The Viralrush Guide to Wall Walking
THE VIRALRUSH GUIDE TO WALL WALKING IN ALTERAC VALLEY

[Image: Viralrush_1.jpg]

During a particularly stalemated Tichondrius Alterac Valley match yesterday, Marshal Viralrush decided to demonstrate the finer points of wall walking.

1. First, yell out with beastial vigor to your companions that you will bring about a glorious victory for the Alliance using your adept wall walking skills. Then climb the hill along the southeastern side of the Horde base and jump onto a small outcropping that has a lone tree growing out of it.

[Image: Viralrush_2.jpg]

2. Climb above the tree trunk and walk along the snowy slope behind you.

[Image: Viralrush_3.jpg]

3. Jiggle back and forth along the snowy slope to get as high as you can get. (Note: This step may be unnecessary as it seemed like Viralrush was having trouble getting as high as he wanted to go using this method).

[Image: Viralrush_4.jpg]

[Image: Viralrush_5.jpg]

4. Walk along the sheer granite cliff face to the left and attempt to get as high up the cliff face as possible.

[Image: Viralrush_6.jpg]
5. Apparently, this method works, because as you can see Viralrush has achieved the necessary height to wall walk into the back of the Horde base. You will know that you have achieved the necessary height when you appear several pixels higher than the base of the tree trunk when you pass by it.

[Image: Viralrush_7.jpg]

6. Then, walk along the granite face toward the back of the Horde base.

[Image: Viralrush_8.jpg]

7. Once at the base, make sure you walk toward the face of the base's wooden wall. Otherwise, you run the risk of falling off the cliff.

[Image: Viralrush_9.jpg]

[Image: Viralrush_10.jpg]

8. Once at the Horde base, get pwned by the priest who's been mind visioning and screenshotting you the entire time.

[Image: Viralrush_11.jpg]
I posted this on the Blizzard Tichondrius forums. I thought you all might get a kick from it, too.
A warrior losing to a priest!? For shame!

At least it was a smelly, smelly Night Elf you killed, though :)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Didn't Blizzard mutter some sort of threat about players exploiting terrain in battlegrounds not so long ago?

Oh well, at least you beat him, gg
Artega,Aug 13 2005, 09:55 PM Wrote:A warrior losing to a priest!?  For shame!

At least it was a smelly, smelly Night Elf you killed, though :)

I got the jump on him. He was still having to wall walk, while I got two dots and a Mind Blast on him. He was probably too startled that he had been "seen" so quickly to fight back effectively. Anyway, I just respec'd today to full shadowform just because I was getting sick and tired of getting pwned by every arcanite reaper wielding MS warrior that came along. It's been fun in AV today dishing out the damage.
MongoJerry,Aug 14 2005, 08:34 PM Wrote:I got the jump on him.
[right][snapback]85956[/snapback][/right]

Hehe, you'd think all those mind visions you cast on him would've tipped him off. :D

MongoJerry,Aug 14 2005, 08:34 PM Wrote:Anyway, I just respec'd today to full shadowform just because I was getting sick and tired of getting pwned by every arcanite reaper wielding MS warrior that came along.  It's been fun in AV today dishing out the damage.
[right][snapback]85956[/snapback][/right]

*sigh* As the "joe-average" gear on Terenas gets better and better my druid days are getting harder and harder. I'm not a particularly skilled PvPer and given the time it takes me to defeat just about anything (mages excluded if I get the drop on them) my PvP play style is becoming frighteningly similar to my instance style. (ie. Heal-bot/Flag-bot.) Not that I don't love healing in instances (it makes me feel important :P ) but I do enjoy hurting things in PvP. Lol, it's almost enough to make me pull my shaman out of the cupboard, but instead I've soliced myself with a lowbie nelfling druid. (Incidently, at first blush the horde seem to have waaaaay better travel options...apart from the deeprun tram and gadgetzan.)

Anyways, sorry for the rant. Another cool post Mongo. I'm looking forward to "The Adventures of Neriad in Alterac Valley" *wink wink, nudge nudge* :D
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
LOL! :lol:

Didn't even notice the mind vision icon at first. :) Bet he was thinking about how he was going to pwn the horde with his leet gosu exploiting skillz all the way to the horde base.
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Mongo, your post in the Tichondrius forums was actually brought to the attention of the developers. Because of your thoroughness, this has been fixed in the 1.8 patch.