Terenas Miscellenas
Party
Now that our guild is growing on Terenas it is time for us to have a party!

Date and time: Thursday, September 22 at 7:30 PM, U.S. Central Time (6:30 server time). . If a lot of people will have trouble coming to the party on that date then I certainly am open to changing the date.

Place: Grom'gol base camp in Stranglethorn Vale. This location is easy to reach by Zeppelin from either the Undercity or Orgrimar.

Bring fireworks. After we celebrate and the winner of the contest is announced, we will raid Westfall and proceed to make one or more runs into the Deadmines. This will be a good opportunity for lower-level members of the guild to get some nice drops would otherwise be unavailable.

Contest
I will award a 16 slot bag to the Terenas guild member who submits what is in my opinion the best joke. The joke must either be about Paladins or must begin with the line -- A night elf, a human, a dwarf and a gnome walk into a bar...
Each guild member may submit to me a maximum of two jokes. Send them to me by private message on this web site. In order to win, the guild member must be present at the party. Jokes containing profanity will not be considered. If I have difficulty deciding which joke is the best I reserve the right to consult whomsoever I choose, providing that such person or persons are not contest entrants. When the contest is over I will publish all of the entries on the Lurker Lounge forum.

Guild Tabards
It has been my unofficial unannounced policy for the past couple of months to send a guild tabard to all new members of the Lurkers guild on Terenas who play at least somewhat regularly. There have been several new Lurkers, and frankly I have lost track of whom I sent a tabard to. So, if you play at least once a week on Terenas in the Lurkers guild and have not received a tabard, then contact me and I will send a tabard to your main alt.

Catch the Flag
Playing catch the flag against the alliance in Warsong Gulch is a blast. Just like the quality of pickup groups in a regular instance is highly variable, the same is true of Warsong Gulch. A team of Lurkers using Teamspeak should be able to win with consistency. Just like we have instance runs every Friday, I'd like to have Warsong Gulch runs on a regular basis, or at least once. I propose Sunday nights. Please let me know what you think.

Teamspeak
I recommend that all Terenas Lurkers install Teamspeak on their computers for use in instance runs or parties. Even if you do not have a microphone, you can at least listen to the chat. I refer you to the following threads:
Download here
Teamspeak tips
We are using this teamspeak server
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Sep 11 2005, 11:43 AM Wrote:Party
Now that our guild is growing on Terenas  it is time for us to have a party!

Date and time:  Thursday, September 22 at 7:30 PM, U.S. Central Time (6:30 server time).
I would say throw it Friday and it can be a birthday party for *cough* someone but that "someone" might be forced to go out for dinner that night with family. :blush:
Alram,Sep 11 2005, 02:43 PM Wrote:Date and time:  Thursday, September 22 at 7:30 PM, U.S. Central Time (6:30 server time). .  If a lot of people will have trouble coming to the party on that date then I certainly am open to changing the date.
[right][snapback]88805[/snapback][/right]

That is right smack in the middle of Stormrage raid time. Raids start at 5:30 Terenas time (7:30 Eastern) and usually go for about 3 or 4 hours, raid nights on SR are Monday, Thursday, and Saturday. While that pretty much only affects Treesh and I for active Terenas population it is an issue.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Sep 12 2005, 12:53 AM Wrote:That is right smack in the middle of Stormrage raid time.  Raids start at 5:30 Terenas time (7:30 Eastern) and usually go for about 3 or 4 hours, raid nights on SR are Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.  While that pretty much only affects Treesh and I for active Terenas population it is an issue.
[right][snapback]88842[/snapback][/right]
I want to avoid Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday nights for personal reasons. So that leaves Sunday. Sunday, September 25 at 7:30 PM, U.S. Central Time (6:30 server time).
Alram,Sep 12 2005, 04:20 AM Wrote:I want to avoid Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday nights for personal reasons. So that leaves Sunday. Sunday, September 25 at 7:30 PM, U.S. Central Time (6:30 server time).
[right][snapback]88850[/snapback][/right]
I will not be able to make a raid on Sunday th 25th. This might work best for scheduling reasons if we make this the activity for one of our regular Friday night sessions during a different week, one that doesn't conflict with your personal reasons. Friday nights are the best nights to get things rolling on Terenas anyway, so perhaps we shouldn't change that. It also works better for me personaly if the start time is later, around 8:30 realm time, after my kids are in bed. For the week of the 17th to the 23rd my wife will be out of town, and I can do something every night after my kids are in bed, but not earlier, and not during any other week.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
bonemage,Sep 12 2005, 09:49 AM Wrote:I will not be able to make a raid on Sunday th 25th.  This might work best for scheduling reasons if we make this the activity for one of our regular Friday night sessions during a different week, one that doesn't conflict with your personal reasons.  Friday nights are the best nights to get things rolling on Terenas anyway, so perhaps we shouldn't change that.  It also works better for me personaly if the start time is later, around 8:30 realm time, after my kids are in bed.  For the week of the 17th to the 23rd my wife will be out of town, and I can do something every night after my kids are in bed, but not earlier, and not during any other week.
[right][snapback]88860[/snapback][/right]
Well, if we start it late on Friday around 8:30 realm time, as you would like, then it works for me. I didn't want to interfere with our Friday instance runs, but since you think that is best, it is ok with me. I am getting the feeling that it will be impossible to find a time that pleases everyone. So, unless there is an overwhelming storm of protest the party will be

