Uldum Moonwell Dancers thread
Cyradis,Oct 18 2005, 10:32 AM Wrote:Here is some good stuff I found for our next ZG try.
http://eliteorder.info/forum/index.php?topic=80.new

Color me amused... Some of the info there is from the Basin ZG raid rules and strategies thread that I wrote.

(Edited: send me a PM or start a general thread here or on the Basin if you'd like any suggestions on ZG strategies!)

Tuftears,Oct 18 2005, 10:06 AM Wrote:Color me amused...  Some of the info there is from the Basin ZG raid rules and strategies thread that I wrote.

(Edited: send me a PM or start a general thread here or on the Basin if you'd like any suggestions on ZG strategies!)
[right][snapback]92540[/snapback][/right]

Hey, those things on there are great! Much easier to read than the stuff I pulled up, tyvm! :w00t:

Maybe with all the people dinging 60 we'll be holding another run (plus a few good friends likely) fairly soon.

Thanks Tuftears!
Cyradis,Oct 18 2005, 02:11 PM Wrote:Hey, those things on there are great! Much easier to read than the stuff I pulled up, tyvm!  :w00t:

Maybe with all the people dinging 60 we'll be holding another run (plus a few good friends likely) fairly soon.

Thanks Tuftears!
[right][snapback]92549[/snapback][/right]

Cyr, this forum and the basin are *full* of strats and stuff, you just have to look around! :P
--Mav
Mavfin,Oct 18 2005, 12:58 PM Wrote:Cyr, this forum and the basin are *full* of strats and stuff, you just have to look around!  :P
[right][snapback]92560[/snapback][/right]

Hmph... I guess I need to go find those more... but why weren't you guys looking at all that when we were having trouble in places!

Leave the blonde to look blonde before you go smirking smugly behind your computers...

:whistling:
This is the CT Raid Assist I keep talking about:

[Image: ctra4bl.th.jpg]

http://www.ctmod.net/
[Image: Awolfscry.jpg]
Mavfin,Jul 14 2005, 12:06 PM Wrote:This is for Mav's (Keshi in guild) guild on Uldum to post in.  Or other Lurkers from Uldum Alliance if any exist. 

Trash posts will be deleted.  :shuriken:  :shuriken:

You guys are welcome to make new threads and post here, just label threads Uldum or MD, so the guildies can find them in among the others.

NOTE: Please to to http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...topic=6771

and join the discussion!!
[right][snapback]83465[/snapback][/right]

The expansion is going to include a level cap increase (I have mixed feelings on this, a bit annoyed, but it will likely be fun once I see it), and it's coming in about 6months.

I would really like us to try just a little harder to get bigger raids going, not zooming, but such that when the expansion is here, we have seen ZG to the end, and more of MC. It seems a shame for us to miss out the current challanges when new things are brought, that's why I'm thinking this. Lemme know your ideas on this.

-Cyr
Here are some screenshots from my first Ragnaros run :blush:

[Image: ragnarosroar6ja.th.jpg]

[Image: deadragnaros23rc.th.jpg]

[Image: deadragnaros9rh.th.jpg]

No druid drops today but oh well
Mavfin,Jul 14 2005, 12:06 PM Wrote:This is for the Moonwell Dancers guild on Uldum to post in.  Or other Lurkers from Uldum Alliance if any exist. 

You guys are welcome to make new threads and post here, just label threads Uldum or MD, so the guildies can find them in among the others.

Here is some just good stuff... and the link someone posted on the Uldum forum on ZG (which i think came from here, lol)

http://lapetina.us/website/wow/group101.htm

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/wow/forums/i...?showtopic=7566

Anyway... time to get cheetoes for the Pot Luck :D (Too lazy to cook real food :P)

And we're going to try ZG tonight, if we have the people. If someone can cook up a Flask of Ubermana or two for the priests, that owuld be great :)
Mavfin,Jul 14 2005, 12:06 PM Wrote:This is for the Moonwell Dancers guild on Uldum to post in.  Or other Lurkers from Uldum Alliance if any exist. 

