Ironforge Plague
So it seems ZG has a new Plague that can be spread to pets, and then to Ironforge or some other populated area.

http://files.filefront.com/WoW_plauge_divx...;/fileinfo.html -> Video of it in action.

Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Has been already allegedly fixed at lightspeed, much to the displeasure of many players ;)

Quote:Beginning at 4:00 AM PDT on 9/17 we will be issuing rolling restarts to all realms to apply a hotfix. We expect this to resolve several issues:

-Fixed an exploit with drakonids where players could get a head start.
-Nefarian's drakonids have reduced damaging abilities
-The wild polymorph cast by Nefarius in Blackwing Lair, can no longer be canceled early by clicking it off.
-Arathi Basin holiday honor should now be awarding the bonus properly.
-Hakkar's spell Corrupted Blood can no longer exist outside of Zul'Gurub

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...l&T=4923205&P=1
Melisandre: http://ctprofiles.net/371601

I'm not an addict ... maybe that's a lie.
Yes, one annonymous group of players (*cough*) spread it around Orgrimmar on Tichondrius on Thursday night, and the chaos and number of dead bodies was pretty amazing. The plague worked as follows: It did a couple hundred damage each second for three seconds and can spread to other players *and* NPC's. Normally, that amount of damage wouldn't be enough to kill anyone but people's mule alt's, but a group of players or NPC's standing next to each other (say, at the bank, mailbox, or auction house) would pass the plague back and forth to each other. The resulting number of dead bodies around Orgrimmar was quite fantastic as copycatters got the plague and continued to intentionally spread the plague themselves.

Any reports that I was among the instigating players of this little prank are fully without merit, unless they have screenshots and game logs to back it up. :whistling:

Edit: Looking at my screenshots, it seemed to do around 300 damage every two seconds, but it lasts only 3 seconds. So, basically, you get hit with it only once but you're contagious for three seconds and the person you give it to can give it right back to you.
Tseric Wrote:It appears that the hotfix remedy concocted to combat the recent Azerothian outbreak has not yielded desired results. At this time, our medical staff is continuing to develop an effective cure. We look forward to ensuring the health and vitality of the citizens of Azeroth in the near future.

They failed, go figure :wacko: .

My real question, though, is why do they only care about the citizens of Azeroth? It's like Blizzard wants to wipe out those from Kalimdor! :lol:
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Sep 17 2005, 01:37 PM Wrote:
Tseric Wrote:It appears that the hotfix remedy concocted to combat the recent Azerothian outbreak has not yielded desired results. At this time, our medical staff is continuing to develop an effective cure. We look forward to ensuring the health and vitality of the citizens of Azeroth in the near future.

They failed, go figure :wacko: .

My real question, though, is why do they only care about the citizens of Azeroth? It's like Blizzard wants to wipe out those from Kalimdor! :lol:
[right][snapback]89530[/snapback][/right]

Azeroth = the entire world. The continents are the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

+5 beardo points.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Sep 17 2005, 11:49 PM Wrote:Azeroth = the entire world. The continents are the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor.

+5 beardo points.
[right][snapback]89534[/snapback][/right]

I challenge your beardo points on a technicality. ;-)

The Eastern Kingdom is split into the three continents of Lordaeron (upper), Khaz Modan (middle) and Azeroth (lower), sometimes known as Azeroth Kingdom.

I think the manual even says that Azeroth is used both for the lower part of the EK and for the entire world, too. Whether this is running out of names or a bit of a continuity accident is anybody's guess.
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Sep 17 2005, 04:43 PM Wrote:I challenge your beardo points on a technicality. ;-)

The Eastern Kingdom is split into the three continents of Lordaeron (upper), Khaz Modan (middle) and Azeroth (lower), sometimes known as Azeroth Kingdom.

I think the manual even says that Azeroth is used both for the lower part of the EK and for the entire world, too.  Whether this is running out of names or a bit of a continuity accident is anybody's guess.
[right][snapback]89535[/snapback][/right]

However, the name Azeroth is rarely applied in the context of the human kingdom in WoW. The land is Azeroth, for sake of continuity from the earlier games, but the kingdom is Stormwind and regions are always talked about by their proper names (as they've essentially become small states unto themselves), never as a whole "Azeroth".

Azeroth = world in WoW and WC3

Azeroth = the Kingdom of Azeroth in WC1 and 2

By the way, does anyone know if the old WC1 and 2 campaigns were ever redone with the WC3 engine? I'd like to play through them again, but god the interfaces are horrible.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Thats one of the funniest mistakes I have seen by an MMO dev.