Friday night, September 24, 8:30 realm time.
Alram,Sep 12 2005, 10:58 AM Wrote:Well, if we start it late on Friday around 8:30 realm time, as you would like, then it works for me.  I didn't want to interfere with our Friday instance runs, but since you think that is best, it is ok with me.  I am getting the feeling that it will be impossible to find a time that pleases everyone. So, unless there is an overwhelming storm of protest the party will be

Friday night, September 24, 8:30 realm time.
[right][snapback]88868[/snapback][/right]

Well, I'm fairly flexible in the evenings. Saturdays are usually not good for me, but any other night is all right with me (with a few exceptions at times). So, as long as I know when it is, I'll be ready. My main concern is I don't have any fireworks! :P If I can't come up with some before then, I can always shoot flares. It's almost the same thing. :blink:
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Alram,Sep 12 2005, 08:58 AM Wrote:Friday night, September 24, 8:30 realm time.
[right][snapback]88868[/snapback][/right]

This works for me (assuming you meant Friday Sept 23rd). Sounds like fun, and I saved some fireworks from the Scarlet Monastery for just such an occasion!

Might be worth zerging the Armory to pick up fireworks for people that don't have them sometime in the next two weeks.
Alram,Sep 11 2005, 02:43 PM Wrote:Contest
I will award a 16 slot bag to the Terenas guild member who submits what is in my opinion the best joke.&nbsp; The joke must either be about Paladins or must begin with the line -- A night elf, a human, a dwarf and a gnome walk into a bar...&nbsp;
Each guild member may submit to me a maximum of two jokes.&nbsp; Send them to me by private message on this web site.&nbsp; In order to win, the guild member must be present at the party.&nbsp; Jokes containing profanity will not be considered.&nbsp; If I have difficulty deciding&nbsp; which joke is the best I reserve the right to consult whomsoever I choose, providing that such person or persons are not contest entrants.&nbsp; When the contest is over I will publish all of the entries on the Lurker Lounge forum.
I haven't received any jokes yet as contest entries, so here is one to start you off.

A night elf, a human, a dwarf and a gnome walk into a bar.
The bartender says, "What is this? Some kind of a joke?"
Alram,Sep 13 2005, 10:19 AM Wrote:The bartender says, "What is this?&nbsp; Some kind of a joke?"
[right][snapback]89038[/snapback][/right]
That would be your response if I submitted some of my "jokes". I consider myself a funny guy most of the time, but joke writing is not my type of humor. They would just be AWFUL. Perhaps I'll ask my wife to write something, though I'm sure the punchline would be how we're all big dorks... Perhaps the only entry will be the winner.
I'm no joke teller, but here is my feeble attempt to cobble something together :D
Quote:A Night Elf Druid, a Human Hunter with a Crocolisk pet, a Dwarf Engineer with Jumper Cables XL, and a very hungry Gnome walk into a bar tended by a fairy.

The night elf druid says, "I'll have ... a Dwarven Stout",&nbsp; the Hunter asks "Do you serve Paladin's here?", the Dwarf orders the daily special, and the Gnome orders a Kodo Burger.

The bartender looks suspiciously at the NE Druid as he hands him the stout and says "What's with the pause?" Then at the Dwarf as he gives him the special and says, '"Don't you be starting anything."&nbsp; Next to the Hunter, "Sure, we serve Paladins here.", and he gives the Gnome a huge Kodo Burger.

The Hunter then replies, "Good, I'll have a stout like my friend, and a Paladin for my Crocolisk."&nbsp; As it turns out the daily special came with two wishes.&nbsp; "What would you like for your first wish?", asked the bartender fairy.&nbsp; The Dwarf replied, "A mug of Ale that never goes dry". So the bartender fairy hands him a bottomless mug of ale and asks "And, for your next wish?"&nbsp; The Dwarf downs the ale in a big gulp, and says "Another."&nbsp;

And, the Gnome?&nbsp; Well it was hard to tell what he was thinking, what with him being a Goblin.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Alram,Sep 13 2005, 12:19 PM Wrote:I haven't received any jokes yet as contest entries, so here is one to start you off.

