Zul'Gurub Sneak Preview!
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underd...gurub.html

One of these days I'll stick with a high level character long enough to do some serious raiding

This new instance sure whets the appetite
A new 5 piece set for each class?!?! Dammit, and I was almost done my first set...

::goes and buys more bags::
I wonder if it's epic or blue item set. Hmm...
lemekim,Aug 5 2005, 01:48 PM Wrote:I wonder if it's epic or blue item set. Hmm...
[right][snapback]85322[/snapback][/right]

Hard to say, but given it's placing in the end game content scheme, I'd say it's either going to be a tier-1 epic equivalent, or a blue set a little better than the class blues, like Devout, or Dreadmist.
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
lemekim,Aug 5 2005, 04:48 PM Wrote:I wonder if it's epic or blue item set. Hmm...
[right][snapback]85322[/snapback][/right]

Maybe an actual feral set for druids? Maybe? :) I doubt it, but maybe. Otherwise I will be trying to complete shadowcraft for my feral, especially with the new patch changes. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
TheLuminaire,Aug 5 2005, 06:46 PM Wrote:Hard to say, but given it's placing in the end game content scheme, I'd say it's either going to be a tier-1 epic equivalent, or a blue set a little better than the class blues, like Devout, or Dreadmist.
[right][snapback]85333[/snapback][/right]

Blizzard has said that though they want it better than current blues, they don't want it to be at the same level as the tier-1 sets. They're aiming for in between the best blues (and those are not set blues!) and tier-1 epics. I wouldn't be suprised if some sets ended up weaker than blues while others ended up stronger than the epics.\

Late Edit: post by Caydiem -
Quote: I will say that it appears the slots for the sets will be slightly different from the norm. That's all. :)
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
[Image: zulgurub9sy.th.jpg]
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Highly scripted boss encounters unlike any you've experienced before!

It'll be interesting to see what they do here.
So, who's up for five-manning it?
Interesting... Different slots from usual? Assuming 8 piece set is "usual", that leaves us with cape, necklace, 2 rings, 2 trinket spots, and more importantly, weapon slots. Probably level 58 or so epics (As opposed to tier 1 epic sets, which really are more like level 65 epics). There is already a trinket set, so I'm guessing it will include necklace, cape, ring, mainhand and offhand.
The usual class sets neglect jewelry and trinket slots, so those would be my first guess. I'd love to see a set cloak, though.

Or maybe... just MAYBE, the classes that are without a ranged-slot item could get a custom trinket to be equipped there.
See you in Town,
-Z
I read over on the forums that one of the Devs had hinted at Trinkets/jewellery may be part of the set .
Take care
There is already a set with a cloak: Escandar's or some such. It is a very odd set, with two fist weapons with very quick speed, and the set bonus is a chance to summon a tiger to fight for you.
oldmandennis,Aug 7 2005, 01:14 AM Wrote:There is already a set with a cloak: Escandar's or some such.  It is a very odd set, with two fist weapons with very quick speed, and the set bonus is a chance to summon a tiger to fight for you.

There's a two trinket set, too, but still it's unusual to have cloaks, trinkets, jewelry, and weapons involved in a set.