Gambling Exceptionals Level Requirement
Basically, what I want to know is at what level you can gamble for exceptionals on classic (in case there's any difference between lod and classic). I've tried gambling for ages now, started gambling Long War Bows at level 49 and since then I've gambled about 60 of those bows with no luck getting a Gothic Bow. I'm level 51 now and it still seems like I still can't get them.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's in fact impossible to gamble for exceptionals on classic, but if i remember correctly I've gambled exceptional items before. All this is driving me nuts and I'm beginning to get new theories all the time...

A theory: I'm having a bad luck streak.
Another theory: You really can't gamble exceptionals on classic.
Yet another theory: You need to be 25 levels higher than the normal item's requirement.

What seems most reasonable is that I'm just too low level to get it and my real question is: What level do you need to be to gamble gothic bows, and what formula is behind it?

Edit after leveling to 60 and gambling a lot more: I'm really beginning to think that there's no way to gamble for exceptionals in classic. I will keep trying though, I have a new theory that would make the level requirement for gambling gothic bows level 60 and I just leveled up so I will try some more... Would still be nice if anyone had some info on this so I could get on with gambling rings and amulets instead :)
Grul,Jul 4 2005, 08:52 PM Wrote:Basically, what I want to know is at what level you can gamble for exceptionals on classic (in case there's any difference between lod and classic). I've tried gambling for ages now, started gambling Long War Bows at level 49 and since then I've gambled about 60 of those bows with no luck getting a Gothic Bow. I'm level 51 now and it still seems like I still can't get them.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's in fact impossible to gamble for exceptionals on classic, but if i remember correctly I've gambled exceptional items before. All this is driving me nuts and I'm beginning to get new theories all the time...

A theory: I'm having a bad luck streak.
Another theory: You really can't gamble exceptionals on classic.
Yet another theory: You need to be 25 levels higher than the normal item's requirement.

What seems most reasonable is that I'm just too low level to get it and my real question is: What level do you need to be to gamble gothic bows, and what formula is behind it?

Edit after leveling to 60 and gambling a lot more: I'm really beginning to think that there's no way to gamble for exceptionals in classic. I will keep trying though, I have a new theory that would make the level requirement for gambling gothic bows level 60 and I just leveled up so I will try some more... Would still be nice if anyone had some info on this so I could get on with gambling rings and amulets instead :)
[right][snapback]82428[/snapback][/right]

Classic you said? Well, long war bow is kinna high level, so...

I'm just guessing, but I'd say lvl63+ will give you the best chance, and in classic you MUST gambol for it in NM or Hell. With the bow type you're looking at, Hell would be better.
SetBuilder,Jul 8 2005, 01:22 AM Wrote:Classic you said? Well, long war bow is kinna high level, so...

I'm just guessing, but I'd say lvl63+ will give you the best chance, and in classic you MUST gambol for it in NM or Hell. With the bow type you're looking at, Hell would be better.
[right][snapback]82777[/snapback][/right]
Ahh, I love you :wub:

I was just beginning to lose hope that it was even possible to gamble for exceptionals in classic. Thanks alot :)
Quote:I was just beginning to lose hope that it was even possible to gamble for exceptionals in classic. Thanks alot :)

AFAIK there are no Exceptionals or Elites in Classic. You'll have to do it the hard way :P

good karma
Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Assur,Jul 8 2005, 12:26 PM Wrote:good karma

AFAIK there are no Exceptionals or Elites in Classic. You'll have to do it the hard way  :P
[right][snapback]82863[/snapback][/right]

There aren't any elites, and there aren't exceptional sets/uniques, but there are exceptional base items.
adeyke,Jul 8 2005, 11:29 AM Wrote:There aren't any elites, and there aren't exceptional sets/uniques, but there are exceptional base items.
[right][snapback]82865[/snapback][/right]

