Fears of group finding
Having played a priest to level 60 and a druid to level 30ish, I ve grown used to getting a high number of invites to join a group. Now, I want to try something new. There is a catch however.

I have this fear of not getting group invites. I want to try a different class: don t know which to choose: warlock, mage or paladin. However, the fear of not being able to get groups at higher leveled instances scares me. What should I do? I could use some advice from people who play this classes. Is a guild more than enough to ffset the popularity of this classes? Any tips in partying, the fun you have playing them, etc are very much appreciated.

Raz
Even as a rogue, I end up not going to a place the guild (or allies) hits very rarely. In the cases I'm looking for public groups, yeah, occasionally I'll hear that "full on Rogues" but missing a public group isn't that much of a curse.

Of the three classes you mention choosing, I'd say in 5man Pally and in raiding Mage are the ones you'll have the most problems fitting into groups with. A paladin doesn't bring enough to 5manning sometimes when a group is short a specific element. Mages bring a lot to the table, but are one of the more popular classes.

Warlocks may be neglected publically, but if they are it's the public players' fault. I know what they can do, and it's powerful in any kind of group.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Raz,Aug 25 2005, 03:04 PM Wrote:Having played a priest to level 60 and a druid to level 30ish, I ve grown used to getting a high number of invites to join a group. Now, I want to try something new. There is a catch however.

I have this fear of not getting group invites. I want to try a different class: don t know which to choose: warlock, mage or paladin. However, the fear of not being able to get groups at higher leveled instances scares me. What should I do? I could use some advice from people who play this classes. Is a guild more than enough to ffset the popularity of this classes? Any tips in partying, the fun you have playing them, etc are very much appreciated.
[right][snapback]87213[/snapback][/right]
Hmmm, my opinion of perceived utility Alliance side; 1) Priest, 2) Warrior, 3) Mage, 4) Warlock, 5) Druid, 6) Rogue, 7) Paladin, 8) Hunter

But, that is a narrow minded view imho. Good players of all classes can group up to be successful.

I think of it more as all classes are needed breaking down as;

1) Tank - Warrior, Paladin, Druid - Warrior should be best, but I've been on raids where the Paladin holds aggro better than the Warrior. Druid bear form with good armor is a formitable tank on par with a warrior and has a taunt skill.

2) Healing - Priest, Druid, Paladin - Priest has the biggest mana pool and fastest heals, fade ets. Druid can innervate, and has the 2nd best heal kit. Paladin is the ultimate boyscout class with lots of merit badges.

3) Physical DPS - Rogue, Hunter - Once the warrior sunders and exposes the soft underbelly, we can rack up the DPS. Cloth wearers... You don't have a chance. Magical immunity or resistances don't slow us at all. If instances had more selected mobs with higher resistances or immunities, you'd hear more clamour for rogues and hunters. Both can zero hate.

4) Magical DPS - Mage, Warlock - AOE and some of the best DPS against all mobs. They have the best CC, and other utility as well.

You might want to join us on Stormrage, since Lurkers are not narrow minded and can usually cobble something together with whoever shows up.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Aug 25 2005, 03:56 PM Wrote:You might want to join us on Stormrage, since Lurkers are not narrow minded and can usually cobble something together with whoever shows up.
[right][snapback]87226[/snapback][/right]

Voidwalker tanking VanCleef ftw!

(The group comprised of two mages, a warlock, a priest and a rogue. It was fun. :) )

/end spam
Intolerant monkey.
My list of getting into a group from easist to hardest for high end loot raids (scholo, strat, xBRS)

1) Priest, 2) Druid, 3) Warlock, 4) Warrior, 5) Mage, 6) Hunter, 7) Rogue, 8) Paladin

The hunter only has trouble getting in my experience because there are so many of them. Most raids I'm on they want hunters but they only want 3 to 5 and they'll take mages for some of those slots if they have at least one hunter. I've been on pubby raids that could care less about having a rogue or a paladin though. Warriors are down that far simply because most raids only want 1 or 2 of them. They all want one in the raid but they don't want many of them. Raids pick up extra anything in most cases before they take a 3rd warrior. Druids are wanted not just because of lack of priests but they are wanted for the buff, pretty much every raid wants one druid and will take more. Every raid wants at least one lock and will take them in place of mages and hunters as well there just aren't enough locks to fill the raids though. Raids want mages but not before locks in most cases and mages are common so it's harder to get in run with one.

But I've never seen the first 3 classes turned away from a raid. I've seen all the others turned away. I've rarely seen rogues or paladins asked for but I've seen all the other asked for frequently (yes even the over populated hunters).
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
One way to make sure to get invited into groups is to build up a good reputation amongst your fellow players. Regardless of what class you're playing. If you're helpful most of the time, people will remember you. And at some point you will even sadly decline offers because you are already in another group.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Gnollguy,Aug 25 2005, 09:57 PM Wrote:My list of getting into a group from easist to hardest for high end loot raids (scholo, strat, xBRS)

1) Priest, 2) Druid, 3) Warlock, 4) Warrior, 5) Mage, 6) Hunter, 7) Rogue, 8) Paladin

The hunter only has trouble getting in my experience because there are so many of them.
I have to disagree. When my hunter reached 60 the game turned into hanging around Ironforge trying to join parties and hearing "Sorry, don't think we can use a hunter". 6 weeks later I had managed to visit Scholomance once, Strat once, and BRD never. I was reduced to trying to solo BRD (not something I would recommend). I have now abandoned that character.
Flymo,Aug 30 2005, 09:27 AM Wrote:I have to disagree.  When my hunter reached 60 the game turned into hanging around Ironforge trying to join parties and hearing "Sorry, don't think we can use a hunter".  6 weeks later I had managed to visit Scholomance once, Strat once, and BRD never.  I was reduced to trying to solo BRD (not something I would recommend).  I have now abandoned that character.
[right][snapback]87610[/snapback][/right]

Again I'm not talking about 5 man. I've never been on a raid without hunters but I've been on raids without paladins and rogues. The only reason I see hunters get turned down is because there are too many of them around and the raid doesn't want anymore of them in it over another class.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.