We got Venoxis, Jeklik, and Mandokir all in 1 shot :D Trying Marli now, I think we'll get her next week!

Yayyyyyy! :w00t:
Awolfscry,Sep 18 2005, 01:25 PM Wrote:I played around with the Dressing room for a while and I came up with...

[Image: felheart5mc.jpg]

[Image: lawbringer3wa.jpg]
[right][snapback]89560[/snapback][/right]

lol so that's what you were doign when you told me to link you my Lawbringer
I accidently deleted my Hakkar photos while getting rid of some old stuff :(
[Image: Awolfscry.jpg]
Trying to piece together a strategy from our experience, suggestions on the web and a couple ideas. Not a final strategy, just a different angle for experimentation.

Thekal

Phase 1
GENERAL KEYS
We have this down pretty well I think, so no reason to hash it too much.
- Have to kill all three at the same time. Use 'V' to toggle health bars on. AOE when all three are down to almost nothing.
- Stop the priestesses heals
- Have two tanks on the rogue since he will gouge/blind
- Minimize mana use as much as possible (save for 2nd phase)

Phase 2
- All players except two MTs and rogues should be at MAX range to attempt to avoid the mass AOE knockback which does significant damage.
- We should have 4 groups
1) MT Groups - 2MTs, 4 supporting healers (2 priests, 1 druid, 1 pally) - 2 MTs will hold Thekal and put their backs to a cage to try keep from being knocked back. Druid and one priest should keep HOTs up consistantly. Other than that, everyone should be doing big heals. There will be two MT groups, but all 4 healers should be healing both MTs.
2) Raid healers - Remaining healers - These healers should be even further from Thekal and out of range of the MTs. Their responsibility is keeping the rest of the raid alive. Since they are out of range they shouldn't have to deal with knockbacks or taking dmg. We should have our druids here, since they can use quick HOTs to get everyone regenerating after knockback. These healers are also backups for the MT healers if they die or run out of mana.
3) Tiger adds - This group should deal with the tiger adds. It seems that Thekal doesn't have enormous amounts of health. We should try to toy with (not take time to kill) the tiger adds while we full out dps Thekal. Have one pally dedicated to grabbing the tiger adds and pulling them out of range of the knockback AOE. Have them keep just enough agro to keep them off the healers. Then have one warlock who is dedicated to fearing them around. Warlock fear lasts a long time and only takes 1.5 seconds to cast. When the tigers come back to the pallies, just redo the fear. If the pally takes dmg, they can heal themselves.
4) DPS and mana drain. One hunter and a lock should be doing mana drain. Other than that, we should focus on dps'ing Thekal down as fast as possible, without getting agro of course. We should continue to see if we can find a way to keep out of his AOE knockback, but so far it looks like the range is wider than our firing range. Try to keep testing the maximum range throughout the fight.

- Anyone who is oom or heavily wounded should back out of the AOE range, bandage and rest up until they are ready to jump back in. Bandaging saves valuable healing mana. After AOE knockback, you should be out of range of further ones. This is a great time to bandage before running back in.

GROUP 1
Warrior (1)
Priest (1)
Druid (1)
Rogue (4)

Group 2
Warrior (1)
Priest (1)
Pally (1)
Rogue (4)

Group 3
Priest (2)
Druid (2)
Mage (4)
Hunter (4) + mana drain
Warlock (4) + mana drain

Group 4
Pally (2)
Druid (2)
Mage (4)
Mage (4)
Hunter (4)

Group 5
Pally (3)
Warlock (3)

Frizz,Jan 18 2006, 02:50 PM Wrote:Trying to piece together a strategy from our experience, suggestions on the web and a couple ideas.  Not a final strategy, just a different angle for experimentation.

Thekal

Phase 1
GENERAL KEYS
-  Have to kill all three at the same time.  Use 'V' to toggle health bars on.  AOE when all three are down to almost nothing.
-  Stop the priestesses heals
-  Have two tanks on the rogue since he will gouge/blind
-  Minimize mana use as much as possible (save for 2nd phase)

Phase 2
-  All players except two MTs and rogues should be at MAX range to attempt to avoid the mass AOE knockback which does significant damage.
-  We should have 4 groups
1) MT Groups - 2MTs, 4 supporting healers (2 priests, 1 druid, 1 pally)  - 2 MTs will hold Thekal and put their backs to a cage to try keep from being knocked back.  Druid and one priest should keep HOTs up consistantly.  Other than that, everyone should be doing big heals.  There will be two MT groups, but all 4 healers should be healing both MTs.
2) Raid healers - Remaining healers - These healers should be even further from Thekal and out of range of the MTs.  Their responsibility is keeping the rest of the raid alive.  Since they are out of range they shouldn't have to deal with knockbacks or taking dmg.  We should have our druids here, since they can use quick HOTs to get everyone regenerating after knockback.  These healers are also backups for the MT healers if they die or run out of mana.
3)  Tiger adds - This group should deal with the tiger adds.  It seems that Thekal doesn't have enormous amounts of health.  We should try to toy with (not take time to kill) the tiger adds while we full out dps Thekal.    Have one pally dedicated to grabbing the tiger adds and pulling them out of range of the knockback AOE.  Have them keep just enough agro to keep them off the healers.  Then have one warlock who is dedicated to fearing them around.  Warlock fear lasts a long time and only takes 1.5 seconds to cast.  When the tigers come back to the pallies, just redo the fear.  If the pally takes dmg, they can heal themselves.
4) DPS and mana drain.  One hunter and a lock should be doing mana drain.  Other than that, we should focus on dps'ing Thekal down as fast as possible, without getting agro of course.  We should continue to see if we can find a way to keep out of his AOE knockback, but so far it looks like the range is wider than our firing range.  Try to keep testing the maximum range throughout the fight.

- Anyone who is oom or heavily wounded should back out of the AOE range, bandage and rest up until they are ready to jump back in.  Bandaging saves valuable healing mana.  After AOE knockback, you should be out of range of further ones.  This is a great time to bandage before running back in.

GROUP 1
Warrior (1)
Priest (1)
Druid (1)
Rogue (4)

Group 2
Warrior (1)
Priest (1)
Pally (1)
Rogue (4)

Group 3
Priest (2)
Druid (2)
Mage (4)
Hunter (4) + mana drain
Warlock (4) + mana drain

Group 4
Pally (2)
Druid (2)
Mage (4)
Mage (4)
Hunter (4)

Group 5
Pally (3)
Warlock (3)
[right][snapback]99603[/snapback][/right]

I was looking at what the voodoo dolls needed, and how to get those...

We need to go into the Edge of Madness, and there is a tablet that lets 300 alchemists learn how to make Gurubashi Mojo Madness, something like that. It takes 1 blood of heros from plaguelands, 1 black lotus, 1 massive mojo (bank has 2), and 6 powerful mojo (bank has around 25-30). Then it's used to Extinguish the Brazier of Madness in the Edge of Madness zone... and 1 of 4 summonable bosses comes out: Gri'lek, Renataki, Wushoolay, or Hazza'rah. Some seem pretty darn tough, others not too bad, but all do-able.

The voodoo dolls need a piece from each of these bosses, and the bosses drop 1-3 each kill, and a nice blue.

I'm pretty sure you can only do one summonable boss per run, cause the brazier will be extinguished afterward :(

If we got one of each boss, different each week, it will take us a min of 4 weeks to get people the trinkets from the voodoo dolls... which are wicked cool I must say.

I think that we should ask people if they'd get use of the trinkets (most are "on use" items, some people prefer passive) and find one person to get a trinket. The trinkets are parts of the class sets from the quests, so having thse would also help get the set bonuses, first at 2 pieces. We won't be able to get enough pieces if we always roll, that's why I think we should have one person at first to get it, and a secondary person for spare pieces if they drop.

The blues these guys drop is quite nice: wand with mana regen, tiki room bow, +heal/mana dagger, tanking sword, a bunch of cool stuff. I think it was sually weapons too.

Here are links to different class trinkets.

Warlock- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19957

Hunter- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19953

Rogue- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19954

Druid- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19955

Priest- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19958

Paladin- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19952

Warrior- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19951

Mage- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19959

Also, these do not require reputation to create.

The voodoo dolls are also used in enchants, but I think we might get best use of those by getting trinkets, although they're the easy part to get, and can be fond on AH for like 20gp. The enchants are pretty wicked too ;)

Tiger stuff looks good, I think we'll get him soon. Also due for a nerf, along with one for Mar'li and Arlokk. And the trash mobs go down, rep-value up.

oh yeah, I ban Frizzy cause..... she beat me to writing strat ideas :P
I was thinking exactly the same for the trinkets. Maybe everyone who is there rolls the first time. If they win, they get first priority on the drops until they have their four. Then when a duplicate drops (or if multiple drops) a second roll is done and that person has second priority, etc. We could also say the first voodoo doll found for the instance each weekend is saved for the potion?.

Possible courses...
Sat - Jeklik, Venoxis, Spider, Edge of Madness (get recipe)
Sun - Bloodlord, Thekal, Arlok, Edge of Madness (hopefully first turn in)

OR

Sat - Jeklik, Venoxis, Thekal, Edge of Madness (get recipe)
Sun - Bloodlord, Spider, Arlok, Edge of Madness (hopefully first turn in)

Plan B might be fun in that it give us good wins and good practice on both days.
Frizz,Jan 18 2006, 02:50 PM Wrote:Trying to piece together a strategy from our experience, suggestions on the web and a couple ideas.  Not a final strategy, just a different angle for experimentation.

Thekal

Phase 1
GENERAL KEYS
-  Have to kill all three at the same time.  Use 'V' to toggle health bars on.  AOE when all three are down to almost nothing.
-  Stop the priestesses heals
-  Have two tanks on the rogue since he will gouge/blind
-  Minimize mana use as much as possible (save for 2nd phase)

Phase 2
-  All players except two MTs and rogues should be at MAX range to attempt to avoid the mass AOE knockback which does significant damage.
-  We should have 4 groups
1) MT Groups - 2MTs, 4 supporting healers (2 priests, 1 druid, 1 pally)  - 2 MTs will hold Thekal and put their backs to a cage to try keep from being knocked back.  Druid and one priest should keep HOTs up consistantly.  Other than that, everyone should be doing big heals.  There will be two MT groups, but all 4 healers should be healing both MTs.
2) Raid healers - Remaining healers - These healers should be even further from Thekal and out of range of the MTs.  Their responsibility is keeping the rest of the raid alive.  Since they are out of range they shouldn't have to deal with knockbacks or taking dmg.  We should have our druids here, since they can use quick HOTs to get everyone regenerating after knockback.  These healers are also backups for the MT healers if they die or run out of mana.
3)  Tiger adds - This group should deal with the tiger adds.  It seems that Thekal doesn't have enormous amounts of health.  We should try to toy with (not take time to kill) the tiger adds while we full out dps Thekal.    Have one pally dedicated to grabbing the tiger adds and pulling them out of range of the knockback AOE.  Have them keep just enough agro to keep them off the healers.  Then have one warlock who is dedicated to fearing them around.  Warlock fear lasts a long time and only takes 1.5 seconds to cast.  When the tigers come back to the pallies, just redo the fear.  If the pally takes dmg, they can heal themselves.
4) DPS and mana drain.  One hunter and a lock should be doing mana drain.  Other than that, we should focus on dps'ing Thekal down as fast as possible, without getting agro of course.  We should continue to see if we can find a way to keep out of his AOE knockback, but so far it looks like the range is wider than our firing range.  Try to keep testing the maximum range throughout the fight.

- Anyone who is oom or heavily wounded should back out of the AOE range, bandage and rest up until they are ready to jump back in.  Bandaging saves valuable healing mana.  After AOE knockback, you should be out of range of further ones.  This is a great time to bandage before running back in.

GROUP 1
Warrior (1)
Priest (1)
Druid (1)
Rogue (4)

Group 2
Warrior (1)
Priest (1)
Pally (1)
Rogue (4)

Group 3
Priest (2)
Druid (2)
Mage (4)
Hunter (4) + mana drain
Warlock (4) + mana drain

Group 4
Pally (2)
Druid (2)
Mage (4)
Mage (4)
Hunter (4)

Group 5
Pally (3)
Warlock (3)
[right][snapback]99603[/snapback][/right]

Seems pretty good, although I noticed that some of the trinkets would likely get more useage than others- the rogue one is a big topic on rogue forums, cause you can get some wicked b-stab combos and such, likely something similar with the hunter one- lets you get 2 aimed shots without a cooldown? Thats a ton of dmg potential. Some, like the warlock one don't seem as popular, 10% crit extra on shadowbolts for 20sec... seems like some would get more useage.

I think useage is big, if you aren't going to get useage of it, lets try to avoid rolling.

I'm a little biased on having the Bloodlord on Saturdays, cause I worry Hya is going to force us to go DO Something on Sundays and that would be the day the bow drops, lol. I'll just nag him a little more ;) And we should fit the fishing boss in when we can. Tons of fun, and not too bad of drops. Not awesome... but fun. And lets always bring a feral druid in case that staff drops, would be sad if there wasn't a feral druid for it, lol.

Once alchemists get the recipe, we'll need to find stuff for it... the Blood of heros we'll have to search for, and the black lotus has gone skyrocketing in prices. The bank has decent funds, but it's not reason to blow it all when prices can change, lol. Massive mojo drops on bosses, we've gotten one that I know of, and the bank bought another on AH for 3gp. Not a guarenteed drop, and it's white quality, so we should make sure if someone gets it that they know we need it, so don't sell.

I'll be trying to check the points and website stuff after class, I just have a 10min break right now from 3 hours of physics... ugh. Most boring class ever. At least Linear Algebra has a good teacher this time, even if the math sucks. /sigh

I ban my physics professor for making me wanna sleep in class.... /yawn :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

cya soon
Cyradis,Jan 24 2006, 03:41 PM Wrote:I was looking at what the voodoo dolls needed, and how to get those...

We need to go into the Edge of Madness, and there is a tablet that lets 300 alchemists learn how to make Gurubashi Mojo Madness, something like that. It takes 1 blood of heros from plaguelands, 1 black lotus, 1 massive mojo (bank has 2), and 6 powerful mojo (bank has around 25-30). Then it's used to Extinguish the Brazier of Madness in the Edge of Madness zone... and 1 of 4 summonable bosses comes out: Gri'lek, Renataki, Wushoolay, or Hazza'rah. Some seem pretty darn tough, others not too bad, but all do-able.

The voodoo dolls need a piece from each of these bosses, and the bosses drop 1-3 each kill, and a nice blue.

I'm pretty sure you can only do one summonable boss per run, cause the brazier will be extinguished afterward  :(

If we got one of each boss, different each week, it will take us a min of 4 weeks to get people the trinkets from the voodoo dolls... which are wicked cool I must say.

I think that we should ask people if they'd get use of the trinkets (most are "on use" items, some people prefer passive) and find one person to get a trinket. The trinkets are parts of the class sets from the quests, so having thse would also help get the set bonuses, first at 2 pieces. We won't be able to get enough pieces if we always roll, that's why I think we should have one person at first to get it, and a secondary person for spare pieces if they drop.

