critic my character
This warrior is level 36 and goes often on jewel hunts by killing unqiues in hell and any blood knights and advocates he encounters. I am trying to build him closely to Bolty's high level warrior guide suggestions.

I shall start with my aqquired items:

Royal Circlet
Awesome Full Plate Plate AC 70, 146% armor
King's Bastard sword of Speed 96% to hit, 152% damage
Awesome Shield of the Tiger AC 18, 144% armor, +42 life

Jewels:
Amulet- Sapphire amulet of the Zodiac 60% lightening, +17 to all
Ring - Obsedian ring 38% reisist all
Ring - Jade ring of the Stars 25% resist, +9 to all

Now with my actual stats: all our maxed except strength, its 215 base and 251 now.

AC: 274
To HIT: 194%
Damage: 105-127

I carry a Ring of Wizardy +28 to magic in my inventory
and an obsedian amulet of Titans amulet as well

Thanks in advance :D :blush:
dex dex dex. thats the one word that i see is missing.

if you are playing in hell/hell (which you shouldn't as at your level you get the same experience in nm/hell), then you need 160 dex at lvl 30 for perfect block, reducing by 2 each time you level up. so you currently require... 148 dex for perfect block.

i say blocking, because your ac isn't quite at the maximum it could be. the maximum required is 315 in hell/hell for clvl 30. it also goes down 2 each level you gain. so you require ~300 ac for the maximum useful ac.

also, you may wish to increase your mana some more using 'of dragons' or 'of the drake' suffix on rings/amulets. this is so that you can heal more often and also telekill more opponents. but this is in the long run - at the moment focus on just getting up some levels. this mainly applies level 40+.

bolty's guide is very good for tactics - i hope you are using them to the full potential. gear can make a big difference, but being able to play skillfully is even more so. you can make do with lesser gear when you have better knowledge of the game and make use of corners/bodies etc more.
"The axe? Aye, that's a good weapon, balanced against any foe. Look how it cleaves the air, and then, imagine a nice fat demon head in its path. Keep in mind, however, that it is slow to swing - but talk about dealing a heavy blow!"
thanks I will work on getting that dex up high.
I got a new toy today so I had to announce.

bought from Griswold today:

Master's Bastard Sword of Haste
42% to hit, 122% damage
pretty rare I think.
Yes I know not as good as Kings but I couldn't resist.

Now I want a Holy Shield of the Mammal from Wirt

________
New toy again today

trying to get a Holy Shield with a suffix today from Wirt weilded a very nice find.
King's Blade of Haste
100% to hit and 164% damage

my first king's of haste! :w00t: :wub:

got offered another from wirt
King's broad sword of haste
91% to hit, 152% damage price tag 121, 554

why is wirt so much more expensive?

Draconis,Sep 16 2005, 09:03 AM Wrote:dex dex dex. thats the one word that i see is missing.

if you are playing in hell/hell (which you shouldn't as at your level you get the same experience in nm/hell), then you need 160 dex at lvl 30 for perfect block, reducing by 2 each time you level up. so you currently require... 148 dex for perfect block.

i say blocking, because your ac isn't quite at the maximum it could be. the maximum required is 315 in hell/hell for clvl 30. it also goes down 2 each level you gain. so you require ~300 ac for the maximum useful ac.

also, you may wish to increase your mana some more using 'of dragons' or 'of the drake' suffix on rings/amulets. this is so that you can heal more often and also telekill more opponents. but this is in the long run - at the moment focus on just getting up some levels. this mainly applies level 40+.

bolty's guide is very good for tactics - i hope you are using them to the full potential. gear can make a big difference, but being able to play skillfully is even more so. you can make do with lesser gear when you have better knowledge of the game and make use of corners/bodies etc more.
[right][snapback]89405[/snapback][/right]
TheKingofKewl,Sep 17 2005, 12:25 AM Wrote:Now I want a Holy Shield of the Mammal from Wirt
________

trying to get a Holy Shield with a suffix today from Wirt weilded a very nice find.......
[right][snapback]89467[/snapback][/right]

Hey man, I dont wanna disapoint you, but Holy shield of Mammoth cannot be found in Classic Diablo.

Best +AC/HP shield is Holy shield of Tiger.

Finding good Holy shield of Tiger is clear mere vision, unless youre absolutelly lucky guy.

1) According to Wirts item generation must be your (shopping) character at levels 18 - 21. (I hope I remmember qlvl of suffix Tiger (21) well).

2) He can offer you only item at time. Probability, that item will be shield, with prefix Holy and suffix Tiger is really low.

3)Also, Wirts offer of basic items dont depends at level of your character. It means, he can offer you club, short bow or buckler even if your character reached 50.

So, maybe you will be lucky and Wirt will offer you a Holy/Tiger combination on a shield. BUT if you want good shield, then we are not talking about bucler, small, large, kite even not about gotic, but only and ONLY about Tower shield with very good stats.

Now count with me:

Best possible Awesome/Tiger shield, you can buy (at your level) in Gris shop in all 6 slots or find in dungeon is +150% AC Awesome, 20 AC Tower shield, +50 HP Tiger. Its AC is 50.

Best possible Holy/Tiger shield, you can buy only in Wirt shop with absolutely insane probability is +170% AC Holy, 20 AC Tower shield, +50 HP Tiger. It has 54 AC.

So my question is:

Why do you want buy so needless item like Holy/Tiger shield?

Play in NM/Hell, you will find better jewels and youll gain more items, so you can combinate your setup.
Also dont focus at AC too much. Its most useless statistic in Diablo. At least for me.
Have a fun
He said 'Holy Shield Of Mammal', not Mammoth ;).
Yeah I did mean Mammal but I do see his point as well. You're right for just a few points more (and I am a warrior) still doesn't seem worth the great trouble for a holy artifact and a couple more life points.

I think it would be best to delete that character ;)
My mage will keep hunting for jewel, my biggest weakness right now.

Necrotising(BD),Sep 20 2005, 11:36 AM Wrote:He said 'Holy Shield Of Mammal', not Mammoth ;).
[right][snapback]89738[/snapback][/right]
What's with all this talk about ac shields?

Go kill laz and co. a million times and find yourself an emmy tiger!

Also Sekel's right, don't worry about ac, go get yourself some obs/stars armor, and listen to Draconis, pump the dex and scrounge together as much mana as you can. Low ac's more dangerous and fun :)

Just in case you aren't aware - speed and haste are the same for a warrior on a sword.

You guys should come play in us east gateway, channel - diablo le, if you are looking for legits to coop with.
Aarda's still throwing roses at the rain...

This sounds like quite an adventurous route to take. Would probably have to be stealthy if I did this. :shuriken:

I am constantly on the look out for better equipment, but my mage is the one who looks for the items for my warrior. I look in Hell on Nightmare. And I sometimes use bountiful staff of apocolyse to speed things up.

Hureg,Sep 21 2005, 02:30 AM Wrote:What's with all this talk about ac shields?

Go kill laz and co. a million times and find yourself an emmy tiger!

Also Sekel's right, don't worry about ac, go get yourself some obs/stars armor, and listen to Draconis, pump the dex and scrounge together as much mana as you can. Low ac's more dangerous and fun :)

Just in case you aren't aware - speed and haste are the same for a warrior on a sword.

You guys should come play in us east gateway, channel - diablo le, if you are looking for legits to coop with.
[right][snapback]89787[/snapback][/right]