A night elf, a human, a dwarf and a gnome walk into a bar.
The bartender says, "What is this?&nbsp; Some kind of a joke?"
[right][snapback]89038[/snapback][/right]
:blink:
Well, I'm much like Bonemage (must be the relation) in that I can't write a good joke to save my life. I'm a radio announcer by trade, which means I can take pot shots at anything, and drop one-liners on the run, but to write a good joke with a punchline is a challenge to me. Plus, anytime I think about a NE, a Dwarf, and a Gnome walking into a bar...all I can think of is....."YUM!" :P
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Reminder

Terenas Lurkers party this Frisay September 23, 8:30 realm time at Grom'Gol base camp.

You still have time to submit your jokes and win a 16 slot bag.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, as the party starts fairly late, we could conceivably return to Zul'Farrak for another run if at least 5 people can make it by 6:30 realm time. What do you think?
Alram,Sep 20 2005, 04:01 AM Wrote:Reminder

Terenas Lurkers party this Frisay September 23, 8:30 realm time at Grom'Gol base camp.

You still have time to submit your jokes and win a 16 slot bag.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, as the party starts fairly late, we could conceivably return to Zul'Farrak for another run if at least 5 people can make it by 6:30 realm time.&nbsp; What do you think?
[right][snapback]89737[/snapback][/right]

Is there anyone who needs to do anything other than clean up gather quests (scarab shells and troll temper) and defeat Gahr'zilla? The run to Gahr'zilla is quite short and not very difficult. I won't be able to make it quite as early as 6:30 but I think going to Gahr'zilla would be a quick run (I hear we have a bunch of enchanted hammers now).
Fireworks can be purchased at the harvest festival area right outside Org if that is still there after today's maintenance. I bought 6 stacks there last week. I should have posted this earlier, but spaced it... :blush:
bonemage,Sep 20 2005, 10:03 AM Wrote:Fireworks can be purchased at the harvest festival area right outside Org if that is still there after today's maintenance.&nbsp; I bought 6 stacks there last week.&nbsp; I should have posted this earlier, but spaced it... :blush:
[right][snapback]89751[/snapback][/right]
I believe the Festival is now gone. :(
VoiceMan

Terenas:
vor_lord,Sep 20 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:Is there anyone who needs to do anything other than clean up gather quests (scarab shells and troll temper) and defeat Gahr'zilla?&nbsp; The run to Gahr'zilla is quite short and not very difficult.&nbsp; I won't be able to make it quite as early as 6:30 but I think going to Gahr'zilla would be a quick run (I hear we have a bunch of enchanted hammers now).
[right][snapback]89746[/snapback][/right]
I believe that's all I am in need of, is Ghaz. I have my hammer, and would be available and interested in finishing up ZF this Friday, if possible.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
vor_lord,Sep 20 2005, 09:01 AM Wrote:Is there anyone who needs to do anything other than clean up gather quests (scarab shells and troll temper) and defeat Gahr'zilla?&nbsp; The run to Gahr'zilla is quite short and not very difficult.&nbsp; I won't be able to make it quite as early as 6:30 but I think going to Gahr'zilla would be a quick run (I hear we have a bunch of enchanted hammers now).
[right][snapback]89746[/snapback][/right]

Marn still needs Ghaz and one more troll temper. However at L53 now if you put him in your group for it you are pretty much cheesing the encounter in my book. Treesh and I may just duo it or grab anyone else who is online at the time for it. before Friday.

There is a good chance that I'll be in Maraudon getting some of the grey quests out of the way in the pre-instance area. Possibly even all the Khans since you can solo that if you time it right since the two in the instance itself do spawn right by the zone in portals. Most of the people are now overleveled for most of Mara as well now since it really is something that you want to do about the same time as ZF for everything but the princess.

And yeah the Ghaz run is fast so that could be done then we could do a lot of Mara prep as well, maybe even try to finish one side of it to get half of the sceptre.

I know that I'm starting to feel I'm getting too big for Sunken Temple and I really want to get in there as it is a good source or dragonscales and well I am a dragonscale leather worker. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
A halfbreed troll, daughter of a Troll rogue and a female paladin, woman married a troll. Her face became terribly burned in a battle with a fire mage, and her doctor said she required a skin graft. Her husband offered his skin, and the doctor took a flap from the husband's buttock. Time passed and the wife eventually was as lovely as she had ever been.
One day, her heart filled with gratitude, she approached her husband and said, "How can I ever repay you for the sacrifice you made on my behalf?"
The troll husband replied, "Darling, it is repayment enough every time I see your mother kiss you on the cheek."

Keep those jokes coming. There are only hours left until the contest comes to a close.