Taranna is 60 now
So Taranna hit 60 today. She was the first alliance character I made in retail (she's about a week older than Gnolack, though Marn is about 2 weeks older than she is) and after many months and many alts, she hit 60. I wanted to get a couple of screenies of the event but only got this one. So I now have 2 capped chars that got there slowly, but surely.

I was a bit said that since I pushed her through to be able to help in Onyxia and some of the other high end stuff that Etheramwen didn't cap with her. Those two were created together to be played together and they were pretty much the whole way till about L56. Still have much fun with the crazy rogue/druid combo. We smacked Volchan around as a cap present. :)

I think I'll have more fun with her at 60 than I do with Gnolack. She isn't as gear dependent as he is, and well she can self heal as well as do more damage so farming and grinding will be a lot easier with her as well. I think her bear form is more DPS than he can do in battle stance with about the same damage reduction and cat form is much higher than bear for DPS. So you'll probably see me soloing with her a lot more than Gnolack if I'm going after stuff other than thorium. This is probably a good thing as Gnolack is the most fun in a 5 man group so I'm much more likely to do 5 man and quest runs with him and enjoy it, though if a healer is needed Taranna will be available as well.

I think Taranna will be easier to do a raid with. Since Gnolack isn't fully geared up yet, there are a lot better choices for MT than him out there. Since he is spec'd and geared to tank (I do have most of a 2nd set of solo/offensive gear) I still feel a bit "off" when I'm not MT with him and that I'm really not contributing much to the group since my DPS isn't that great and I'm not really soaking any damage or offering much protection to the core DPS people. There have even been raids where I was the MT (or even the only warrior in some cases) and I still didn't feel that I was really needed. There was either so much AoE or so much CC that you didn't really need a tank along. Part of this is just because a protection spec warrior still has issues and I don't really recommend a protection build for most people, you don't need it to tank well for most of the game, but Gnolack is protection spec no matter how gimped it may make him. Taranna can do more DPS in a raid than Gnolack can, she can offer CC in some instances, she brings the best buff in the game, she can help with secondary healing, off tanking, or a combat rez. I don't think I will ever get the feeling that I'm not contributing in a raid like I have with Gnolack. Of course since she really doesn't need much else in the way of equipment and Gnolack does, it's ironic that I think raids will be more fun with her. :)

But all in all, Taranna turning 60 is probably going to be a better deal than it was for Gnolack and I think it will help bring more fun back to the game to me and allow me to participate in some of the high end stuff and have more enjoyment, with either of my capped chars. Just taking a break from a char for a bit really can help me have more fun with them when I go back to them.

So anyway, that's just some thoughts from the silly gnome and the crazy druid, who are both 60 now. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Jul 22 2005, 04:59 AM Wrote:So Taranna hit 60 today.

Congratulations!!!!!
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Congrats =)
Congrats and welcome to the 2 @ 60 club :P
Take care
Squad Goofball always caps in Azshara! I love that!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Very very congrats, GG!
One day, the Champions of the Fierce Bunny will ride again...<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Congrats!

Alas, my druid was the first to hit L60, and I've been having so much fun with her that... well, I have no other characters. The class is just so versatile; I've spent a lot of time trying different things, just to see if I could. /played time at L60 is well over double the time I spent getting from 1 to 60...

Go forth, seasoned druid, and conquer all! See how many insane situations you can take on solo, which no other class could ever dream of (even if it does take an hour for you to kill something)!

-- another crazy druid
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Congrats on 60!
Its a nice achievement and I wish you the best in your endgame battles :)
[Image: 104024yQmrG.png][Image: 201194cOrXg.png]