What? No post about our under 15 minute take down
I put SS up on Tal just before Anadrol ran down the ramp and when it was all said and done, the SS still had 15 minutes left before I could use the next one and Onyxia was lying on the floor with her tongue hanging out of her mouth... :shuriken:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I logged in last night just to hear about how the raid went, and couldn't have been happier with what I heard (except if I'd been able to be there)! You guys rock! :D
Having seen a lot of Onyxia run failures and having only been in at one successful Onyxia-downing, I'm compelled to ask: what do people think went right this time that we didn't get right before?

Congratulations! Looking forward to the next time Onyxia is on a day I can make. :wub:
Tuftears,Aug 30 2005, 03:34 PM Wrote:Having seen a lot of Onyxia run failures and having only been in at one successful Onyxia-downing, I'm compelled to ask: what do people think went right this time that we didn't get right before?
[right][snapback]87648[/snapback][/right]

1) We got to the end of phase two with no mistakes.

2) Fire resist.

3) Anadrol grabbed Onyxia after transition with only one person hitting the floor.

4) Fire resist.

5) All the tanks managed to pile on once Anadrol had her positioned, ensuring that her aggro wasn't going to float to squishy peoples.

6) Fire resist.

7) Flyn was on the ball with Fear Ward. Between warding and stance-dancing, Anadrol was only feared once.

8) Fire resist.
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Aug 30 2005, 03:55 PM Wrote:1) We got to the end of phase two with no mistakes.

2) Fire resist.

3) Anadrol grabbed Onyxia after transition with only one person hitting the floor.

4) Fire resist.

4a) Tal popped his shield on the first fear and cleansed priests and tanks on his side that were running around in the fire.

5) All the tanks managed to pile on once Anadrol had her positioned, ensuring that her aggro wasn't going to float to squishy peoples.

6) Fire resist.

7) Flyn was on the ball with Fear Ward.  Between warding and stance-dancing, Anadrol was only feared once.

8) Fire resist.
[right][snapback]87654[/snapback][/right]

Fixed it for ya. ;) Plus I think it really helped that we had good DPS.
9) Beyond the tanks locking her down and Flyndar... Everyone else mostly managed to stay alive and provide awesome DPS.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Darian,Aug 30 2005, 12:55 PM Wrote:3) Anadrol grabbed Onyxia after transition with only one person hitting the floor.

Actually, I'll say that was the smoothest phase 2 to 3 transition we ever had. Not even the time we dropped her before was the transition that smooth. Everyone moved north at the perfect time and stopped attacking at the right time as well.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
kandrathe,Aug 30 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:9) Beyond the tanks locking her down and Flyndar...  Everyone else mostly managed to stay alive and provide awesome DPS.
[right][snapback]87657[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, absolutely true. I don't remember having to yell "More DoTs" even once, and everyone just kept plowing.

Plus we were able to get the DPS rolling on phase 3 very early, another huge advantage.
Tal,Aug 30 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:Fixed it for ya. ;)
[right][snapback]87656[/snapback][/right]

Yep. :)
Darian,Aug 30 2005, 02:55 PM Wrote:1) We got to the end of phase two with no mistakes.

2) Fire resist.

4) Fire resist.

6) Fire resist.

7) Flyn was on the ball with Fear Ward.  Between warding and stance-dancing, Anadrol was only feared once.

8) Fire resist.

7a) Gnolack was really excited the one time Anadrol got feared because I got aggro (stance dance for the win) and kept her there. Unfortunately the heals just didn't quite get to me in time so I died just after Anadrol got her back. But I tell you that is a great feeling for a warrior. Sacrificing yourself so the group can go on is nice. :)

I would like to change 1) to: Everyone did their job and did it without having to be told. There were no little mistakes.

I was also happy to see whelps being pulled north in the transition so there was no worry of a tail swipe to the caves. :)

But yeah this was unbelievably smooth because everyone was on the ball. It was a lot better than our first take down. I was very please to be a part of it and to feel that I did my job the way I was supposed to do my job. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Aug 30 2005, 04:40 PM Wrote:7a) Gnolack was really excited the one time Anadrol got feared because I got aggro (stance dance for the win) and kept her there.  Unfortunately the heals just didn't quite get to me in time so I died just after Anadrol got her back.  But I tell you that is a great feeling for a warrior.  Sacrificing yourself so the group can go on is nice.  :)
[right][snapback]87672[/snapback][/right]

Hehe, yeah... I died getting flambéd while I was running back to the wall with Anadrol (I'd moved up to try and get some aggro at the beginning of phase 3 when I saw she was on Sabra), but I wasn't too worried at that point. That was probably the largest "mistake" of the entire fight -- not that I shouldn't have done it, but that I managed to get killed. Me dead through phase 3 even though Anadrol WAS able to grab her > me dead due to wipe 3% into phase 3 after not even having tried to help him pull her back, I think.
Gnollguy,Aug 30 2005, 03:40 PM Wrote:I was also happy to see whelps being pulled north in the transition so there was no worry of a tail swipe to the caves.  :)
[right][snapback]87672[/snapback][/right]
Lochnar died grabbing the last of the whelps before I could move him north with them in tow. I looked at the roster and saw that the party priest, Itto(?), had died too. I don't know if that happened prior to Lochnar dying, but it probably would explain it.

A testament to how fast she was taken down is that I was able to watch her go down at least 30 seconds before Lochnar auto-released. Having the DPS of a full raid, like we did last night, should ensure that things go as smooth and quickly as this one did.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."