Pet skills in 1.7
You can only have four, yes four activatable abilities now.

So for a cat who can learn
Prowl (got rank two off a L43 Elder Shadowmaw in STV)
Dash
Cower
Bite
Claw
Growl

Your pet can only know 4 of them! If you already have 5 of them (like most higher levels do with dash or dive) and you retrain your pet you then get stuck with only being able to teach them 4 of them!

Prowl is not affected by dash or bestial swiftness (I tested by putting a point into BS after the cat already knew prowl). Rank 2 lowers the movement speed to 55% (and you will just run away from the pet if you leave prowl on while you are traveling) and adds 35% damage to the first attack to for a cost of 40 focus.

So yeah being able to do the auto skills from the skill boot IS COMPLETELY POINTLESS since you can only have 4 skills that take an activation!

I'm pissed, with the new bestial discipline talent my cat got focus fast enough to have growl, bite, and claw on all the time pretty much. So if I learn those 3 I can only have prowl or dash or cower, not all 3 of them, not even just 2 of them.

This makes me very mad!

On the happy side for my beast master intimidation now rocks and bestial wrath means I have a L50 pet that gets over 110 DPS with that active and since it's 15 seconds out of every 2 minutes I pretty much sustain 70-80 DPS now with my L50 cat pet. Of course being able to use my stealth opener would be nice but I can't have that and dash with claw and bite that are now usable with the new focus regen talent....
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Sep 13 2005, 02:45 PM Wrote:You can only have four, yes four activatable abilities now. 

So for a cat who can learn
Prowl (got rank two off a L43 Elder Shadowmaw in STV)
Dash
Cower
Bite
Claw
Growl

Your pet can only know 4 of them!  If you already have 5 of them (like most higher levels do with dash or dive) and you retrain your pet you then get stuck with only being able to teach them 4 of them!

Prowl is not affected by dash or bestial swiftness (I tested by putting a point into BS after the cat already knew prowl).  Rank 2 lowers the movement speed to 55% (and you will just run away from the pet if you leave prowl on while you are traveling) and adds 35% damage to the first attack to for a cost of 40 focus.

So yeah being able to do the auto skills from the skill boot IS COMPLETELY POINTLESS since you can only have 4 skills that take an activation!

I'm pissed, with the new bestial discipline talent my cat got focus fast enough to have growl, bite, and claw on all the time pretty much.  So if I learn those 3 I can only have prowl or dash or cower, not all 3 of them, not even just 2 of them.

This makes me very mad!
On the happy side for my beast master intimidation now rocks and bestial wrath means I have a L50 pet that gets over 110 DPS with that active and since it's 15 seconds out of every 2 minutes I pretty much sustain 70-80 DPS now with my L50 cat pet.  Of course being able to use my stealth opener would be nice but I can't have that and dash with claw and bite that are now usable with the new focus regen talent....
[right][snapback]89100[/snapback][/right]

There also seems to be something horribly wrong with growl now. Lissanna pulled agro from Ehecatl by shooting a single serpent sting and no other skills outside of mark. Also was having a great deal of difficulty having the pet hold agro against Sons of Arkkokan (needed to FD twice to keep the Son on Ehecatl). I know Bun was also noticing these same problems with Mostal.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:You can only have four, yes four activatable abilities now.
Quote:There also seems to be something horribly wrong with growl now.

Let's dance the Blizzard conga,
come here and get in line!

One step forward,
one step right;
one to the left,
and two steps back!

Dabum-chin bum!
badum-chin bum!

One step forward,
one step right;
one to the left,
and two steps back!

Dabum-chin bum!
badum-chin bum!
Lissa,Sep 14 2005, 12:48 AM Wrote:There also seems to be something horribly wrong with growl now.  Lissanna pulled agro from Ehecatl by shooting a single serpent sting and no other skills outside of mark.  Also was having a great deal of difficulty having the pet hold agro against Sons of Arkkokan (needed to FD twice to keep the Son on Ehecatl).  I know Bun was also noticing these same problems with Mostal.
[right][snapback]89156[/snapback][/right]

Yep. Mirage now has a devil of a time holding either of the Winterfall Shaman or Ursa against me, and I'm not doing that much more damage than before. I thought that it was just me.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Sep 14 2005, 10:05 AM Wrote:Yep. Mirage now has a devil of a time holding either of the Winterfall Shaman or Ursa against me, and I'm not doing that much more damage than before. I thought that it was just me.
[right][snapback]89194[/snapback][/right]

It's not just you. I was trying Mostal's new Beast Mastery talents out in Un'Goro and had some cases where I pulled a dino off Yinkin. In the previous patch, Mostal's cat was a sure-thing lockdown on the enemy. It now seems to be a much more fragile situation.

On the upside, Bestial Wrath just plain chews through stuff.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Lissa,Sep 14 2005, 01:48 AM Wrote:There also seems to be something horribly wrong with growl now.  Lissanna pulled agro from Ehecatl by shooting a single serpent sting and no other skills outside of mark.  Also was having a great deal of difficulty having the pet hold agro against Sons of Arkkokan (needed to FD twice to keep the Son on Ehecatl).  I know Bun was also noticing these same problems with Mostal.
[right][snapback]89156[/snapback][/right]

Can you hunters test different Ranks of Growl? See if it's just the last one messed up, or something like that?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Sep 14 2005, 11:36 AM Wrote:Can you hunters test different Ranks of Growl?  See if it's just the last one messed up, or something like that?
[right][snapback]89217[/snapback][/right]

Would take a respec of the pet everytime and since Marn is L51 and still hasn't gotten the money to get a regular mount yet I'm not doing it on Terenas. :) However Meowry only has rank 6 growl being an L50 pet and I have not seen these issues though I haven't really been fighting anything tough yet since Marn duo's with Mogo and Treesh's work schedule hasn't really let her play much yet.

Well that or you go tame a new pet and wait for it get a loyalty level so you can teach it growl but that adds in other factors.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Sep 14 2005, 01:14 PM Wrote:Would take a respec of the pet everytime and since Marn is L51 and still hasn't gotten the money to get a regular mount yet I'm not doing it on Terenas.  :)  However Meowry only has rank 6 growl being an L50 pet and I have not seen these issues though I haven't really been fighting anything tough yet since Marn duo's with Mogo and Treesh's work schedule hasn't really let her play much yet.

Well that or you go tame a new pet and wait for it get a loyalty level so you can teach it growl but that adds in other factors.
[right][snapback]89229[/snapback][/right]

I fought a bunch of things solo before a Baron raid last night, and I pulled aggro right near the end of most fights, but that's because my DPS is going through the roof with this new spec... Marneus held his own for as long as he could :)
Don't know if this has been posted yet but here are details (with numbers!) for the new pet skills:

Read me for pet skill numbers!
Gnollguy,Sep 14 2005, 12:14 PM Wrote:Would take a respec of the pet everytime and since Marn is L51 and still hasn't gotten the money to get a regular mount yet I'm not doing it on Terenas.  :)  However Meowry only has rank 6 growl being an L50 pet and I have not seen these issues though I haven't really been fighting anything tough yet since Marn duo's with Mogo and Treesh's work schedule hasn't really let her play much yet.

[right][snapback]89229[/snapback][/right]
My guess is that Rank 6 Growl is level 50 and would work well up until the pet gets to level 55, then resists would be excessively high until the pet could reach level 60 and get Rank 7 Growl.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

A quick note: Growl now costs 0 points, so you can train it immediately after training a new pet, irrespective of it's loyalty.