I have this old Computer Gaming World magazine
I found this old CGW magazine in my closet. I figured you guys might get a kick out of reading the featured WoW article. It's almost 4 years old so I don't think I'll be getting the Lounge into any trouble.

My scanner is currently on the fritz, so I had to take pictures with my 2.0MP Kodak digicam. Sorry about that. The article is still readable though.

Click on the thumbnail to see the image, and click on the image to see it full-size.

[Image: 00009053fc.th.jpg]

[Image: 00009077uy.th.jpg]

[Image: 00009150xt.th.jpg]

[Image: 00009166uz.th.jpg]

[Image: 00009183pa.th.jpg]

[Image: 00009196ml.th.jpg]

[Image: 00009203zq.th.jpg]

[Image: 00009210vj.th.jpg]
I've seen a preview like this in one of my friend's old magazines - not this one, but one that showed parts of Westfall.

It's amazing to see how much changed, and how much remains the same - the Swamp of Sorrows and many other locations and character models are in there (I saw harvesters!) but many features are different - orc and human co-op is very hard under current conditions (though pre-honor system it wasn't unheard of even on a PvP server).

It's kinda cool to see how far things have come since the larval stages of the game.
Men fear death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children, is increased with tales, so is the other.

"Of Death" Sir Francis Bacon
It's amazing how little the game has changed in four years...just a testament to how truly difficult it is to build a MMORPG. It's not like Blizzard is a lightweight game developer, either.
Kind of related...

The poster/game preview that came with my WC2-Bnet Edition said WC3 was to have 5 playable races with the 5th being the Burning Legion. How cool would that have been...
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Here's another blast from the past...

My wife likes going into those goofy $1 stores... This one was a $5 store.

Walking around and seeing the usual...for lack of a better and appropriate term.... "junk," I noticed that there was a software section. And what did I find there?

Warcraft II, Bnet Edition - for $5!

So I was looking over the box, and took a real hard look at the screenshots on the box (one of those tiny little boxes). And I'm amazed at the words "my god... were the graphics really THAT bad?"

See how much I've been spoiled by the prettiness of WoW? But I would just about kill for a RTS that looks as good as WoW.

-Sax
Very nice, I like old magazine game previews :) You don't happen to have the ones for Diablo I and II, too?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller