Lorekeeper Lydros
[Image: WoW_Prof_Smith_Ench_Thorium_Plate.jpg]

I have now all 6 halves for the three Enchanted Thorium Platemail volumes which get you three very nice level 300 Armorsmith plans (helm, chest plate, leggings) if you get these volumes to a guy called Lorekeeper Lydros in Dire Maul. Some questions:

1.) Where exactly can I find this guy in Dire Maul?

2.) What is the shortest/fastest way to him?

3.) Can I get to him solo on my own (with my level 60 Warrior), or do I need a party to fight my way to him?

4.) Does he end these 3 Armorsmith quests directly and gives you the plans, or is there anything else you still have to do then?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Aug 1 2005, 10:12 AM Wrote:I have now all 6 halves for the three Enchanted Thorium Platemail volumes which get you three very nice level 300 Armorsmith plans (helm, chest plate, leggings) if you get these volumes to a guy called Lorekeeper Lydros in Dire Maul. Some questions:

3.) Can I get to him solo on my own (with my level 60 Warrior), or do I need a party to fight my way to him?

4.) Does he end these 3 Armorsmith quests directly and gives you the plans, or is there anything else you still have to do then?
[right][snapback]84733[/snapback][/right]

1) Libarary in the West Wing.

2) Enter the left West wing, need the DM key, head left staying away form the mobs and patrols. There is a passage down on the right, jump up on the ledge and down on the left side to avoid the ogres around the camp fire. Keep an eye out for patroling dogs and head down the passage to the library, again locked door, find the guy and talk to him.

3) Perfectly doable solo if you have the key, of you will need to bring a rogue or someone who has the key along with you. Its the guy who gives the mage water quest.

4) He should just hand you the plans after you talk to him.
Kjartan,Aug 1 2005, 11:28 AM Wrote:1) Libarary in the West Wing.

2) Enter the left West wing, need the DM key, head left staying away form the mobs and patrols. There is a passage down on the right, jump up on the ledge and down on the left side to avoid the ogres around the camp fire. Keep an eye out for patroling dogs and head down the passage to the library, again locked door, find the guy and talk to him.
[right][snapback]84734[/snapback][/right]

While the library is in DM West, the entrance you talk about is the DM North entrance. :)
Thanks. How can I get the Dire Maul key (on my own)?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Aug 1 2005, 04:12 AM Wrote:[Image: WoW_Prof_Smith_Ench_Thorium_Plate.jpg]

[right][snapback]84733[/snapback][/right]

Since Gnolack has done all these quests here you go:

1, 2, and 3) To get the cresent key you will need to 5 man DM East. Once you have it go in the DM North entrance (the same entrance you go in for a tribute run). Wait for the single ogre patrol to leave, head a bit to your left and go down the ramp. Jump onto the railing on your left and then head down. Skirt the wall to the next ramp down (this is on your left as you are heading down the first ramp) to avoid the ogres by the campfire. Watch for dog patrols the whole time. Open that door and follow the passage. This will get you to the library and the guy you need.

4) Yes, he simply gives you the plans and something like 6K exp for each one no need to do anything else.

As an FYI, the helm is really the only thing you will probably ever maker. There are better and easier to obtain chest pieces. The legs are not bad though 10 arcanite bars are not cheap. Gnolack is currently still saving up for the legs because I really haven't found better, even though better ones aren't that hard to get, I've just been unlucky.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Thanks. I'll make all 3 pieces for myself though, because I like self-made stuff and don't want to look like the usual MC runner ;)

I'm thinking (style-wise) of this setup:

- Enchanted Thorium Helm
- Enchanted Thorium Breastplate
- Enchanted Thorium Leggings

-
(epic) Stockade Pauldrons (looks like Heroic Pauldrons, but golden color) or (green) Heroic Pauldrons
- Heroic Gauntlets
- Heroic Girdle
- Heroic Greaves
- Praetorian Cloak

The "green" Heroic/Praetorian stuff should all preferably be with the "of the Bear" suffix.

The whole setup (with Stockade Pauldrons) and the "Shadowstrike" epic polearm (my current main weapon) would then approximately look like this (I prefer to disable the "Show Helm" feature, although the helm DOES look hot on a female Night Elf (see below) :)):

[Image: WoW_Enchanted_Thorium_Heroic.jpg]

The shoulders look much smaller and decent in the game though; this is a display error in the 3D model viewer.

This is a picture of a female Night Elf Warrior with a similar setup from Allakhazam.com (the proportions of the epic Stockade Pauldrons being correct here):

[Image: EnchantedThor.jpg]

The setup looks so hot and futuristic/fantasy-like that I was already considering to start a female Night Elf Warrior just for that setup. So, if you HAVE a female Night Elf Warrior, then get this setup and you will be the envy of all Alliance folks for sure :)
The tipps for DM worked like a charm. Got the Crescent Key from the crazy Imp with a 5-ppl party today, went to the library and Lorekeeper Lydros through the DM north entrance in 2-3 minutes, no fights. I now posess all three Advanced Armorsmith plans, some of the finest stuff the game has to offer at the moment. Thanks again :)
nobbie,Aug 1 2005, 02:13 PM Wrote:The setup looks so hot and futuristic/fantasy-like that I was already considering to start a female Night Elf Warrior just for that setup. So, if you HAVE a female Night Elf Warrior, then get this setup and you will be the envy of all Alliance folks for sure :)
[right][snapback]84743[/snapback][/right]
I love this set too. My troll female warrior on Mal'Ganis, front and back:

[Image: zoltana_fronts.jpg][Image: zoltana_backs.jpg]

That's a Typhoon from Azuregos in her hand. I still haven't made the helm, since I have the golem skull helm from the mech in the BRD bar.

My main character is a priest. I just use her for farming since farming for gold/craft materials with a holy specced priest is an excercise in patience.

vvvv The shoulders and gloves are Valor. She's not wearing her belt in that picture since I took it off to show off the pants, but she usually wears Unmelting Ice Girdle which drops after Azuregos as well.
/// Zoid.
What are the shoulders, belt, gloves and boots?
nobbie,Aug 3 2005, 05:21 PM Wrote:What are the shoulders, belt, gloves and boots?
[right][snapback]85083[/snapback][/right]

Shoulder are valor. I think the rest is too actually. It all looks a lot different on a gnome male.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.