Whodathunkit...
What started as a curiosity (I googled Woody's Diablo Asylum) has turned into quite the nostolgia trip...which has led me to THIS place. I can't believe that there are names floating around these boards that I still recognize. Bolty, Pete, WarLock, Lissa, Roland, etc. Unbelievable (in a good way). I'm sure there are more, but it's late and I'm too lazy to dig deeper than the first couple pages. I also had a great time reading the One on One article from way back when...

Glad to see y'all are still carrying on. I actually stopped at Best Buy on my way home from work today and picked up Diablo 1 in all it's glory. It's pushing midnight and I rolled through several hours of gaming bliss. Jeez, even after nearly 10 years the game still holds up. For the record, yes, I'm a bit rusty. And yes, I did die twice tonight right out of the shoot. And yes, it was an exploding barrel that got me both times. Damn barrels :blush:

Maybe I'll see ya online...

-Sir Woodrow Grabowski
Holy crap!
Woody(BNM),Aug 4 2005, 08:58 PM Wrote:And yes, I did die twice tonight right out of the shoot. And yes, it was an exploding barrel that got me both times. Damn barrels  :blush:

-Sir Woodrow Grabowski
[right][snapback]85224[/snapback][/right]

Maybe if you played a real character like a Warrior or at least a Rogue for a change, that would not have happened.

-A
Good to see you Woodmeister :P

Yep, it's indeed incredible how well both the Game Diablo 1 AND (perhaps even more so) the community it started are still doing...

Hey, come to think of, I still have a copy of my character files (I never could get it over me to completely delete the worlds first lvl50 BNM) and a version of D1 installed on my old work crate (and even that's the *second* comp I got AFTER D1 days).

You made me wonder, if I could still make a hell/hell clear with Percy(BNM) today...

What was the most recent patch again...? :rolleyes:

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince...
With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D. ...
and still keep the frog you started with.
You sir, are a blast from the past!

Zippyy(BNM) hasn't seen the light of day in several years, and probably never will again. No backups. :(

I still pop in at the asylum message boards from time to time, to see how Scrape and Lemming are doing are doing.

It can be found here if anyone is interested, though not much Diablo-related content can be promised anymore. Still a fun trip.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/4026
The error occurred on line -1.
Woody(BNM),Aug 4 2005, 10:58 PM Wrote:What started as a curiosity (I googled Woody's Diablo Asylum) has turned into quite the nostolgia trip...which has led me to THIS place. I can't believe that there are names floating around these boards that I still recognize. Bolty, Pete, WarLock, Lissa, Roland, etc. Unbelievable (in a good way). I'm sure there are more, but it's late and I'm too lazy to dig deeper than the first couple pages. I also had a great time reading the One on One article from way back when...

Glad to see y'all are still carrying on. I actually stopped at Best Buy on my way home from work today and picked up Diablo 1 in all it's glory. It's pushing midnight and I rolled through several hours of gaming bliss. Jeez, even after nearly 10 years the game still holds up. For the record, yes, I'm a bit rusty. And yes, I did die twice tonight right out of the shoot. And yes, it was an exploding barrel that got me both times. Damn barrels  :blush:

Maybe I'll see ya online...

-Sir Woodrow Grabowski
[right][snapback]85224[/snapback][/right]

Gods praise, it's good to see you again. I've been wondering about you (and MMAgCh, and Charlie, and Dr. Zed, and a whole slew of others) for a LONG time. And now more and more are coming out of the woodwork. I smell a good old fashioned reunion coming on sooner or later.

I KNEW my itch to play Diablo wasn't entirely game-related. Damn psychics. :D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Hi,

Oh, my! Will wonders never cease. And a few other appropriate clichés :)

Woody returns from the grave, or wherever he's been hiding. And a great 'Welcome Back' from this old-timer.

Yes, D1 is a great game, and for now the *only* game I have on this laptop. Perhaps some night in the back alleys of B.net (all that's left of that once great kingdom, I fear), two BNM's may meet and share a little of the goodness of yore.

Good to see you, Woody. Hang around a while, the life of a Lurker is not at all onerous.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

DeeBye,Aug 4 2005, 11:03 PM Wrote:Holy crap![right][snapback]85225[/snapback][/right]
Yep, that sums it up pretty well! Heya Woody!

Woody, you PK scum :) Some of us still remember the true reason BNMs were invented. Heh.

