Increasing Reputation with the Darkspear Trolls?
I want the Troll's Raptor Mount for my Orc Shaman (currently level 26). How can I (quickly) increase my reputation with the Darkspear Trolls to the "Exalted" level?

To which NPC's do I need to talk, and which quests do they offer for that special purpose, especially for my level?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I believe this is one of the "NYI" aspects of the game; not yet implemented. There is no way as of yet to increase faction with them.

Similarly, you can kill Twilight's Hammer enemies all day and not see any faction standing. Just keep an eye on future developements.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Jun 21 2005, 05:47 PM Wrote:I believe this is one of the "NYI" aspects of the game; not yet implemented.  There is no way as of yet to increase faction with them.

Similarly, you can kill Twilight's Hammer enemies all day and not see any faction standing.  Just keep an eye on future developements.
[right][snapback]81175[/snapback][/right]
But how comes that my faction - as Orc Shaman - with the Darkspear Trolls is close to "Honored" at the moment (at Level 26), while the other reputations (Undead, Tauren) are still far behind that?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Actually, I believe if you do the orcish cloth turn in quests, you will get troll faction. Haven't actually done any though (too many alts need their first aid leveled)
Aren't the Darkspears the main playable Troll faction in the game? I would think its very possible to increase reputation with them.

I don't know the Horde quests at all, but there should be a Darkspeak cloth quartermaster, who accepts cloth donations for reputation. These are the Repeatable Reputation quests implemented in the last patch.

Chris
nobbie,Jun 21 2005, 09:54 AM Wrote:But how comes that my faction - as Orc Shaman - with the Darkspear Trolls is close to "Honored" at the moment (at Level 26), while the other reputations (Undead, Tauren) are still far behind that?
[right][snapback]81179[/snapback][/right]

Oh, the answer to this one is easy... most Orcish quests also give troll faction... watch your log when you complete one, or better yet if you are so concerned get one of those mods that puts numbers to your faction increases.
Woops! Sorry, for some reason I was thinking the Ravasaur trainer was a separate troll faction.

That's what I get for posting while taking a break from finals studying.
See you in Town,
-Z
oldmandennis,Jun 21 2005, 11:55 AM Wrote:Actually, I believe if you do the orcish cloth turn in quests, you will get troll faction.
Close, but no cigar. Ways to gain Darkspear reputation, in no particular order:

* Do troll quests--most quests you do for a troll will give you primarily Darkspear rep. Not all.
* Do other Horde quests--You'll get spillover rep for most general Horde quests until your Darkspear rep is half-past Honored.
* Turn in cloth--but there's a trick: there are two cloth quartermasters in Orgrimmar. You want the troll standing with the mage trainers, not the orc with the leatherworkers.
* Decapitate Night Elves--Turn Night Elf heads in to the troll in Frostwolf Keep for both Darkspear and Frostwolf rep.

Be aware that the latter two are not available at all levels. Unfortunately, I do not think that it is currently possible for a young orc to reach Exhaulted by lvl 40.
<span style="color:gray">[Hellscream]
Shriek---Darkspear Hunter[62]
Chant---Forsaken Priest[70]
Yelp---Sin'dorei Blood Knight[70]<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->
Thanks, I'll check that cloth quest at the Orgrimmar Troll first, as my main level 60 Undead Warrior should get the required stuff up to Runecloth very quickly.
Shriek,Jun 21 2005, 11:26 AM Wrote:Be aware that the latter two are not available at all levels.  Unfortunately, I do not think that it is currently possible for a young orc to reach Exhaulted by lvl 40.

I would go so far as to say that it is *impossible* to get Exaulted with the Darkspear Trolls before 40, unless you refused to level your character and had another character farm cloth for a very long time for him or her. Neriad has completed nearly all quests available to the Horde and is still only Honored with the trolls. I suggest that you plan on getting an undead mount at level 40 and concentrate on getting your rapter mount at level 60.
MongoJerry,Jun 23 2005, 06:11 PM Wrote:I would go so far as to say that it is *impossible* to get Exaulted with the Darkspear Trolls before 40, unless you refused to level your character and had another character farm cloth for a very long time for him or her.&nbsp; Neriad has completed nearly all quests available to the Horde and is still only Honored with the trolls.&nbsp; I suggest that you plan on getting an undead mount at level 40 and concentrate on getting your rapter mount at level 60.
[right][snapback]81413[/snapback][/right]

Since A Donation of Runecloth quest has a minimum level requirement of 60, it is impossible to use that to reach exalted at 40. The only other way, as someone said, would be to get Night Elf heads, but since you can only loot those in Alterac Valley, the earliest you could achieve Exalted would be at level 51.
I'm not sure at what level you get the Donation of Runecloth quests, but it is below 60. I have done them at level 54 at least. I don't know if it goes down to 40 though.
Xanthix,Jun 24 2005, 05:14 PM Wrote:I'm not sure at what level you get the Donation of Runecloth quests, but it is below 60. I have done them at level 54 at least. I don't know if it goes down to 40 though.
[right][snapback]81506[/snapback][/right]

Initially I was under impression that the first turn in was available at 50, but the repeatable quest was available only at 60, but you are right, it seems the repeatable quest has a minimum level of 50 as well. Still not below 40 however =\.
nobbie,Jun 21 2005, 12:44 PM Wrote:(quickly)[right][snapback]81173[/snapback][/right]

"Quickly" is impossible. Trust me, getting regular & epic racial/class mount will be challenge enough for your characters.

Besides that, troll raptors are bouncy. Really really bouncy. Not good for those with motion sickness...
nobbie,Jun 21 2005, 10:54 AM Wrote:But how comes that my faction - as Orc Shaman - with the Darkspear Trolls is close to "Honored" at the moment (at Level 26), while the other reputations (Undead, Tauren) are still far behind that?

Do make sure you do the Troll quests in Duotar in Shadowprey Village. Yeah, they'll be grey to you now, but you'll still get some faction from them and they'll be fast for you to complete.