macro help
I have a friend who plays a warlock and says she has trouble re-seducing things because she has to switch her target from the ones attacking to the seduced mob and back and forth. So we were talking about making a macro to help her. I gave it a shot, but I don't really know much about macros. I was thinking something like the following:

/assist PetNameHere
/script CastPetAction(#);

Which I figured would make her target be her pet's target and then cast seduce. For some reason it didn't work though. I don't know if that is because of a syntax problem or if my logic is wrong or what. It also occurs to me that it might be good to return her to her last target as well if possible. I think there is a command for that, but I've not looked it up since I just thought of that bit while typing this.

She tells me that the macro gave the error "unit not found" so my best guess is that the /assist PetNameHere part isn't able to find the pet. I don't really know enough to troubleshoot it though. Can somebody give me a hand here? Tell me what needs to be done to make such a macro work. Am I even close with what I threw together?
Reseduce macros don't work anymore because Castpetaction(#) doesn't work anymore.

The mod Servitude used to reseduce for you... so broken now.

There's a big listing of macros on the blizzard warlock forum if you want to take a gander.
Drasca,Jul 22 2005, 09:34 AM Wrote:Reseduce macros don't work anymore because Castpetaction(#) doesn't work anymore.
[right][snapback]84060[/snapback][/right]

Hmm well thats a bit of a pain. Still, one could make a button that does /assist PetNameHere and thus have a button that switches to their pet's target right? My friend would still have to hit the seduce button herself, but since the main thing she complains about is the targeting of the mob, the assist might be enough. I'll have her give it a try tonight.
swirly,Jul 22 2005, 07:12 PM Wrote:Hmm well thats a bit of a pain.  Still, one could make a button that does /assist PetNameHere and thus have a button that switches to their pet's target right?  My friend would still have to hit the seduce button herself, but since the main thing she complains about is the targeting of the mob, the assist might be enough.  I'll have her give it a try tonight.
[right][snapback]84074[/snapback][/right]

Untested, but I think something like this should work with the new unit IDs:

Code:
/target pettarget
or
/target playerpettarget
chippydip,Jul 22 2005, 03:07 PM Wrote:Untested, but I think something like this should work with the new unit IDs:

Code:
/target pettarget
or
/target playerpettarget
[right][snapback]84080[/snapback][/right]

Had my friend try your suggestion and the /assist PetNameHere thing. None of it worked. Ther error when trying the lines you gave was "unknown unit". So far we haven't found anything that works right. : (
This should work for assisting:
/script AssistUnit("pet");

This should work for targeting directly:
/script TargetUnit("pettarget");
swirly,Jul 22 2005, 04:09 PM Wrote:Had my friend try your suggestion and the /assist PetNameHere thing.  None of it worked.  Ther error when trying the lines you gave was "unknown unit".  So far we haven't found anything that works right. : (
[right][snapback]84084[/snapback][/right]

Slight change from what she first told me. A couple of hours after I told her about your suggestions and after she told me it was still doing the error, she then said that she thinks one of them works. So one may or may not work. Will need further testing. Will try the ones Xanthix posted as well if the others don't work.