Blackwing Lair
Disclaimer: I don't play WoW, for this and similar other reasons.

'Blue' says Blackwing Lair bugged

· Most or all of the bosses are not using their abilities, allowing people to plough through the encounter with the proverbial normal attack.
· The gate past boss #2 is supposed to be broken, intentionally or not; occasionally it isn't, but anyone proceeding past it is subject to being banned.
· One GM ignored this and let the raid pass through anyway, yet on other raids he didn't. Self-reflection 'ftw'. Uber loot dropped for this former raid; we'll see if they get the ban boot for 'exploiting bugs' or not.
· How the hell anyone is supposed to know that the area is off limits without reading the Blizzard forums is something entirely else.
· Ungodly lag and other bugs in Blackwing Lair makes it unplayable on some servers.

To summarise, they release an area where the boss AI isn't working, mobs fall through the floor et al; they purposely break the gate to prevent people from farming the far too easy instance, but fail to follow up with bans or actually communicating to their GMs that the zone is off limits; in any case, trespassers are not shot anyway and proceed to AH their items to other people.

I know when I released my latest mod, I was ashamed of every bug I could have caught but hadn't, and in case of game-breaking bugs, fixed them as soon as possible, 99% of them during the beta test.

Perhaps I should have said 'Baal not using the proper skills? Okay, then don't go to Baal. Baal's boss packs not spawning most of the time? Whatever, will fix it when I feel like it. Charge-lock by gloom bats? Whatever, get Glacial Nova or skip them. Also, Bloodskin Darkbow is too easy for its treasure class, so I hereby declare it off limits and will change itemstatcost.txt next patch to corrupt any characters with items dropped by BSDB. Oh and I seem to have broken Shadowform somewhere along the way, so don't invest in it until I feel like fixing it. No, you won't get your points back. Also, you complained that Avatar was overpowered, so I've nerfed it to 2 damage per second so I don't have to test it... now continue playing and tell everyone how awesome this mod is kthx'

Hey, if Blizzard can get away with it...
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
I understand that WoW patches must be extremely difficult to completely test, due to their size and complexity. But sometimes you do wonder if Blizz even loads the game and logs in after coding some patches, with them working the way they do. Every patch it seems like some fundamental class ability is broken in a very obvious way. Like the warlocks' "soul shards overwriting inventory items" thing.

Oh well, if it's that difficult to patch a giant MMO codebase, I guess I'm glad that I'm a small-time programmer!