Notice: Molten Core Raids
xpost from carpeaurum.com:

On Monday we had our first successful take down of a Molten Core boss, not too shabby considering it was only our second attempt. We hope to continue through MC in the weeks to come with the continued help of our friends and allies.

Moving through this zone presents some new twists to the way we distribute loot. For example, those who have already attended one of these, have noticed that we use a master looter and hold non-BoP items such as lava cores and core leather until the end of the raid. Starting with our next MC raid there will be one additional oddity added in. This concerns the award of the Tome of Tranquilizing Shot dropped by Lucifron.

Because we need hunters equipped with this to take down Magmadar (the next boss we encounter in MC), and because the Tranq Shot ability is really only useful against Magmadar anyway, the raid leadership will choose which hunter receives this item. We hope that our friends and allies can understand this as a necessary measure to ensure all of our success in continuing through this instance. By awarding it to the people we feel most likely to continue attending these raids, we make sure that tranq shot is available when we need it.

This will be mentioned again at the beginning of each raid so that no hunter hoping to win it will be taken by surprise. Hopefully this will not dissuade people from attending as there remain other very nice items that will continue to be distributed in the standard manner.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Hey, being a hunter of sound mind, that's fine with me. I know I can almost always make raids on Mondays and Thursdays, however, the rest of my schedule is funky. So if it went to another hunter that wasn't me, I'd be ok with it.

However, if/when we get to Majordomo, and we get his chest to spawn, I hope I have equal chance to get the Hunter item there. If not, no biggie. Like I said, I hope.

Whatever is best for everyone involved. :)
Pesmerga,Jul 29 2005, 04:27 PM Wrote:However, if/when we get to Majordomo, and we get his chest to spawn, I hope I have equal chance to get the Hunter item there.
[right][snapback]84609[/snapback][/right]

You mean the item that starts the hunter epic quest? Absolutely, that will fall under normal loot distribution rules. This only applies to the Tranq Shot, since we, as a group, will be needing to ensure we've got the Tranq Shots available at all times after next week.

There shouldn't be any surprises as to who's getting the next few Tomes, anyway. We were panicking Monday night because there were a couple of hunters in the mix who we knew we couldn't really depend on in the future, and we want to avoid that possibility.
Darian,Jul 29 2005, 03:35 PM Wrote:You mean the item that starts the hunter epic quest?  Absolutely, that will fall under normal loot distribution rules.  This only applies to the Tranq Shot, since we, as a group, will be needing to ensure we've got the Tranq Shots available at all times after next week.[right][snapback]84610[/snapback][/right]

Wooo, normal loot distribution rules.... who got the Tranq Shot from Luci last time anyways?
Pesmerga,Jul 29 2005, 04:36 PM Wrote:Wooo, normal loot distribution rules.... who got the Tranq Shot from Luci last time anyways?
[right][snapback]84611[/snapback][/right]

Cheetahz, from House Harpell. To which Starkos commented, "Don't worry, Darian; if he's not here for MC runs, he'll be in the hospital." ;D
Darian,Jul 29 2005, 03:35 PM Wrote:You mean the item that starts the hunter epic quest?  Absolutely, that will fall under normal loot distribution rules.
[right][snapback]84610[/snapback][/right]

Yesness, we all want a shot at getting a dried up leaf that shouldn't be able to hang around the heat of MC anyhow... ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
I'm only able to make Thursday MC raids, because Monday night is pen & paper RPG night with bun-bun and the gang.
Makes sense to me. We'll eventually get all the hunters to the point of getting it anyway. Since soon taking down Luci is going to be pretty quick and standard. Luci doesn't lock the instance does he? Can you just run to him, kill him leave and reset the instance and then run to him again?

Would it be possible for us to get several hunters done in one night is what I'm wondering.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Jul 30 2005, 05:03 PM Wrote:Makes sense to me.  We'll eventually get all the hunters to the point of getting it anyway.  Since soon taking down Luci is going to be pretty quick and standard.  Luci doesn't lock the instance does he?  Can you just run to him, kill him leave and reset the instance and then run to him again?

