taking screenshots
hi everyone im new here i joined this forum because i found u on a google search it looked like i could get the information i needed here so my question is (unless this should be in a different forum)

How do i take a screen shot in DiabloI

ty
hi Jrd, welcome to the forum. I'm almost as new as you :-)

You'll want to hit the "Prt Scr" button to take screenshots. Diablo being an older game saves screen picks as .PDX or .PXC files or something like that. So you'll want to use a picture program or something to convert them to a more updated file type like Jpeg afterwards.

jrdgames,Aug 16 2005, 06:47 PM Wrote:hi everyone im new here i joined this forum because i found u on a google search it looked like i could get the information i needed here so my question is (unless this should be in a different forum)

How do i take a screen shot in DiabloI

ty
[right][snapback]86253[/snapback][/right]
TheKingofKewl,Aug 16 2005, 07:27 PM Wrote:hi Jrd, welcome to the forum. I'm almost as new as you :-)
You'll want to hit the "Prt Scr" button to take screenshots. Diablo being an older game saves screen picks as .PDX or .PXC files or something like that. So you'll want to use a picture program or something to convert them to a more updated file type like Jpeg afterwards.
[right][snapback]86265[/snapback][/right]

I believe you're thinking of .PCX, the ZSoft IBM PC Paintbrush file. I recommend using convert(1) for your conversion. Jpeg is a lossy format, better suited to real images than to generated screenshots. Its name (Joint Photographic Experts Group format) even tells you so! Use png(5) instead. It's a lossless format which is specifically designed not to be encumbered by patents.
[vL]Kp,Aug 16 2005, Wrote:Use png(5) instead.  It's a lossless format which is specifically designed not to be encumbered by patents.

It's so good microsquish tried to pretend png's didn't exist but leaving out any support for them (look at internet explorer still, transparent png's aren't recognized).

I whole hearted second [vL]Kp's png advice :)

Cheers,

Munk
ok thanks but where does diabl store the files? does anyone know?
jrdgames,Aug 17 2005, 02:49 PM Wrote:ok thanks but where does diabl store the files? does anyone know?

In your Diablo folder.
thank you very much now i can take screen shots
jrdgames,Aug 18 2005, 11:47 PM Wrote:thank you very much now i can take screen shots
[right][snapback]86596[/snapback][/right]

You are very welcome :) :D :) :wub:
DeeBye,Aug 19 2005, 12:35 AM Wrote:You are very welcome  :)  :D  :)  :wub:
[right][snapback]86600[/snapback][/right]

The thank you doesn't apply to you DeeBye, you didn't help! :angry:

Stop stealing other peoples thunder!! :blink:

Cheers,

Munk :P
Munkay,Aug 20 2005, 02:56 AM Wrote:Stop stealing other peoples thunder!!
[right][snapback]86643[/snapback][/right]

DeeBye, Thief of Thunder... Hmmm, that has a nice ring to it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Munkay,Aug 19 2005, 10:56 AM Wrote:The thank you doesn't apply to you DeeBye, you didn't help!  :angry:

Stop stealing other peoples thunder!!  :blink:
[right][snapback]86643[/snapback][/right]

I'm sorry. I was just so happy :blush:

:) :D :wub:
u guys are too funny :w00t: