corner in the bank and reached for the logout button as he yelled "No, no, please I just want to play...." [cry emoticon that doesn't exist on the LL here]
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Jun 17 2005, 12:23 AM Wrote:Does anyone recognize these problems associated with raids?  It might be a problem with CTRaid, but I have kept the CT mods all up to date and even removed them all and reinstalled.  Any clues?  CTRaid is a must to be in a raid so I can't simply remove that and hope things work.  It seems to be working for everyone else anyway.
[right][snapback]80891[/snapback][/right]

The best I have seen is this:

1) Uninstall offending mods. (CTRaid in this case)
2) Load the game with your normal character. This clears out the SavedVariables.lua entries from that file - they may be corrupted.
3) Now install the newest version of the program. In my case, I'm still on 1.12 of CTRaid because the newest, 1.153, is incompatible with old versions and is beta. Once that updates to final, I'll grab that.

Now, it's too bad that out of both groups we didn't managed to get a single blood. I'm not sure exactly what happened last night, but the General put up a good fight apparantly. No chest piece loot, no blood :(. We did get two very good things from our run, though. First, we got a purple. So that's a nice bonus. Second, we finally got Finkle's. This means any raid involving Porlupus (he won) has a chance at the Pristine Hide of the Beast, needed for a bunch of quests for elite items.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
So I've been going over my group's play style for the General encounter last night wondering where we went 'off the path- we rarely have that many problems - and I swear it had to be just BAD luck.

The first battle, Darian went down fast, really fast, and Arethor's fear was resisted A LOT. Second battle was much of the same: I had Darian's health pretty high up, but then Onan went down like a sack of potatoes and the whole thing was shot.

I was trying to think if there was something we could be doing better, and truthfully? I don't think so. I think we just had bad luck.

So Monday night, we'll try it again. If you are interested, reply specifically to this thread and we'll try to organize groups best we can.
Well.... must one be running CTRaid to be in the raid? Is there any real advantage to the players who aren't the Raid Leaders? Is it necessary to have CTRaid up and running? Once you're invited, can't you just type /raid, hop on TS, if you're able and interested, set your macros for MT and MA and participate the old fashioned way, with your eyes, ears and fingers?

What is the unique advantage of using CT Raid if you are just playing with the raid and not leading it?
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra,Jun 17 2005, 09:51 AM Wrote:Well.... must one be running CTRaid to be in the raid? Is there any real advantage to the players who aren't the Raid Leaders? Is it necessary to have CTRaid up and running? Once you're invited, can't you just type /raid, hop on TS, if you're able and interested, set your macros for MT and MA and participate the old fashioned way, with your eyes, ears and fingers?

What is the unique advantage of using CT Raid if you are just playing with the raid and not leading it?
[right][snapback]80912[/snapback][/right]

Who pretty much "must" have it in my estimation: Tanks, Healers/Rez'ers of any type (if you have jumper cables, you fit here)/People with High First Aid.

Why? Tanks/Healers/Rez obvious. The others? You can bandage a priest from another group and possibly spare us a wipe. A rogue with cables can see a potential wipe and vanish for the win.

If you don't fit into those categories, it's not truly necessary. Some people just like to know what's going down. In my estimation, though, the people I listed SHOULD have it . . . (bitches at Ab because he hasn't gotten it yet, AND can bandage AND has jumper cables)

I know that I was resisted time and again for my Arcane Missles. I remember being resisited at least three times in row on more than one occasion during each encounter. If Pysbie and Kapowee were experiencing the same thing, that's a lot of damage left undone.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Hillary,Jun 17 2005, 09:39 AM Wrote:I was trying to think if there was something we could be doing better, and truthfully?  I don't think so.  I think we just had bad luck.
[right][snapback]80909[/snapback][/right]

The first battle I kept my eye on my group and Darian's health (also for debuffs) and got conflagarated (is that even a word) to death. Second battle I was out of combat to be able to rez Darian. I did so but realized that with his death that Griz was killed almost immediately afters. So I switched to healing him with a combination of flash heals and full heals with the occassional cleanse to remove the general's conflagaration. But eventually the General seemed to get a mortal strike crit in and conflagarated Darian too fast for me to heal (in fact my lay of hands received a invalid target as he had JUST died). I then switched to trying to keep Kapowee and the other kiters alive. Unfortunately in trying to keep Kapowee in line of sight I ran RIGHT into the general's path and was conflagarated.

