New PvP feature on blizz site
They have put up the rankings (by current rank) of the top 1000 PvP players on each relm for each faction. It probably doesn't interest many of the people on this site, but it is a pretty nifty feature. I'm not on it, but MJ is 68th on his relm. People from his guild occupy spots 1,2, and 11. I'd appreciate it if MJ would share his and their stratgies. Demolishing pubbie AV groups? WSG over and over?

Lurkers Leeah and Ramala make it onto the Stormrage list at #23 and 343 respectivly.

Does anyone know if anyone has made the top rank yet? It seems on the 4-5 servers I looked at only a handful even had anyone at the second highest
Bah, I've dropped down to 842 on Gorefiend! But I haven't logged on there in nearly a month. And when I did, it was all instances. :(
Holy Moly! Our Leeah is 23rd overall!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
oldmandennis,Sep 1 2005, 01:30 PM Wrote:Lurkers Leeah and Ramala make it onto the Stormrage list at #23 and 343 respectivly.
[right][snapback]87924[/snapback][/right]

Former <Lurkers>: Rylea 108, Tutelin 142, Sommli 540
Carpe Aurum: Anadrol 700
The Basin: lots of them... Merana is 8th! Rayen 46, Vermicelli 149, Ace 307, Lightstriker 312, bunch of others over 400
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
oldmandennis,Sep 1 2005, 10:30 AM Wrote:I'd appreciate it if MJ would share his and their stratgies.  Demolishing pubbie AV groups?  WSG over and over?

It used to be WSG over and over until that well dried up. Since then, it's been demolishing pubbie AV groups repeatedly. The most important skill for the two people at the top is their ability to judge which AV's to join and whether it's worth staying or leaving in hopes of finding a better AV to join. They hate it, because both of them (and others in the guild) are excellent players, but farming cp in AV really isn't about in-game skill. We all long for the days of non-stop WSG where individual and team skill actually mattered and showed in your cp standings. All of us are now looking forward to Arathi Basin, as it looks like it'll be a good game that will actually require skill to play and win in the cp standings.

I'm surprised that I'm that high in the rankings, considering I haven't joined an AV in two weeks -- ever since I got Exaulted with AV. When Arathi Basin comes out, I might join the battlegrounds again, but I got tired of the AV reputation grind and am glad I'm done with it.
oldmandennis,Sep 1 2005, 01:30 PM Wrote:Lurkers Leeah and Ramala make it onto the Stormrage list at #23 and 343 respectivly.&nbsp;

Hah! And I've only ever won a single WSG game. I'd be much higher if I actually cared ... but I'm really just in it for the fun and rewards of AV. Yes, I find AV fun.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
oldmandennis,Sep 1 2005, 10:30 AM Wrote:Lurkers Leeah and Ramala make it onto the Stormrage list at #23 and 343 respectivly.&nbsp;

Does anyone know if anyone has made the top rank yet?&nbsp; It seems on the 4-5 servers I looked at only a handful even had anyone at the second highest

I am the highest ranked Lurker on Terenas at 229. There are only 2 non 60s higher than my level 59. I have dropped lately because of wedding prep taking away from playtime, but there is not tons of PvP activity on Terenas. I got there by spending 1-2 nights a week in BG maybe 4-8 hours total per week in BG.

Horfire is #1 on our server, and he is simply in BG ALL the time. He is good at WSG, but I never got the feeling he was incredible at PvP, he is just #1 because of the time he spends there. (Orc Shaman)

#2 Smashdaddy is awesome. I played priest for him in AV for a while and he is great. He also has strong guild support and (duh) spends lots of time in BG. (Tauren Warrior) His guild (Thralls Champions) and another big PvP guild (Legends of Terenas) have well organized groups in BG often.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Currently #4 on EU-Dunemaul. (alliance side) :lol:
Lots and lots of Warsong Gulch, and late night AV's. Not to forget the weeks of Tarren Mill skirmishes, pre-BG. :P

I'm quite happy to be "finished" with the PvP system though, having reached Field Marshal and decided not to go further. Now I can just enjoy the PvP itself, without the pressure to win everything *fast*.
The Gnu,Sep 3 2005, 10:12 AM Wrote:Currently #4 on EU-Dunemaul. (alliance side) :lol:
Lots and lots of Warsong Gulch, and late night AV's. Not to forget the weeks of Tarren Mill skirmishes, pre-BG.&nbsp; :P

I'm quite happy to be "finished" with the PvP system though, having reached Field Marshal and decided not to go further. Now I can just enjoy the PvP itself, without the&nbsp; pressure to win everything *fast*.
[right][snapback]88125[/snapback][/right]

That's the nice thing about me going for the AV rewards but not the PvP rewards. I don't feel forced to go PvP at any given time, I just know that every AV I miss is another one I have to wait for to get closer. I'm never losing progress.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I've got to agree with everyone. I've spent the last week living in WSG in an effort to get some ranks, and I'm starting to get really, really tired of it. I'm starting to rearn for the days of world PvP (I know, a lot of people hated it at the time) where no one really cared. Warsong and Alterac Valley create huge amounts of agro and drama. When you do WSG as much as I have been lately, it gets to be incredibly repetitive and quite dull. (It's also be a bad week for Horde PuG, with big alliance guilds dominating and most people unable to adjust to new tactics.) I miss fighting people because we enjoyed it and got a thrill from it.

I'll be happy to have the "grind" over and done with, even though it's going to take me ages. (I'll be damned if I'll do another week like this one, but I want my war kodo. :D )

Back to the OP...it's a fun feature, and it's nice to check out how others are doing in the grind and see where your friends are at. Even though, as MJ and Conc implied, it seems to be more about choosing the right games and spending a lot of time at it. Woot! 90ish on my server. ;)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink