3 at 30 in WoW?
Trying out a bit soloing in a few low level instances recently, I go to wonder if that is actually something people do? Some may ask why (of course) to which the obvious answer is "Because!"

So my question is, has anyone really got into soloing instances? ANd at what level can it really be done? If that is just too crazy, what about doing it in groups (from anything like the "duo" discussed in another thread to full groups of really low level.

Perhaps WoW doesn't lend itself to such low level play as Diablo did, but still, the question is why not? At least the early instances should not be too hard since one can get character up to level 20 (or even 30) it seems in a low time judging by Bolty and others :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
That's definitely possible. It just depends on your class. If you want to solo instances (with elite monsters) that are not too far away from you character's level, I'd recommend a Shaman. My twinked Orc Shaman, for example, was able to clear the whole outdoors area of the Alterac Ruins (elite Ogres from level 36 to 40) at level 36/37, incl. 1 elite add when it was inevitable. In instances, 1-3 elite adds are quite common, so I'd say that at level 36/37, she could have soloed any instance up to level 30. I personally however, prefer grinding non-instanced areas with elite monsters who are 1-2 levels lower or above my Shaman's level. The item drops from these elites are always around my level, and the experience comes as fast as if I would grind normal monsters at 200% experince bonus (after a resting time) because twinked Shamans can really pack a punch :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
The only instance soloing I have done, other than severely over-leveled blowouts, was to solo deadmines all the way through Van Cleef with my paladin. I don't remember what level he was, but I think the VC quest had just gone gray, whatever level that would be (30?). It can be done, but I would tend to believe it would have to be a self healing class to pull it off at a reasonable level.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I've soloed instances with my druid where the highest mob was the approximately the same level

You can't solo every fight but you can cherry-pick isolated bosses and quest mobs

A small group could certainly do non-grey instances. Most of the low level instances I've run the damage meters have showed at least one or two players contributing virtually nothing. Also we've been abandoned halfway through quite often and still finished the instance with 3 or 4 players

If you optimised for it I expect you could be under-levelled and still complete many instances. A good tank is the main requirement for a smooth instance run. (You need a healer too, but mostly healing is a very simple job, especially when your tank is good)
You might find this Basin Rogue's guide to solo instances of interest.

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/wow/forums/i...?showtopic=4338
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I've been able to solo instances with several classes, but it can either be harder, or easier depending on the class. Like Nobbie said, a Shaman is a pretty powerful class, and you could probably do it pretty close to your level.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I couldn't solo the Deadmines, or Shadowfang Keep with my priest until I was around 35. Those are both around 20+. But I could solo them with a Priest, so there's no reason why you can't do it with some other class that's a little less fragile.

Keep in mind, you're going to run out of options very quickly. The lower level instances like Deadmines, and Shadowfang Keep don't have many large groups of enemies, so it's easy to pull one or two off to make them easier to handle. When you start lookin at Razorfen, Uldaman, or even Gnomeregan to some extent, the groups of enemies start getting bigger. I'd say past level 40, or 45 it would be near impossible to solo most of the instances.

I don't even want to think about Mauradon or Sunken Temple. :blink:
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
I was able to take Celethirian, my hunter back to a portion of the Deadmines at level 25. It was not easy, and the going was slow. The big issues are your limited crowd control abilities while solo. I ended up attempting this, because I had somehow neglected to grab the Gnoam Sprecklesprocket the first time I had been with a fast moving group. I made it to the Mast room, and carefully cleared the gnomes. Sneed's shredder was a big challange and nearly wiped us (Felix and I) out, and when Sneed jumped out it was not too long and we died. I ended up tagging along in a pubbie group that made it to the mast room, then fell apart, so I got my quest done.

Anyway, I returned for laughs after level 30, and again at 44 and it was completely soloable at that point.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I never tried soloing any instances until I hit about 50-some, and that was to hit Scarlet Monastery for some extra cash/loot... this was long after the Doan drop sell price nerf, mainly just wanted to pick up the Hypnotic Blade since I was getting tired of the look of the Illusionary Rod. So just for the heck of it, decided to do a full clear of the Cathedral (stealth through the rest of it)... took me about 2 hours at the time. Other than that, I had not tried soloing any of the other instances when I was lower level. As a druid I'm more apt to sneak in and take out specific named targets (Maraudon Centaur Khans, Princess pre-1.3-buff, 6 trolls in Sunken Temple, Lord Incendius, Mother Smolderweb).
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.