I think part of the problem on my end was that I did not have CTRaid installed so I couldn't see that Griz/Onan was in trouble to drop blessing of protection on you/him. I'll rectify that by getting it reinstalled and configured. Putting me in the main tank's group is also helpful as I would be able to use my mana pool to help keep Darian by healing Griz of any hits she may get. Its also easier to hit F3 (or whatever key is Griz's portrait) and Divine Intervention on her when Darian gets dropped when we're in the same group. Having a fire resist aura on the main tank also helps. :)

This brings me to a worry of mine. I've been wondering (once I build Shar's gold pool back up) if I shouldn't respec to holy/retribution rather than protection/retribution that she is now. With me bringing Shal up, Gnolack and Galreth being protection specc'd and the close relationship we have with CA and Darian it doesn't seem to make sense for Shar to also be protection specc'd. But that may be better suited for another thread but if anyone has anything they'd like to share about Shar's spec I'd be grateful. :)

Hillary,Jun 17 2005, 09:39 AM Wrote:So Monday night, we'll try it again.  If you are interested, reply specifically to this thread and we'll try to organize groups best we can.

What start time precious?
LochnarITB,Jun 16 2005, 11:23 PM Wrote:If you have an idea of how to get Lochnar into these raids without hassle, please let me know. 
[right][snapback]80891[/snapback][/right]
This may not be something you want to hear, but it may be time to uninstall, defrag the drive and the reinstall. I had all sorts of goofy things happening, including my characters turning invisible and extremely frequent disconnects, especially if people invited me into groups very shortly after logging in. The really interesting thing is that if GG and I were playing at the same time and I disconnected from the game, it forced him to disconnect as well and yet our ISP was working just find for everything else. The only add-on installed was weapon quick swap and just uninstalling that and wiping the interface, WDB and WTF didn't fix it. So I did the incredibly desperate act of uninstalling, defragging the drive (even though it really didn't need it) and then reinstalling. That seems to have cleared everything up. I guess having the game installed from the first day of release and getting all those patches in spurts rather than just the one big one did something slightly goofy. /shrug

And it only took 45 minutes to download the whole 174 MB for the patch taking me from the first release version to 1.5. :wacko:

Edit: Oh, and after me uninstalling, GG no longer disconnects frequently either. Neat huh? Fixing my issues on my machine fixed his.
Intolerant monkey.
Hillary,Jun 17 2005, 08:39 AM Wrote:So I've been going over my group's play style for the General encounter last night wondering where we went 'off the path- we rarely have that many problems - and I swear it had to be just BAD luck.

The first battle, Darian went down fast, really fast, and Arethor's fear was resisted A LOT.  Second battle was much of the same:  I had Darian's health pretty high up, but then Onan went down like a sack of potatoes and the whole thing was shot.

I was trying to think if there was something we could be doing better, and truthfully?  I don't think so.  I think we just had bad luck.

So Monday night, we'll try it again.  If you are interested, reply specifically to this thread and we'll try to organize groups best we can.

I'm in for Monday.

We had similar issues. The L59 guard that our 2 druids were chain sleeping resisted them a lot. In fact I didn't pull the L60 guard that I was tanking away because I thought that the damn things were immune to sleep and I was going to try and pick it up too then I finally saw the Z's.

I may have this wrong but we lost a healer earlier because with the 2nd one resisting sleep it hit Galreth off his pull aggro and as soon as he was healed things took off. Galreth went down shortly after the first guard went down and I started tanking the 2nd guard. So I went and taunted the General with the 2nd Guard on my back. The next thing I know the guard hits me for a 2919 Mortal Strike that was not a crit and I was dead. That was it's regular MS on a defensive stance warrior with 365 defense skill and over 54% damage reduction from armor. Even with 5K HP you can't take that for long.

Our combat rez's were lost so we couldn't try again after the wipe. It didn't help that Littledude was playing in a slide show the whole time and others were having big lag spikes as well. We lost some DPS there.

Treesh can make Greater Fire Protection Potions with Etheramwen and NSD can make them with Sommli. Those seemed to help as I completely absorbed somethign the general did to me, don't remember what and I think it helped Galreth with a conflagerate as well. So send your elemental fire and dreamfoil that way if you want some.

I wanted to do an earlier thunder clap after a charge to at least get some time with thier attacks slowed by 10% but was worried I'd break the sleep on the other one. Thinking back I still should have done that because with the druids chain sleeping it wouldn't have mattered and it would have given a little more hate to me anyway. A hunters frost trap to slow the things down if they start moving might have been a good idea too, though those traps can cause some ugly graphic lag for people too and we already had some issues with that.

Oh well.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.