You knew it was bound to happen sometime...
As with any good Blizzard game, it seems that the dupers have triumphed over the hapless programmers: Slashdot

I won't link directly to any instructions... I hope I'm not crossing the line already with the above link, but I figured this is something people should be aware of if they aren't already.

I've read some of the instructions and they sound reasonable. There is discussion over at the AB Forums that the Krul blade picture is likely a fake, but it seems that the gold duping is legit. Should be interesting to see how Blizzard responds to this and if/how it effects the economy.

Favorite quote from /.
Quote:China's unemployment rate raised 50% this morning due to this bug.
Personally, I found it to be somewhat of a comfort that this is a race condition. We probably would never see this if so many servers weren't unstable, and so many instances getting all screwed up.

No broken instances, no duped goods. *shrug*
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
The picture on SlashDot is photoshopped (really only noticeable if you uber zoom in on it)

I don't think item duping exists, and I think there is a 50/50 chance that gold duping exists.

::shrugs:: my 2 cents.
I had a wierd thing happen to me the other week when i was playin my priest.

I had just switched out a bunch of stuff between my bank and my travel bags, then i walked into deeprun tram, and it looked like i hadn't changed anything at all around. then when i got to the other side, and left deeprun, i had all the stuff that i switched around.

I was very wierded out, and didn't think to mention it until now. Item duping may exist in that respect. Hopefully blizzard takes sharp and timely notice of this little situation and does away with the problem.
Garrin

<span style="color:blue">Garrin - Lvl 60 Human Paladin - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Gasan - Lvl 14 Dwarf Priest - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Bladewhisper - Lvl 60 Rogue - Stormrage <Carpe Aurum>
<span style="color:red">Garrin - Lvl 25 Orc Warlock - Dethecus <Frost Wolves Legion>
Tigarius - Lvl 14 Tauren Warrior - Dethecus
Garrin - Lvl 13 Tauren Druid - Thunderhorn
Garrin,Jul 19 2005, 11:02 PM Wrote:I had a wierd thing happen to me the other week when i was playin my priest.

I had just switched out a bunch of stuff between my bank and my travel bags, then i walked into deeprun tram, and it looked like i hadn't changed anything at all around.&nbsp; then when i got to the other side, and left deeprun, i had all the stuff that i switched around.&nbsp;

I was very wierded out, and didn't think to mention it until now.&nbsp; Item duping may exist in that respect.&nbsp; Hopefully blizzard takes sharp and timely notice of this little situation and does away with the problem.
[right][snapback]83894[/snapback][/right]

I've had the deeprun tram do that to me since about the 3rd day after release (think that was the earliest I got on Deeprun in release :) ). The instance sever the tram is on seems to be way behind on updates from the item database. I've seen as much as 15 minutes of lag between stuff I've done with items in the bank or sold/bought and them showing up or new purchases/items I got out not showing up while in Deeprun. It always resets when I leave though.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
The Krol blade picture has already been posted in the "Gnomeregan forum" it is a fake , a guy on one of the chat channels showed the original picture of one blade , said hang on a couple of minutes , after only 4 minutes that second picture was the photoshopped result , then of course somebody released it saying it was real , guy who did it has already explained how it was done and how long it had taken .
Take care