To Hit Chance in Animal Form (Bear/Cat)
A question:

If you're using a 2-hand weapon (Mace, Staff) as Druid in non-shifted form, your "To Hit" chance depends largely on your skill level (x of 300) in the respective weapon type, which must be learned and developed further after each level-up. The skill bar can be viewed in the character screen. However, since Druids don't benefit from weapon damage in shifted form (Bear, Cat) but only the stats on the weapon (i.e. +Strength, +Agility, +Stamina, +Intellect etc), I assume that your skill level of the weapon you're using doesn't count either in shifted from. So, how is the "To Hit" chance leveled up in shifted form? Is there some hidden "x of 300" skill bar in shifted form which goes up after each level-up?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I had thought that while shapeshifted, you used the Unarmed skill category. I imagine the way to test would be to watch your chat log for mesaages like "Your XYZ skill has increased to 292" and see what XYZ is.
Xanthix,Aug 1 2005, 12:00 PM Wrote:I had thought that while shapeshifted, you used the Unarmed skill category. I imagine the way to test would be to watch your chat log for mesaages like "Your XYZ skill has increased to 292" and see what XYZ is.
[right][snapback]84750[/snapback][/right]
You will not skill up any weapon skill, including unarmed, while you are shifted. Only your defense can go up while shifted into a feral form.
Intolerant monkey.
Xanthix,Aug 1 2005, 12:00 PM Wrote:I had thought that while shapeshifted, you used the Unarmed skill category. I imagine the way to test would be to watch your chat log for mesaages like "Your XYZ skill has increased to 292" and see what XYZ is.
[right][snapback]84750[/snapback][/right]

You use the Feral skill, which is always at maximum for your level, not Unarmed. It's a fair compromise so that Druids don't have to spend time in forms just to level their "weapon" skill. In Beta it was not automatically maxed, and was something of a pain to keep at a decent level. :)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Thanks. I was wondering because after a level-up, I had the feeling that my hits in Bear/Cat form hit less than later on.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Bun-Bun,Aug 1 2005, 11: Wrote:You use the Feral skill, which is always at maximum for your level, not Unarmed.[right][snapback]84753[/snapback][/right]

Does this mean Druids in forms cannot be disarmed?
Xanthix,Aug 2 2005, 11:01 AM Wrote:Does this mean Druids in forms cannot be disarmed?
[right][snapback]84892[/snapback][/right]

Disarm works to an extent against those in Feral forms. You will not have the weapon "equipped", which means you miss out on any stat bonuses it may have given. Other than that, there's no change.

So if you have +str on your weapon, your damage will go down due to the loss of strength. But it's not as if you're suddenly declawed.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Aug 2 2005, 12:25 PM Wrote:Disarm works to an extent against those in Feral forms.  You will not have the weapon "equipped", which means you miss out on any stat bonuses it may have given.  Other than that, there's no change.

So if you have +str on your weapon, your damage will go down due to the loss of strength.  But it's not as if you're suddenly declawed.
[right][snapback]84903[/snapback][/right]
The rogue Riposte skill will also cause damage, regardless of it the enemy has a weapon equipped or not and regardless of feral form or not. And it's a fair bit of damage too since it's not a straight number and is based off of the rogue's weapon.
Intolerant monkey.