The 'epic' Drakkisath run
Drasca,Jul 13 2005, 10:04 AM Wrote:I must say, I've tried fearing drakk's guards with and without suppression talent, and I must say suppression (up to 10% less resist) translates into almost never resisting fears and full duration fear. I'm essentially giving a level 63 fear with suppression. This also makes the difference in chain-fearing.

Ah well, you have your preferences in what leads to least deaths, I have mine. For me, a warlock with full suppression talent means those guards are fear-fodder and generally kept very far away from the healers.
[right][snapback]83348[/snapback][/right]

I agree that a full-suppression Warlock (like i've pretty much always been) should have no problem fearing. But I had atleast one time where i was resisted 5 times in a row even with full suppression. Needless to say he headed straight for a healer the whole time and the healer hit the floor. There have been other times, like last night where I have zero resists for the entire fight. This is why we now have a hunter pull the guard that's going to be chain feared. Then aggro is on the hunter, so if I get resisted I'm not being killed and have another clear chance at fear. Also when fear breaks he goes right back for the hunter, who being a ranged attacker is pretty stationary. Makes the guard very predictable and i can hit him on his path back and actually run at him as opposed to waiting for him to get in range. :shuriken:
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Arethor,Jul 12 2005, 08:38 AM Wrote:Another note, not only was it a pet taking the long path that did us in, but right as i was about to jump over the balcony i noticed the Flametongue and other dragonkin starting to materialize right under me.  Respawning right under our feet.  Talk about timing.
[right][snapback]83218[/snapback][/right]

I think that's why the pets took the long route, normally they jump right off the balcony when no mobs are there.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Arethor,Jul 13 2005, 07:32 AM Wrote:I agree that a full-suppression Warlock (like i've pretty much always been) should have no problem fearing.  But I had atleast one time where i was resisted 5 times in a row even with full suppression.  Needless to say he headed straight for a healer the whole time and the healer hit the floor.  There have been other times, like last night where I have zero resists for the entire fight.  This is why we now have a hunter pull the guard that's going to be chain feared.  Then aggro is on the hunter, so if I get resisted I'm not being killed and have another clear chance at fear.  Also when fear breaks he goes right back for the hunter, who being a ranged attacker is pretty stationary.  Makes the guard very predictable and i can hit him on his path back and actually run at him as opposed to waiting for him to get in range.  :shuriken:
[right][snapback]83351[/snapback][/right]

Remember as your first cast, drop CoS. That seems to help immensly with keeping the fear up.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Jul 13 2005, 03:03 PM Wrote:Remember as your first cast, drop CoS.  That seems to help immensly with keeping the fear up.
[right][snapback]83374[/snapback][/right]

I had CoS up too. Guess it just wasn't my night. :blush:
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
I found the same thing Drasca. I used the Patch respec to go 30 Demonology / 21 Destruction and I think I'll miss Suppression when fearing those dragons.

Chris