Woe is me
:(
Hello, my friends.
I will not be playing WoW for an indeterminate amount of time.

My computer won't boot into Windows. It actually worked fine except for a strange fan noise and an occasional error message on bootup, "System failed due to CPU overclocking." In fact it was not overclocked. I brought it into the shop which had assembled it and they cleaned and lubed the fan. I made the mistake of asking the guy about the occasional error message. When I picked it up he said, "There is something wrong with the motherboard. You should return it while it is still under warranty." After some difficulty, it worked last night, but I haven't been able to boot into Windows since. I called Asus and the RMA dept. isn't open until Monday.

I don't know what to do with myself. This ancient machine I'm typing on does not meet even the minimum requirements.
See you guys online sometime in the future. If I'm real lucky I'll make it to the Terenas party next Friday, but I am not hopeful.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Sep 17 2005, 10:55 AM Wrote:If I'm real lucky I'll make it to the Terenas party next Friday, but I am not hopeful.
[right][snapback]89514[/snapback][/right]
This is bad news. We'll miss the presence of our Guild Master, your experience and company until you're fixed and back online. PC problems aren't fun, and I hope it's resolved ASAP. Doesn't seem right to have a party without the party planner...
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
bonemage,Sep 17 2005, 03:05 PM Wrote:This is bad news.  We'll miss the presence of our Guild Master, your experience and company until you're fixed and back online.  PC problems aren't fun, and I hope it's resolved ASAP.  Doesn't seem right to have a party without the party planner...
[right][snapback]89523[/snapback][/right]
Thank you for your kind sentiments. Bonemage, I'd appreciate it if you would take care of any decisions and leadership concerning the party. That is if you are comfortable doing thart.

On the positive side I just scored 123 on Minesweeper which might be my lifetime high, and if I keep going I guess I could break 110.
Alram,Sep 17 2005, 03:54 PM Wrote:Thank you for your kind sentiments. Bonemage, I'd appreciate it if you would take care of any decisions and leadership concerning the party. That is if you are comfortable doing thart.

On the positive side I just scored 123 on Minesweeper which might be my lifetime high, and if I keep going I guess I could break 110.
[right][snapback]89527[/snapback][/right]
I too must echo Bonemage, in that our guild is just not the same without our fearless leader. Here's to large hopes that the PC issue can be quickly resolved. Our party Friday night just won't be a party without you.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Quite unexpectedly after going through a couple of cycles of not booting, my box is now working. I'm not turning it off, and I'll deal with the motherboard issue when i need to. So, hopefully u wil see me online.
Alram,Sep 19 2005, 01:07 PM Wrote:Quite unexpectedly after going through a couple of cycles of not booting, my box is now working.&nbsp; I'm not turning it off, and I'll deal with the motherboard issue when i need to. So, hopefully u wil see me online.
[right][snapback]89691[/snapback][/right]
Well, this is good news, at least on a temporary basis. Let's all hope it continues to run until a more convenient time to replace the motherboard arrives. Looking forward to seeing you online. The dreaded druid brothers are starting to collect some dust. :P
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Alram,Sep 17 2005, 01:54 PM Wrote:Thank you for your kind sentiments. Bonemage, I'd appreciate it if you would take care of any decisions and leadership concerning the party. That is if you are comfortable doing thart.

[right][snapback]89527[/snapback][/right]
I'll do what I can help. As it is, I'll be on a lot this week, which will make it pretty easy to be available if anything requires some organization. Hopefully you're working come Friday, but I'll head things up then if need be.

Edit: w00t! On a side note, this is my 100th post.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight