Pubbie group adventures!
Warning: screenshots contain some vulgarity.

Early this morning I joined a group adventuring in Stranglethorn Vale. I was swimming up to the Vile Reef in order to knock out both the Enchanted Tail Fins and Curse of the Tides quests (you know, because that's efficient and stuff).

Three others were attempting to do the Curse of the Tides, so I contented myself with soloing the elite Murlocs there to get fins. After watching the group of three fail miserably because they drowned and drew 2 Murloc adds, they came back, ressed, and invited me.

I could tell by their banter that they weren't very experienced with the game, and figured I'd keep them alive. We proceeded to smack down Gazban to complete the Curse of the Tides quest, after which I shared Enchanted Tail Fins with Doral, a hunter, and we swam around killing pesky Murloc scum.

Aikthered handed out greater breathing (swimming?) potions to himself and Doral, but left me and Zirkon, a Mage, without them. I had to save Zirkon from drowning a lot as he seemed to not pay enough attention to his breath bar. But we got through it, got our fins, and headed onto shore. This is where the fun began, and I became a spectator to something so funny that I couldn't bring myself to interdict...

[Image: wow84.jpg]

Doral started asking for a port to Tanaris. Then he asked where to hand in Curse of the Tides. Instead of being a good human being and answering his questions, I decided to be a jerk and wait to see how funny this could get. Sadly, I was rewarded.

Note how Zirkon finally answers Doral, stating that he cannot portal him to Tanaris or Theramore. I figured the lesson was coming soon, where Zirkon would tell Doral that Mages can only port to the major cities of your faction. But no, it just got better...

[Image: wow85.jpg]

Keep in mind, these are level FORTY-TWO characters. Not people fresh out of the gate. If they were new characters, I would have stepped in, but watching this unfold before my eyes made them well up with tears of laughter. I really appreciated him telling me that Curse of the Tides could be handed in at BB. As if I want to run all the way down there to hand in ONE quest.

[Image: wow86.jpg]

Doral proceeded to lambaste poor Zircon for not "getting his ports." And it became obvious that poor Zirkon, a level 42 Mage, had barely EVER SET FOOT ON KALIMDOR. "I have only been there once." So Doral convinced Zirkon to go to Theramore and get his port.

All this time, I'm just silently watching party chat while questing elsewhere. Lochnar asked me how I could keep playing while ROFL. I stated that this joy could only be experienced by playing in lots and lots of pubbie groups, so that the rare gem could be found...

[Image: wow87.jpg]

Zirkon here stated that he was pretty scared to go to Kalimdor because there are Horde there. It's clear he's unfamiliar with the PvE ruleset. Airkthered sanely left the group - the first thing he had said in maybe 15 minutes. I couldn't pull away, though; it's like watching a train wreck. So anyway, Doral and Zirkon decided to head down to Theramore.

[Image: wow88.jpg]

A bit later, Doral assured that a Mage without a port over here is "practically worthless." Damn, every Mage in the entire game is practically worthless!

[Image: wow89.jpg]

After visiting Theramore (and apparently not finding a port for poor Zirkon, although there was no party chat about that), the intrepid explorers headed south into Thousand Needles and ran past Freewind Post. Doral notes he is very hardcore on the Laughing Skull server. Then of course they both get ambushed by the Freewind Post level 55-60ish guards and barely survive - I could tell by watching their health bars. For the next few minutes Doral would make fun of Zirkon for being PvP flagged - BUT YET DORAL WAS ALSO FLAGGED AT THE SAME TIME. This key detail seemed to escape him!

Doral and Zirkon finally made it to Gadgetzan. Doral logged off, and hopefully Zirkon isn't still looking for that Mage portal trainer...

What a story.

Again, I should have taught them a few things, but some of you are better than I. I can't resist a laugh at others' expense. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
See, after Doral logged off? You should have had a little whisper laugh-off with Zirkon, making sure to tell him that Doral had no idea what he was talking about, and that you didn't roll up and slap his ignorant randombodypart around all over the place because you were too busy laughing. And make sure to correct a few things, just because.
lol

Had a similar one just now about whether sharpening stones and enchanter weapon boosts stack. I was doing quite well until I made the fatal mistake of saying you can have one permanent enchantment and one temporary enchantment. At this point the main person arguing against my view triumphantly pointed out that sharpening stone wasn't an enchantment. Most people seemed to accept this triumph of semantics as conclusive.

This is on the 3 days old Lightning's Blade EU server where most players claim MC experience