Would it be possible for us to get several hunters done in one night is what I'm wondering.
[right][snapback]84677[/snapback][/right]
Luci did lock the instance.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Jul 30 2005, 05:39 PM Wrote:Luci did lock the instance.
[right][snapback]84679[/snapback][/right]
Being new to instances that lock, could someone please explain what it actually means? Does it mean that the instance can't be entered again, for the lock period, so that it is game over if a wipe happens past the first boss. Does it mean that you can go back in but only the "trash" mobs will be there until you get to a boss that hadn't been defeated in that locked instance? Does it mean that players under that lock can only enter the instance with the raid leader that was in place when the first boss was killed? Or does it mean something else. Curious minds want to know.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Jul 30 2005, 07:39 PM Wrote:Being new to instances that lock, could someone please explain what it actually means?
[right][snapback]84684[/snapback][/right]

For Onyxia, it means that once you kill her, the instance remains empty until the lock expires. You can go in, there just won't be anything there.

For MC, it means that once you kill Lucifron, the instance is open until the lock expires, and any time you zone in again, it's the same instance you left. It's no different than another instance, except that you don't get reset just because everyone leaves.

However, in both cases, no matter what group you're in, you end up in the instance you're locked to.
Darian,Jul 30 2005, 09:15 PM Wrote:For MC, it means that once you kill Lucifron, the instance is open until the lock expires, and any time you zone in again, it's the same instance you left.  It's no different than another instance, except that you don't get reset just because everyone leaves.
[right][snapback]84686[/snapback][/right]
Do bosses such as Lucifron respawn, or only "trash"? Given that killing Onyxia leaves that instance empty, it would be my guess that bosses don't respawn, correct? Otherwise, couldn't a guild farm the instance bosses every X hours/days? That is what seems to me to be the intention of locking.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
LochnarITB,Jul 31 2005, 05:34 PM Wrote:Do bosses such as Lucifron respawn, or only "trash"?  Given that killing Onyxia leaves that instance empty, it would be my guess that bosses don't respawn, correct?  Otherwise, couldn't a guild farm the instance bosses every X hours/days?  That is what seems to me to be the intention of locking.
[right][snapback]84708[/snapback][/right]

Exactly. The lock serves two purposes. One, to allow people to make progress over more than one game session. Two, to prevent people from killing the same boss over and over again.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
LochnarITB,Jul 31 2005, 05:34 PM Wrote:Do bosses such as Lucifron respawn, or only "trash"?
[right][snapback]84708[/snapback][/right]

In addition to what Quark clarified, there's at least one special case in MC; once Magmadar is dead, the roaming core hounds stop respawning as well.
Darian,Jul 31 2005, 03:22 PM Wrote:In addition to what Quark clarified, there's at least one special case in MC; once Magmadar is dead, the roaming core hounds stop respawning as well.
[right][snapback]84712[/snapback][/right]

There's also a boss that stops the spawning of those annoying speedsters that like to knock everyone flying... ;)
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Aug 2 2005, 02:36 PM Wrote:There's also a boss that stops the spawning of those annoying speedsters that like to knock everyone flying...  ;)
[right][snapback]84920[/snapback][/right]

I like them! Last week I happened to have holy shield activated when it hit me and I blocked it without being knocked back. I felt so powerful. :D

And before anyone says it.

Nerf pallies. :w00t:
Tal,Aug 2 2005, 01:43 PM Wrote:Nerf pallies.  :w00t:
[right][snapback]84922[/snapback][/right]

Nah, just nerf Tal.
Pesmerga,Aug 2 2005, 02:49 PM Wrote:Nah, just nerf Tal.
[right][snapback]84923[/snapback][/right]
Excellent suggestion. :)
*eyes MC, ponders, crouches low and gets ready to pounce*
I might not be there tonight. So there will be some nice druid or warrior gear dropping. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.