RP-PVP
I found this WOW interview in a Norwegian newspaper, and it has one very interesting little question.

I'll translate:
Quote:-Do you have any plans to start a PvP server with RP rules, for example limits on character and guild names?

-Hello, Corndog,
Yes ;)

Edit: Btw, please enjoy the irony in the guy asking the question going by the handle 'Corndog'. :lol:
The Gnu,Jun 16 2005, 03:59 PM Wrote:I found this WOW interview in a Norwegian newspaper, and it has one very interesting little question.

I'll translate:
Edit: Btw, please enjoy the irony in the guy asking the question going by the handle 'Corndog'.  :lol:
[right][snapback]80849[/snapback][/right]
What's unusual is that they still seem to say over and over that they aren't adding any rulesets in the official forums. Maybe this was a recent decision though.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Yeah, that's the impression I've had too, that's why I think this is interesting. :)

Of course, I don't know much about either the newspaper or their source, so it might just be a red herring.
The Gnu,Jun 16 2005, 09:27 PM Wrote:Yeah, that's the impression I've had too, that's why I think this is interesting. :)

Of course, I don't know much about either the newspaper or their source, so it might just be a red herring.
[right][snapback]80856[/snapback][/right]

The person interviewed is Thundgot, the english European community representative (all norwegian mmorpg followers should know this). The newspaper is norway's 3rd largest paper. All he really said is that there are plans for RP-PVP servers, but nothing more concrete. I was pretty sure they are planning on it before, just a matter of man power. Could be years away though ;)
Kjartan,Jun 17 2005, 03:06 PM Wrote:The person interviewed is Thundgot, the english European community representative (all norwegian mmorpg followers should know this). The newspaper is norway's 3rd largest paper. All he really said is that there are plans for RP-PVP servers, but nothing more concrete. I was pretty sure they are planning on it before, just a matter of man power. Could be years away though ;)
[right][snapback]80915[/snapback][/right]

I think that this is something of a scoop

Thundgot is sufficiently experienced in his role to know that any tidbit is pounced upon eagerly, I'm sure he is letting this information out to encourage interest in the game's upcoming new features

It may not be next patch but I expect it will be this year
Woot! I smell an alt coming on...On second thought, that might not be such a good thing. I still need to do *something* with my main(s).
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
That's really interesting. Blizzard's comments on this have always revolved around how much it would cost to support such a ruleset. A GM recently joined the Offenders, and what he says bears this out as he shuddered at the idea of combining the mountain of GM petitions generated on PvP servers ("so-n-so's picking on me!") with the mountain of petitions generated on RP servers ("so-n-so's not talking right!"). But, yeah, if they did add a PvP-RP server, I'd definitely start a new character there. The only thing that's stopped me from making an RP character was that fact that you can't PvP there. I mean, how can you properly role play if you can't attack your enemy?