CT_RaidAssist released
The new CT_Raid Assist has been released. I am leery of installing it though. I had been keeping it up to the current version on the downloads page. The last I had was 1.153. However, I found that I was being disconnected when I got invited to a raid. I removed it entirely. I then was able to be invited. I also noticed that I had almost no noticeable lag in battles. This may have been due to a smaller raid group, but I would tend to believe that some of it was because it was spamming the chat channel more and more as they added features. Raid groups do assume that everyone has it installed. Even so, I would like to hear some good reports before I do try it again.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Jun 22 2005, 09:01 PM Wrote:Even so, I would like to hear some good reports before I do try it again.
[right][snapback]81373[/snapback][/right]

Installed it last night, but didn't raid. So we'll see tonight.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Jun 23 2005, 07:30 AM Wrote:Installed it last night, but didn't raid.  So we'll see tonight.
[right][snapback]81400[/snapback][/right]

Ditto
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I've installed the newest version and I'm still getting the occasional error. Everything seems to be functioning correctly though, and I have a mod (part of cosmos I think) that supresses error popups and compiles them to a click viewable log.

I used it to run a raid last night and everything went smoothly. From buffup to loot distro Stath Baron took 57 minutes.
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-
LochnarITB,Jun 22 2005, 08:01 PM Wrote:The new CT_Raid Assist has been released.&nbsp; I am leery of installing it though.&nbsp; I had been keeping it up to the current version on the downloads page.&nbsp; The last I had was 1.153.&nbsp; However, I found that I was being disconnected when I got invited to a raid.&nbsp; I removed it entirely.&nbsp; I then was able to be invited.&nbsp; I also noticed that I had almost no noticeable lag in battles.&nbsp; This may have been due to a smaller raid group, but I would tend to believe that some of it was because it was spamming the chat channel more and more as they added features.&nbsp; Raid groups do assume that everyone has it installed.&nbsp; Even so, I would like to hear some good reports before I do try it again.
[right][snapback]81373[/snapback][/right]

Mixed reviews on it from me. I used it in UBRS last night and I had more little hiccups and stops than I did on the last UBRS raid where I wasn't running it. But I think it is improved.

Of course what was killing me last night and I don't know if it was CTRaid related or not, was that everything would stop for 1 to 3 seconds every time a rogue went into or came out of stealth or feinted or evaded. That has not happened to me before. With 2 rogues around that was really hurting me when I was in a position of needing to try and lock aggro on everything that wasn't CC'd. In some cases I ended up breaking and tanking things that could have been CC'd because I couldn't get off them and after you break it 2 or 3 times the mages will rightfully stop. So I really have no idea what was up with that because it's never happened before.

Other than that battle lag that I've seen in the past was not nearly as bad with this version as it was with other versions. The MT and MA targets didn't seem to be working right at all though so I was back to good old macros for that.

I had not issues with being dropped or getting any error messages or anything like that. But I did the delete the old one. Fire up game bring in some chars. Exit game, install new one, do some stuff, exit game, then play as normal.
---
Main Tank Targets seems to be broken if new versions of CTRaid are mixed with old versions. Upgrade, people! :P

Other than that, some buffs were showing, some weren't. But I think that's also a symptom of mixed versions playing together. What I want it there for the most - just general knowledge of the Raid's health state, it worked perfectly fine for.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Used 1.17 last night, no problems. Main Tanks and all.

The key to your delimma might be Cosmos... It's "kitchen sink" style often does not play well with others, in my experience.
oldmandennis,Jun 24 2005, 02:36 PM Wrote:Used 1.17 last night, no problems.&nbsp; Main Tanks and all.

The key to your delimma might be Cosmos... It's "kitchen sink" style often does not play well with others, in my experience.
[right][snapback]81529[/snapback][/right]

Hey now, I haven't used Cosmos since Sky came out. I set MTT myself and it worked fine for me, but messed it up for pre-1.17 people. They set it back, and I lost MTT.
We used 1.17 on a Basin UBRS raid Wednesday night. We managed to get everyone updated. It worked very, very well.

Here's to hoping for some stability and backwards compatibility for a while.
Well, I was able to try the new version (1.17) in LBRS last night. I was able to be invited without being booted. However, I did still notice more battle lag using it than without. The raid group was the same size and the only mod change was to add CTRaidAssist so it would seem that it is causing more lag. It is probably livable with groups of 15 but I did have a couple points where it was starting to slide show. I am curious how it will be with a 40 man raid. I would assume that the lag is chat spam from the program so it would have to be more intense with a larger group. I also noticed that several people were shown to be at version "< 1.077". I wonder if having everyone up to current would make any difference. It might even make it worse if the newer version is generating more traffic for more features.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I've actually been avoiding CT_Raid specifically because of lag concerns. That said; I considered it to be worthwhile to try it for Onyxia yesterday so I installed the latest version and off I went. Any lag during the battle was not enough to make any real difference. I think that at least in my specific case a larger part of any lag I experience at this point is due to Teamspeak traffic when I'm running my server. Granted I have all graphics options turned down to minimum but I don't think that CT_Raid was causing major issues yesterday.

- mjdoom
Stormrage:
Flyndar (60) - Dwarf Priest - Tailoring (300), Enchanting (300)
Minimagi (60) - Gnome Mage - Herbalism (300), Engineering (301)
Galreth (60) - Human Warrior - Blacksmithing (300), Alchemy (300); Critical Mass by name, Lurker in spirit
ArynWindborn (19) - Human Paladin - Mining/Engineering (121)
LochnarITB,Jun 25 2005, 06:45 PM Wrote:Well, I was able to try the new version (1.17) in LBRS last night.&nbsp; I was able to be invited without being booted.&nbsp; However, I did still notice more battle lag using it than without.&nbsp; The raid group was the same size and the only mod change was to add CTRaidAssist so it would seem that it is causing more lag.&nbsp; It is probably livable with groups of 15 but I did have a couple points where it was starting to slide show.&nbsp; I am curious how it will be with a 40 man raid.&nbsp; I would assume that the lag is chat spam from the program so it would have to be more intense with a larger group.&nbsp; I also noticed that several people were shown to be at version "< 1.077".&nbsp; I wonder if having everyone up to current would make any difference.&nbsp; It might even make it worse if the newer version is generating more traffic for more features.
[right][snapback]81666[/snapback][/right]

I think CTRaid works better when everyone has the same version. I think it would be a good idea for anyone using it to get the latest release version.
---