What does +11 to healing spells mean?
Yesterday a cloak with the property of +11 to healing spells droped. I tried to equip it and check for changes on stats or spell descriptions, but could not find any. Anyone has some idea (appart from the obvious that it will enhance my healing spells in some way). Thanks for any answer.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Jarulf,Jul 7 2005, 06:41 AM Wrote:Yesterday a cloak with the property of +11 to healing spells droped. I tried to equip it and check for changes on stats or spell descriptions, but could not find any. Anyone has some idea (appart from the obvious that it will enhance my healing spells in some way). Thanks for any answer.
[right][snapback]82673[/snapback][/right]

Tooltips aren't updated by items at all to my knowledge. Your spells will do extra healing with that cloak equipped, but it won't always be +11. Spells only get bonuses relative to the casting time. The numbers have been mentioned elsewhere, but it's something like an instant cast will only get 35% (~4 for you) of the bonus, while spells of 3 seconds or longer get the full 100% (11 for you).

Alone these items might not seem that great, but combined +healing/damage really can add up.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
In addition to what he said, Heal over time spells will get the full bonus, but spread out over their full time.

In the case of the druid spell that is half HOT and half regular heal I have no idea.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quark,Jul 7 2005, 11:26 AM Wrote:Tooltips aren't updated by items at all to my knowledge.  Your spells will do extra healing with that cloak equipped, but it won't always be +11.  Spells only get bonuses relative to the casting time.  The numbers have been mentioned elsewhere, but it's something like an instant cast will only get 35% (~4 for you) of the bonus, while spells of 3 seconds or longer get the full 100% (11 for you).

Alone these items might not seem that great, but combined +healing/damage really can add up.
[right][snapback]82674[/snapback][/right]

actually I believe the +11 wording means it will give that for all spells. The wording of "up to xx" will add according to cast time.
Znassin - Lvl59 Troll Priest (almost there!Wink
Tichondrius Server
enthusiast,Jul 7 2005, 10:49 AM Wrote:actually I believe the +11 wording means it will give that for all spells.  The wording of "up to xx" will add according to cast time.
[right][snapback]82692[/snapback][/right]

+11 and up to 11 are the same modifier, simply worded in two different ways. All +damage effects care about casting time.
A spell has to have a casting time of 3.5 seconds or more to gain the full listed bonus from +spell damage or +healing. The casting time is calculated before any reductions due to talents.

As the casting time decreases, the bonus also scales downward to a minimum of 43% for 1.5 second and instant cast spells.

Heal over time and damage over time spells gain the maximum bonus, but the bonus is spread over each spell "tick".

Chris
Your healing spells gain a bonus, but it varies with every spell. Casting time is a rule of thumb that doesn't really have anything to do with it.

The bonus gained varies for every spell. Warlocks have charted the % bonus for their spells, and it clearly varies in a way that doesn't really have to do with spell cast time. Hellfire, a 15 second channeled cast, only gains 30%. Shadow bolt, a 3 second cast, only gain 85%, even though its the longest cast shadow spell. Others vary arbitrarily.

Just don't fool yourselves into thinking casting time has any real relevence to +healing or +dmg. It coincides a bit, but doesn't really scale or matter. Each spell gains a individual hard % from +healing or dmg.
Jarulf,Jul 7 2005, 03:41 AM Wrote:Yesterday a cloak with the property of +11 to healing spells droped. I tried to equip it and check for changes on stats or spell descriptions, but could not find any. Anyone has some idea (appart from the obvious that it will enhance my healing spells in some way). Thanks for any answer.
[right][snapback]82673[/snapback][/right]

Blizzard made a post about this on their Europe forums with some explanation of the system and examples.

http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.asp...p=1&tmp=1#post4

Note that items that add to "healing spells and effects" will boost more then healing spells. Healing potions and Crusader enchant heal are a couple examples of healing effects.
acidjax,Jul 8 2005, 12:29 AM Wrote:Note that items that add to "healing spells and effects" will boost more then healing spells.  Healing potions and Crusader enchant heal are a couple examples of healing effects.
[right][snapback]82802[/snapback][/right]

I've never gained additional healing from healthstones from equip. Cannot confirm lifesteal/crusader. Unsure about healing potions as well, but healthstones definitely do not gain from it.