-Bolty

*shudder* variants...
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Whoa, old school. :blink: Hi. Don't think we've met. :)
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
Now wait just a second. You're not saying Dr. Zed came out of the woodwork again, too?
Nice to hear from y'all. By my thinking it's probably been somewhere around 5 or 6 years since I've been around. I'll certainly stay for a while...

I'm still hooked on gaming, although no one game has held my attention like Diablo did. I take that back, I played Counter Stike under the alias Mr. Poopy Pants for a couple years. Currently, I'm still a gamer, but I've embraced two Dark Technologies. Namely a Mac and an Xbox. Both about 2 years ago. With the migration to a Mac and an Xbox I've waved goodbye to PC gaming and said hello to the glory of console gaming. I'm not a guy that'll claim one is better than the other, but for me, the console is where it's at. I've got a PS2 also, but don't touch it much.

Again, good to hear from y'all. A Diablo game might be in order. Unfortunately Woody(BNM) was sent to that electron dump in the sky years ago. Other than that it's Xbox or bust since I never picked up WoW. I've got a copy of War3 sitting around somewhere but I seriously suck at that game.

Later.

-W
We'd invite you to play Guild Wars, but... Well, you get reamed pretty quickly if you go naked, much less beyond naked.

:)
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
MMAgCh,Aug 5 2005, 09:14 PM Wrote:Now wait just a second. You're not saying Dr. Zed came out of the woodwork again, too?
[right][snapback]85351[/snapback][/right]

Nope. Wish he had. You, Ashock, and now Woody have all resurfaced (along with a few others), but Charlie and Dr. Zed are still nowhere to be found, at least that I've seen. Pity, too. I think even Armin hasn't been seen in a long while, although I think Claudio has poked his head in recently.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Actually, Armin has posted in this very thread. ;)

No idea what happened to Charlie and Dr. Zed, though. The latter especially really just fell off the face of the planet very suddenly. I hope nothing bad happened to him. :(
Woody(BNM),Aug 6 2005, 02:18 PM Wrote:I've got a PS2 also, but don't touch it much.
Try God of War. It's a superb hack & slash action adventure. Coming from someone who usually hates stereotypically storyline-lacking, mindless hack&slash-games, that's saying something. Also, Gamespot doesn't hand out "Editor's choice" awards to just any games. ;)

God of War is one of the best action adventure games on the PlayStation 2, and it should not be missed.

It's hilariously bloody, and it's engaging enough to keep your attention for the duration of the game. There's also lots of bonus-stuff like "behind the scenes"-documentaries and beastiary-galleries. Great stuff for a great game! It might just rekindle your love for the PS2 ;)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
DeeBye,Aug 4 2005, 11:03 PM Wrote:Holy crap!
[right][snapback]85225[/snapback][/right]

[Image: wassupcat.jpg]

Seconded! :o

Wow, now all we need is for CodeMyster to show up again. :wacko:
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
MMAgCh,Aug 6 2005, 11:33 AM Wrote:Actually, Armin has posted in this very thread. ;)

*smacks forehead* Of course. I had completely forgotten. :P

No idea what happened to Charlie and Dr. Zed, though. The latter especially really just fell off the face of the planet very suddenly. I hope nothing bad happened to him. :(

I miss them both for their numerous contributions to Diablo, particularly in the modding arena. They knew so much, but so much has been forgotten and/or lost, or just isn't applicable anymore, that their loss is that much greater.

Man, I miss the old DSF. Those were some of the best times I've ever had involving gaming (PC anyway). I am SO whipping out Diablo again soon and firing it up.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Woody(BNM),Aug 6 2005, 09:18 AM Wrote:Nice to hear from y'all. By my thinking it's probably been somewhere around 5 or 6 years since I've been around. I'll certainly stay for a while...
[right][snapback]85378[/snapback][/right]

A very short while, if past history is any indication. :P Good to see ya again, Woody.
Nystul,Aug 7 2005, 10:50 AM Wrote:A very short while, if past history is any indication.  :P  Good to see ya again, Woody.
[right][snapback]85434[/snapback][/right]

ROFLOL!

-W
Roland,Aug 6 2005, 09:01 PM Wrote:They knew so much, but so much has been forgotten and/or lost, or just isn't applicable anymore, that their loss is that much greater.
Well, I have 100% of Charlie's web output and a BIG chunk of Dr. Zed's stuff (both were very giving when asked). Unfortunately it's been a long while since I've dug through any of it, so it's likely not much use to anyone who doesn't want to spend hours digging through an EXE to decompile it or going through memory text.

It's very nice to see Woody again. And all of the old names who decided to come around. We need more "woodwork" threads to get people to come out =P