The blues these guys drop is quite nice: wand with mana regen, tiki room bow, +heal/mana dagger, tanking sword, a bunch of cool stuff. I think it was sually weapons too.

Here are links to different class trinkets.

Warlock- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19957

Hunter- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19953

Rogue- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19954

Druid- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19955

Priest- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19958

Paladin- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19952

Warrior- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19951

Mage- http://wow.allakhazam.com/item.html?witem=19959

Also, these do not require reputation to create.

The voodoo dolls are also used in enchants, but I think we might get best use of those by getting trinkets, although they're the easy part to get, and can be fond on AH for like 20gp. The enchants are pretty wicked too ;)

Tiger stuff looks good, I think we'll get him soon. Also due for a nerf, along with one for Mar'li and Arlokk. And the trash mobs go down, rep-value up.

oh yeah, I ban Frizzy cause.....  she beat me to writing strat ideas :P
[right][snapback]100037[/snapback][/right]

Here's a strat for Hazza'rah :)

The illusions are Undeads so pallys can do their instant cast Exorcism spells which can kill them in 1 shot to take them out. But the mages 's instant spells are more ideal for illusions.

Hazza'rah Strat:

-he deals shadow and nature damage
-has a mana burning chain attack
-cast AoE sleep (affects everyone) during which time he attacks someone (hadnt figured out yet how random is his choise)
-summons 3 Nightmare Illusions continuosly during the fight(u can see the ground around "bubbling"

fight:
keep all ppl in raid close to eachother, excpet healers (and ranged mana users) who should be apart from eachother, so they dont get mana-chained

as soon as illusions are spawned kill them, not only coz they deal massive damage, but also becoz he may cast sleep on everyone and illusions might kill ppl in 1 blow

the only problem with him may occur when he casts sleep and chooses someone to attack - ppl should have some healing pots ready to use when he wakes them up, coz all the healers will be sleeping, or use any kind of aggro control method they have. the MT should have enuff HP to sustain his attack untill raid wakes up.

my suggestion is also to the healers: dont be static, be aware of where he is, if u see illusions will spawn near u, move away (they are slow)

The illusions are Undeads so pallys can do their instant cast Exorcism spells which can kill them in 1 shot to take them out. But the mages 's instant spells are more ideal for illusions.

oh and something every IMPORTANT: every1 shoudl be on flat ground and not up on ledges casue when Hazza'rah decides to come for you and cant reahc you he will evade and goes back to 100% hp :(

Goodluck

Happy Founding Day! 2/9, we've been around for a year Noob to lvl 60 raiding!

I'll be at the Auberdine Moonwell Dancing, be sure to join :) Got Physics in the way, probably on around 7pm :blink:
I didn't want to mock Friz and Monk on the Uldum forum, but I'm bored and had to make these

http://wow.blupp.net/item.php?id=119106

http://wow.blupp.net/item.php?id=119140

2nd one has typos.. oh well

http://wow.blupp.net/item.php?id=119162

hehehehehehe

:shuriken: :shuriken: :shuriken:

:w00t:
http://wow.blupp.net/item.php?id=119302

I still can't believe you keep this equipped on all your characters. Even your level 60s!

:blink: :P :wub:
Frizz,Feb 10 2006, 02:14 PM Wrote:http://wow.blupp.net/item.php?id=119302

I still can't believe you keep this equipped on all your characters.  Even your level 60s!

:blink:  :P  :wub:
[right][snapback]101791[/snapback][/right]

Ahh! Hey, you have more blonde characters on Uldum than I do! Zam and Licious :P And Flibby thinks Licious is really pretty... she must be really blonde to get the attention of a gnome!

*I feel the wind between my ears....*

Imagine that to the tune of Wind beneath my wings..... so cheesy :P :lol: