Another new 60
Tonight, my main Undead Warrior "Agnar" (formerly known as "Parzival") became level 60, too. This is my first level 60 out of five game characters after 4 months of playing time. Yay!! :D
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Grats!
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Every horde guild in the world gets the black tabard with the skull on it, yeah?

The guild I'm in on Gorefiend had almost that exact tabard for months (purple border instead of white), until we changed it, due to about a dozen other guilds being exactly the same.
Grats! Enjoy the loot-or-bust phase of WoW, it's fun.
Bob the Beholder,Jun 14 2005, 09:22 PM Wrote:Every horde guild in the world gets the black tabard with the skull on it, yeah?

The guild I'm in on Gorefiend had almost that exact tabard for months (purple border instead of white), until we changed it, due to about a dozen other guilds being exactly the same.
[right][snapback]80642[/snapback][/right]

I don't even know how to describe my guild's tabard. It's uh, like blue with some white spots on it. Very weird.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake
Congrats!

Very cool looking character too :)
First. Grats Nobbie.

Bob the Beholder,Jun 14 2005, 08:22 PM Wrote:Every horde guild in the world gets the black tabard with the skull on it, yeah?

The Terenas Lurker tabard is brown with a golden totem. It rocks muchly.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Thanks everyone. I always keep an eye on the look and consistent equipment designs of my character(s). If a new found piece of equipment doesn't fit look-wise, I won't wear it even if it has better stats :)

Bob the Beholder,Jun 15 2005, 01:22 AM Wrote:Every horde guild in the world gets the black tabard with the skull on it, yeah?

Interesting. We're currently discussing a new tabard design within the guild too, although I'm satisfied with the current dark-grey/white "skull" design.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Grats . never posted when I got 60 on EU server , dont want to hijack this but err , I now have 2 x 60's yay :P
Take care
Raven Vale,Jun 15 2005, 10:21 AM Wrote:Grats . never posted when I got 60 on EU server , dont want to hijack this but err , I now have 2 x 60's yay :P
[right][snapback]80691[/snapback][/right]
Congrats, and which 2 classes, if I may ask? :)
nobbie,Jun 15 2005, 09:11 AM Wrote:Congrats, and which 2 classes, if I may ask? :)
[right][snapback]80699[/snapback][/right]

Its in his signature Nobbie. ;)

Edit: Congrats to you btw. :)
Tonight, my first main character on the Alliance side, the Night Elf Druid "Shakti", became level 60, too. This is my second level 60 out of five game characters after 8 months of playing time. Yay!! :D

[Image: WoW_Shakti_is_Level_60.jpg]

My Tauren Druid "Winona" (currently level 40) will now be my new Horde main and become 60 soon, because Druid's are THE solo character in WoW (in my opinion). I actually can't imagine to play another class anymore (as soloist) after enjoying such great flexibility and balanced gaming (post patch 1.8). Druids rock! :)
nobbie,Oct 23 2005, 02:07 AM Wrote:I actually can't imagine to play another class anymore (as soloist) after enjoying such great flexibility and balanced gaming (post patch 1.8). Druids rock! :)
[right][snapback]92929[/snapback][/right]

Congratulations, Nobbie!

I can't really agree with you on Druids, though. The 1.8 patch has taken them from middle of the pack characters to dominators. I've beaten people in PvP that I really should not be able to and killed stuff in PvE that would have been impossible with other characters.

In a large number of ways, I think they pushed druids too far. I think we'll ultimately see them beaten with a nerf stick as a result. It now takes 3-4 characters working in conjunction to even catch a druid and I've been able to beat everything that comes near me in solo PvP up to about my level +3. The new raw feral damage is close to a non-epic rogue, you have the ability to bounce out and heal with instants, and then drop into bear form and intercept/tank to finish them off.

Am I the only one who feels like this? On one side I've got a druid that makes PvP feel almost trivial and on the other I've got a stack of characters who can't beat a druid 1:1 with anything I've come up with. This can't just be me...
savaughn,Oct 24 2005, 12:14 AM Wrote:Congratulations, Nobbie!

I can't really agree with you on Druids, though.  The 1.8 patch has taken them from middle of the pack characters to dominators.  I've beaten people in PvP that I really should not be able to and killed stuff in PvE that would have been impossible with other characters.

In a large number of ways, I think they pushed druids too far.  I think we'll ultimately see them beaten with a nerf stick as a result. ...
Thanks :) Regarding a Druid nerf, I don't think that this will happen. Rather the opposite will be the case: Other classes will be upped, so that WOW will become more attractive for solo and casual gamers. I think the Druid is just right now (without all that epic MC and BWL stuff). DPS is still definitely in the midrange and doesn't come even close to i.e. a Mage.
nobbie,Oct 23 2005, 04:54 PM Wrote:Thanks :) Regarding a Druid nerf, I don't think that this will happen. Rather the opposite will be the case: Other classes will be upped, so that WOW will become more attractive for solo and casual gamers. I think the Druid is just right now (without all that epic MC and BWL stuff). DPS is still definitely in the midrange and doesn't come even close to i.e. a Mage.
[right][snapback]92964[/snapback][/right]

Mages are mid-range dps, defined, nobbie. They only continue to rank high on DPS parses due to AE situations. And they're still quitessential glass cannons. Easy enough to kill once their cards are played.

Druids?

I can hope the trend holds out for the paladin talent revamp.

They made another shaman. The question becomes, is there enough room at the top?
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
nobbie,Oct 23 2005, 08:54 PM Wrote:DPS is still definitely in the midrange and doesn't come even close to i.e. a Mage.
[right][snapback]92964[/snapback][/right]

My druid at 46 is doing much more damage than my rogue was at 46. Granted much of that is experience and knowing gear better, but not all of it. If the mathcraft holds true, a good druid in all blues won't be too bad compared to a rogue in all blues. Epics change the equation simply because weapons + armor = rogue dps, only armor = druid dps and they don't have nearly as good a selection of armor that adds to damage.

Mages are far behind Rogues on single-target DPS right now. They lack single-target compared to Hunters. Warriors can fight Rogues with the right spec/gear, so they outclass Mages too.

I don't think feral druids can keep up with the epic items, but pre-MC/Onyxia, they're looking damn strong on damage.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I'm now leveling my remaining 40's Horde alts (Tauren Druid, Orc Shaman, and Undead Warlock) just for fun using only a full week's rested bonus (equal to ~ 1 level at 200% experience gains). The other time is reserved for some highend experiments with my level 60 Night Elf Druid, i.e. fighting all possible end-50's and 60's elite monsters solo to find out the limits of the Druid class.
Anyway, the 40's alts will be played equally to see if one of them has a significant advantage over the others, and from what I can see so far after playing each class two levels from 40 to 42 is that the Druid definitely has NOT an advantage. The Druid (Feral spec) has become stronger since patch 1.8 in terms of DPS and survivability, but my Orc Shaman as well as my Undead Warlock still do A LOT more DPS when played solo. My Warlock is the DPS king of the three, and the price for that power - like the Shaman - is a higher downtime where he must drink Mana (the same goes for Mages, btw). So, what you are noticing with respect to the Druid - although he has much lower DPS than i.e. the Warlock - is that he is just better balanced overall with almost zero downtime if played right as Feral Druid. This gives you the FEELING that he's very strong while in fact he is not. The other classes, i.e. Shaman, Warlocks and Mages, are just badly balanced with the constant ups and downs of very strong DPS vs. long downtimes. Consider the Druid the best balanced class and best solo class since patch 1.8, and he has set the mark for the other classes. Time for Blizzard to get back to work on the others :)
nobbie,Oct 25 2005, 03:36 PM Wrote:So, what you are noticing with respect to the Druid - although he has much lower DPS than i.e. the Warlock - is that he is just better balanced overall with almost zero downtime if played right as Feral Druid. This gives you the FEELING that he's very strong while in fact he is not. The other classes, i.e. Shaman, Warlocks and Mages, are just badly balanced with the constant ups and downs of very strong DPS vs. long downtimes. Consider the Druid the best balanced class and best solo class since patch 1.8, and he has set the mark for the other classes. Time for Blizzard to get back to work on the others :)
[right][snapback]93130[/snapback][/right]

If the downtime advantage of playing a druid means you kill more mobs in an hour, then the DPS doesn't matter at all; Druids are now stronger.

In fact, I think it's time we started ignoring the "DPS" rate when having a discussion about which class is "better," as "DPS" is a pile of steaming manure for that purpose.

Use DPH instead.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Oct 25 2005, 08:19 PM Wrote:If the downtime advantage of playing a druid means you kill more mobs in an hour, then the DPS doesn't matter at all; Druids are now stronger.

In fact, I think it's time we started ignoring the "DPS" rate when having a discussion about which class is "better," as "DPS" is a pile of steaming manure for that purpose.

Use DPH instead.
[right][snapback]93131[/snapback][/right]
Ok, to make it easier to understand: My level 40 Warlock kills a level 40-42 Ironfur Bear in Feralas twice as fast as the Feral Druid, but he has to drink a Mana pot after 2-4 Bears. My Shaman is 1.5 times as fast as the Druid killing that Ironfur Bear and must also drink a Mana pot after 2-4 Bears :)
nobbie,Oct 25 2005, 10:37 PM Wrote:Ok, to make it easier to understand: My level 40 Warlock kills a level 40-42 Ironfur Bear in Feralas twice as fast as the Feral Druid, but he has to drink a Mana pot after 2-4 Bears. My Shaman is 1.5 times as fast as the Druid killing that Ironfur Bear and must also drink a Mana pot after 2-4 Bears :)
[right][snapback]93132[/snapback][/right]
Which must be awfully inefficient when I think about the time needed to farm the ingredients for all the mana potions...

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
nobbie,Oct 25 2005, 04:37 PM Wrote:Ok, to make it easier to understand:
[right][snapback]93132[/snapback][/right]

Oh, I understood you perfectly. But I think we're all well aware that small sample size is not the way to measure these things. How quickly you kill one mob, or even a handful of mobs, isn't in any way statistically relevant in terms of determining which classes/builds are the "best." You have to stretch out the data so that you're measuring your average output per hour for it to have any meaning whatsoever.

(Or, alternatively, XP/hour... although that's useless at 60.)
Darian Redwin - just some dude now