Patch 1.11b
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Patch 1.11b
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIXES:
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when you return to chat after playing a game on Battle.net.

- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when the runeword "Peace" was equipped on a hireling.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
This earthshattering news will of course cause a great uproar, and change forever the way Diablo II, LoD, is played.

Or not. :D

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Yet there are several blatant bugs back from 1.10 beta that remains unfixed.

The Tomb Viper poison cloud bug.

The related but less critical Gloam bug.

The Inferno misfeature.

The Fend bug.

and the Charge and Leap Attack bug.

Frankly I am a bit dissapointed. I reckon that the Inferno misfeature and the Fend bug should be trivial to fix.
Occhidiangela,Sep 13 2005, 10:28 PM Wrote:...This earthshattering news will of course cause a great uproar, and change forever the way Diablo II, LoD, is played.

Or not.  :D 

Occhi
[right][snapback]89140[/snapback][/right]
The timing of the patch seens to have been to counter the release of the updated maphack, and to beat up on someof the bots.

If they happened to have thrown in some minor bug fixes, fine, but I do love to see the maphackers get screwed over.

-rcv-
Still a pretty sorry excuse for an update, all in all.
Zingydex,Sep 20 2005, 07:57 PM Wrote:Still a pretty sorry excuse for an update, all in all.
[right][snapback]89781[/snapback][/right]

I side with rcv on this one: screw Maphackers. :angry:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
channel1,Sep 18 2005, 07:00 AM Wrote:The timing of the patch seens to have been to counter the release of the updated maphack, and to beat up on someof the bots.

If they happened to have thrown in some minor bug fixes, fine, but I do love to see the maphackers get screwed over.

-rcv-
[right][snapback]89542[/snapback][/right]
Yes, it seems that way. The time it took for the patch to download was almost as long as 1.11 was just a month before. So its doubtful that what was REALLY patched was limited to these two trivial glitches. I noticed also that the 10-20 second long lag spikes that plagued bnet for 3 months before 1.11 virtually disappeared the very day of the patch. We got some lag a week later, with the reset, obviously because so many peeps playing all at once. But after this 1.11bpatch, things seem to have bogged down somewhat, not sure if its bnet or my isp. There do seem to be alot of people dying in bunches lately, in the past few days, perhaps that was because of it being the weekend.

Anyways, all these people talking about not playing in the early evening because of lag....why should we have to suffer? They have done away with maphack, and therefore, most bots. The number of games being played has dramatically fallen, especially with the 30,000 accts being banned and some cdkeys. I play classic and its surprising how few games are being played now, the other day not a single public game was listed on my realm (that has never happened before, not even close), although a couple were actually full. Tons of peeps continue to move onto GuildWars, WoW, etc...

You guys in Lod may not notice it, but my LoD chars seem to find it more likely to find a friend in public games. A few years ago, it was few and far between when u would 'bump' into someone u knew. With so many fewer games.....why the continued lag??

Does the valk actually work now when you equip this armor on a merc? I tried this on my act 1 hireling but I have yet to see a valkyrie from her. Anyone having luck with this?
Quote:Does the valk actually work now when you equip this armor on a merc? I tried this on my act 1 hireling but I have yet to see a valkyrie from her. Anyone having luck with this?
[Image: necromancy.jpg]
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.