300 Weaponsmith
Dagger Epic BoP One-handed
53-100 damage 1.6 speed
47.8 dps
Proc: Reduce threat against target
Requires: 6 lava core, 12 fiery core, 12 arcanite bar, blood of the
mountain, 4 dark iron bar
[right][snapback]81926[/snapback][/right]

Bind on pickup means the user has to be a Weaponsmith.

Rogue/druid weaponsmith? Blah.
RTM,Jun 29 2005, 10:28 AM Wrote:Bind on pickup means the user has to be a Weaponsmith.

Rogue/druid weaponsmith? Blah.
[right][snapback]81963[/snapback][/right]

The BoP is a bug. They said it's fixed internally, but they're not sure if it'll make 1.6.0 or 1.7.0. Lazy Blizzard, it's an easy safe fix unless your BoP/BoE code design sucks, so stick it in now!
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Jun 29 2005, 01:29 PM Wrote:The BoP is a bug.  They said it's fixed internally, but they're not sure if it'll make 1.6.0 or 1.7.0.  Lazy Blizzard, it's an easy safe fix unless your BoP/BoE code design sucks, so stick it in now!
[right][snapback]81981[/snapback][/right]

That makes much more sense!
Arnulf,Jun 29 2005, 04:26 AM Wrote:I stand corrected. Still, I fail to see what the big deal about this change is.

Before: An undead rogue could pre-buff WOTF and then attack an alliance priest. The standard reaction for priests when attacked by rogues is to cast Psychic Scream, but the undead rogue would be immune to the fear, so the rogue wouldn't get feared and would likely take down the priest before the priest got to do anything.

After: 5 seconds isn't long enough to allow much of prebuffing. So, now, WOTF is more of an "after the person has already been feared thing. So, an undead rogue attacks an alliance priest, the priest casts Psychic Scream, the rogue runs a couple of steps, hits WOTF, turns around, and goes back to attacking the priest. This time gave the priest a chance to shield and maybe get a Flash Heal going. This doesn't mean that the priest wins, but it does give the priest a chance to survive.

I think the change is a good thing, but I just wish Blizzard would balance things by nerfing dwarf priests's Fear Ward. At least, make it last only, say, 30 seconds -- i.e. make it so that one has to cast it while in combat and can only buff one person -- rather than allow dwarf priests to prebuff a group of rogues and warriors during, say, a CTF match.
MongoJerry,Jun 28 2005, 05:35 PM Wrote:You didn't need line of sight, either.  I resurrected people using Mind Vision around various curves, hills, and corridors many a time.
[right][snapback]81936[/snapback][/right]

And what is Mind Vision? A way of establising LOS, even if it's someone elses :P

And I agree with your comments about out of combat ressers.... as someone who's done it once or twice it is an awkward mechanic, but it definatly makes things easier. Most of my guild doesn't like to release anyways, since they think they will be unable to loot.
I noticed a lot of people working on their Furlbog reputation in Felwood and Winterspring yesterday. After the patch, the Furlbogs are going to sell an enchanter recipe (bop, of course) that will give +agility to weapons. I also understand that there will be enchanter recipes for +str and +22 intellect and others, although the reports seem to be mixed about where you get those -- some say Thorium Brotherhood faction, some say with Argent Dawn faction.

By the way, I'm never going to try to get reputation by soloing again. I killed furlbogs in Felwood yesterday for a couple hours with a 5-8 man group. It turns out that you get the same faction, whether you are solo or in a group. That is, the faction boost doesn't get split among the partymembers. The only hitch is that you have to "get the tap" by damaging each of the furlbogs in some way. Healing and other such passive skills don't do anything, so I had to make sure to wand or SW:Pain all the furlbogs as we went around. I went from barely Unfriendly to Neutral in a couple hours. That would've taken me days if I had tried to do that solo.
This was posted by a person on the Offender's guild forums. Apparently, there are some skills/spells that people can pick up in BWL, according to the MPQ's:

Quote:Warlock--

Blessing of the Black Book

Empowers your pet, increasing pet damage by 100% and increasing pet armor by 100%. This spell will only affect an Imp, Succubus, Voidwalker, or Felhunter.

Hunter ---

Arcane Infused

Infuses you with Arcane energy, causing your next Arcane Shot fired within 10 seconds to detonate at the target. The Arcane Detonation will deal 185 - 215 damage to enemies near the target.

Mage ----

Mind Quickening

Quickens the mind, increasing the Mage's casting speed by 25% for 20 seconds.

Druid ---
Metamorphosis Rune

Decreases the mana cost of all Druid shapeshifting forms by -100% for 20 seconds.

Priest ---

Gift of Life

Heals yourself for 15% of your maximum health, and increases your maximum health by 15% for 20 sec.

Rogue ---

Increases the chance to apply Rogue poisons to your target by 30% for 20 seconds.

Paladin ---

Blinding Light

Energizes a Paladin with light, increasing melee attack and spell casting speed by 25% for 20 seconds.

Shaman ---

Nature Aligned

Aligns the Shaman with nature, increasing spell damage by 20%, improving heal effects by 20%, and increasing mana cost of spells by 20%.

Warrior ---

Aegis of Preservation

Increases armor by 500, and heals 35 damage every time you take ranged or melee damage for 20 seconds.
Here's an interesting quote from Eyonix regarding the upcoming addition of the Darkmoon Faire:

Quote:At the beginning of each month, the Darkmoon NPC’s will begin setting up their tents in either Mulgore or Elwynn Forrest. The setup process takes a few days, after which the faire will be active for players to visit. The Darmoon Faire lasts for a week before leaving town. It changes locations between Mulgore and Elwynn Forrest each month.

The Darkmoon Faire NPC’s are available for all players to interact with regardless of their location. However, Horde players and NPC’s may not be as happy to see the Alliance wandering through Mulgore, and vise versa.

If this faire is a significant enough item that level 60's will want to interact with it, having only one faire up at a time will make things very interesting on PvP servers with Alliance folks traveling to Mulgore and Horde folks traveling to Elwynn Forest on occation.