Ladder reset
Does anyone know when the ladder resets? Make things a lot more interesting when it does, as all the "uber" players will now suck, and will lose all muled items. Be nice to be on an even playing field for a while.
SetBuilder,Jun 29 2005, 02:44 PM Wrote:Does anyone know when the ladder resets? Make things a lot more interesting when it does, as all the "uber" players will now suck, and will lose all muled items. Be nice to be on an even playing field for a while.

I wish a ladder reset really ment an even playing ground. Once it resets it gets ridiculous within a few days, whether people are hacking or not. At the last ladder reset a real life friend of mine and I leveled a character to 84 within 2 and a half days. Once we had an 84, it was a matter of a week before we had 2 more 80+'s. At one point we ran up to 12th on the druid ladder, but after 90 the elemental druid fell to the wayside.

We switched over and started playing odd variants with our new characters and equipment, but it was back to the same old same old within a week.

The problem is there is a mad rush to Act5 Hell as soon as it resets (I swear you've never seen more Sorc's on Bnet then after a reset). An all sorc team can make quick work of questing, and kill baal in short order. Even without much MF, the drops from baal quickly topple the trade economy and drive down the worth of anything that isn't "uber".

As I said, I wish it didn't happen so fast, but everyone's figured out tricks of the trade by now and the even field is gone before you can even grasp it [In fairness, the race to the top is quick exhilarating :)].

The next reset doesn't appear to be coming anytime soon. And if my memory serves me correctly, the last reset took over a year in coming, so I wouldn't expect it in the near future.

Cheers,

Munk
SetBuilder,Jun 29 2005, 11:44 AM Wrote:Be nice to be on an even playing field for a while.
[right][snapback]82002[/snapback][/right]

You might give the Amazon Basin D2 community a look: Clicky. :)
There isn't going to be a ladder reset. The less people play LoD, the more people may or may not play WoW == +$$$.
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Brother Laz,Jul 5 2005, 04:20 AM Wrote:There isn't going to be a ladder reset. The less people play LoD, the more people may or may not play WoW == +$$$.
[right][snapback]82441[/snapback][/right]

If that's the case, why did they reset it this last september?
And when was WoW released, eh? :)
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Not to talk of the fact that ladder rankings mean nothing if baal bots win the prize within a few weeks of a reset. They will have to fix that issue first.

--T