UBRS - The General
Tal,Jun 21 2005, 10:03 AM Wrote:Actually given no worries of CC a tank paladin (like Sharanna) can hold single target aggro very well. My first run against general I was in charge of tanking the left guard in a corner while another warrior tanked the right in the other room with the rest of the group. My only problem was taking damage too quickly but I survived. Against the general I got conflagged too much to survive the encounter with my healer healing the MT.

I'm willing to try off tanking the second general on one of these runs. :)
Please drop my Lightforge Mr. General :(
[right][snapback]81187[/snapback][/right]

Can't conflag be dispelled? I thought it could.

The guard's aren't bad to tank. Most parties I've been with through UBRS had only 1 or two warriors and paladins ended up tanking everything but the true bosses.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
KiloVictor,Jun 22 2005, 08:15 AM Wrote:Heh, it would, except we took one of those before the patch. I think it was only our second run against her actually.

Definitely a wakeup call for the raid. :)

Kv
[right][snapback]81279[/snapback][/right]

That's a Total Party Kill for the ages.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Icebird,Jun 21 2005, 04:46 PM Wrote:Give me enough time I could probably kill the guard solo.
[right][snapback]81220[/snapback][/right]

You can.

One note, use Howl of Terror when possible, as fear cannot be pre-buffed, but howl may stack atop fear.

-Ashgrak, 60 Orc 'lock elite dragonslayer since level 38 vs 41e Dragonkin in DWM and 43e Dragons in Badlands
Rinnhart,Jun 22 2005, 07:37 PM Wrote:Can't conflag be dispelled? I thought it could.
[right][snapback]81370[/snapback][/right]

Couldn't before. That would be nice if you could. I just resort to spamming flash heal :P

Rinnhart,Jun 22 2005, 07:37 PM Wrote:The guard's aren't bad to tank. Most parties I've been with through UBRS had only 1 or two warriors and paladins ended up tanking everything but the true bosses.[right][snapback]81370[/snapback][/right]

That's my experience before the patch too, rarely ever had 3 wars (one for each of the baddies). Had a rogue tank the first with evasion while we piled dps on it once, the guard dropped before evasion ran out.

Just for any warrior offtank, I was normally an OT healer and there was this one war that made my life incredibly easy. He'd offtank second guard (first being dealt with as above). First disarm, when disarm wears off, shield wall. By then the raid should've dropped the first guard. I think the best he ever did was I had to cast one renew and one flash heal before the two guards were done. Worked wonders.

Of course, this is all quite random and useless I'm sure because something's clearly different if the tried and true method isn't working anymore.