Ultra-safe Teleporter
Congratulations! You have been replaced by your evil twin!

Great reference (and WoW is full of them), but I can't help but wonder if it affects anything outside of the fact that the player has a little debuff icon on his screen. Anyone heard any rumors flying around? A casual search came up with results akin to the Gnomish population in the backstreets of Ogrimmar.

And for the record, I would have liked to see the addition/removal of facial hair as part of this little easter egg. ;)

[Image: evilspock1je.jpg]
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Aug 10 2005, 05:26 PM Wrote:Congratulations!  You have been replaced by your evil twin!

Great reference (and WoW is full of them), but I can't help but wonder if it affects anything outside of the fact that the player has a little debuff icon on his screen.  Anyone heard any rumors flying around?
[right][snapback]85679[/snapback][/right]

Not a rumor, a confirmation from me, as I've gotten to enjoy dying while I have the buff: Evil Twin = Soulstone.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Oh? Now that's something I've not heard.

Can the same happen from a dimensional ripper? My Dwarven Rogue is into chucking bombs, so Goblin was the way to go.
See you in Town,
-Z
I've heard a few things.

You can't hearth. You can't ride gryphons. You can't use portals.

Stuff like that, but I have no idea if any of that is true.
The error occurred on line -1.
Zippyy,Aug 12 2005, 10:32 PM Wrote:I've heard a few things. ...

...You can't ride gryphons.
[right][snapback]85885[/snapback][/right]

That certainly isn't; the one time I've gotten the Evil Twin buff, I flew from Gadgetzan to Thalanaar immediately afterward. (And then went to Dire Maul, and died, where I got to prove it's a soulstone. ;))
Darian,Aug 13 2005, 04:06 AM Wrote:That certainly isn't; the one time I've gotten the Evil Twin buff, I flew from Gadgetzan to Thalanaar immediately afterward.  (And then went to Dire Maul, and died, where I got to prove it's a soulstone. ;))
[right][snapback]85892[/snapback][/right]
So much for heresy. Hairsay. Hearsay? Heresay?

:blink:
The error occurred on line -1.
Darian,Aug 10 2005, 04:54 PM Wrote:Not a rumor, a confirmation from me, as I've gotten to enjoy dying while I have the buff:  Evil Twin = Soulstone.
[right][snapback]85689[/snapback][/right]

My friend has this debuff and died within an hour, and did not get a soulstone prompt. Could you have had a soulstone from a warlock at the time, or been battle ressed? I don't mean to question your account but am curious why it didn't happen for my friend.
Xanthix,Aug 15 2005, 10:48 AM Wrote:My friend has this debuff and died within an hour, and did not get a soulstone prompt. Could you have had a soulstone from a warlock at the time, or been battle ressed? I don't mean to question your account but am curious why it didn't happen for my friend.
[right][snapback]86026[/snapback][/right]

The plot thickens.
See you in Town,
-Z
Xanthix,Aug 15 2005, 12:48 PM Wrote:Could you have had a soulstone from a warlock at the time, or been battle ressed?
[right][snapback]86026[/snapback][/right]

Nope, and nope.
It is possible that it has a % chance to ressurect, similar to the card from the faire.