No exceptional uniques in classic? Are you sure? No runes, no jewels, but I thought there were uniques. I admit, it's been a long time since I played classic, but didn't I have some kind of Ethereal Unique Chaos armor with ungodly (then) defense around 1600 before getting expansion?
SetBuilder,Jul 9 2005, 12:01 AM Wrote:No exceptional uniques in classic? Are you sure? No runes, no jewels, but I thought there were uniques. I admit, it's been a long time since I played classic, but didn't I have some kind of Ethereal Unique Chaos armor with ungodly (then) defense around 1600 before getting expansion?
[right][snapback]82926[/snapback][/right]

I am sure.
adeyke,Jul 9 2005, 03:16 PM Wrote:I am sure.
[right][snapback]82943[/snapback][/right]
I am also sure of this :D

Anyway, with the luck I have I managed to get to level 63, then when I was just about to get on with gambling my life savings an Extra Strong Lightning Enchanted viper decides that I would make a nice meal and charges me. From 70% to 0% in less than an instant. Now my beloved amazon is resting in pieces and I'm still wondering whether it's possible or not to gamble for exceptionals in classic. :(
Grul,Jul 9 2005, 01:53 PM Wrote:I am also sure of this :D

Anyway, with the luck I have I managed to get to level 63, then when I was just about to get on with gambling my life savings an Extra Strong Lightning Enchanted viper decides that I would make a nice meal and charges me. From 70% to 0% in less than an instant. Now my beloved amazon is resting in pieces and I'm still wondering whether it's possible or not to gamble for exceptionals in classic. :(
[right][snapback]82956[/snapback][/right]

The answer is still yes. Go read the strategy guide, if nothing else.
SetBuilder,Jul 11 2005, 03:24 AM Wrote:The answer is still yes. Go read the strategy guide, if nothing else.
[right][snapback]83026[/snapback][/right]
Which would be "the" strategy guide you're referring to? Arreat Summit? If it is, let me remind you that very much of the information there is true only about the expansion pack and not classic Diablo II. If it isn't Arreat Summit then I'd like to know which guide you're referring to.

please :)
Grul,Jul 11 2005, 04:39 AM Wrote:Which would be "the" strategy guide you're referring to? Arreat Summit? If it is, let me remind you that very much of the information there is true only about the expansion pack and not classic Diablo II. If it isn't Arreat Summit then I'd like to know which guide you're referring to.
please :)
[right][snapback]83040[/snapback][/right]

No, the original strategy guide in book form written for Diablo2. Or even the d2 Expansion Strategy guide (sold with D2 Battle Chest) will tell you the details of gambling exceptionals in classic, as I recall.
SetBuilder,Jul 11 2005, 05:56 PM Wrote:No, the original strategy guide in book form written for Diablo2. Or even the d2 Expansion Strategy guide (sold with D2 Battle Chest) will tell you the details of gambling exceptionals in classic, as I recall.
[right][snapback]83150[/snapback][/right]

Yuck. Those guides make the AS look accurate by comparison.
adeyke,Jul 11 2005, 05:06 PM Wrote:Yuck.  Those guides make the AS look accurate by comparison.
[right][snapback]83153[/snapback][/right]

There are certainly inaccuracies, as they do not include patch changes. However, for gambling, the info is accurate with the exception of set and unique items.
Grul,Jul 5 2005, 04:52 AM Wrote:Basically, what I want to know is at what level you can gamble for exceptionals on classic...

- - - -
Anyone able to figure out if one can gamble for exceptionals on Classic Diablo II ? Tks!
w0qj,Aug 2 2005, 01:10 PM Wrote:- - - -
Anyone able to figure out if one can gamble for exceptionals on Classic Diablo II ? Tks!
[right][snapback]84895[/snapback][/right]

Did you read the thread?
Grul,Jul 5 2005, 04:52 AM Wrote:Basically, what I want to know is at what level you can gamble for exceptionals on classic ...

= = = =
Just answered your question:

You cannot gamble for Exceptional base items in Classic Diablo II:

http://web.archive.org/web/20000816000046/....shtml#gambling