GG, Life, and WoW
So my condition has been discussed here before. It's not really any better, actually yesterday and today I haven't really been able to log on to WoW without attacks. #$%& happens.

However, it has come up that one of the few things in my life that I have ever done for myself is to write. (Yes I played 4 sports in high school was in band and orchestra, was editor of the yearbook and swam in college but that was generally never for me, I was doing it for someone else). I'm not a great write but you all know that I am comfortable slinging text around. :) Anyway, I'm starting to write again, and it seems a very healthy thing for me to do. Because of how I write and not really having any other schedule I will lose track of time and not really bother to stop myself from writing. I'm able to keep my chat stuff up and tal and others do know how to beep me on it so if I do sign up for a raid or something and just am not there it might be worth beeping me. It won't hurt to beep me if you guys are setting up something you think I might like as well. I may ignore it I may want to get in on it. Heck it might be perfect time as I'm up against a block.

This also means I might not be on the forums as much. I have an old old 16MB of memory laptop that can run a word processor but has no network card and there is a good chance that I might be using it for some of this as well so I can be where I want to be (sometimes some rooms in the house are not good for me to be in) and since I've always been a typewrite or computer writer, the click of the keys helps me focus. :)

So there is that. I'll see you around but I'm focusing on something positive in my life. Heck maybe I'll actually produce something that others like and be able to get a little income out of it while still being a shut in. :)

So that is that.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
As always you have my and Mrs Tal's love and support. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Glad to hear that you've found something to bring you happiness and some level of comfort. I wish you all the best and hope to see you around when you're feeling up to it :)

Much love for my favorite Gnome.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Good luck on the writing! Be sure to share some with us when you're ready. B)
Gnollguy,Sep 21 2005, 11:11 AM Wrote:I'm not a great write but you all know that I am comfortable slinging text around.  :) 
[right][snapback]89853[/snapback][/right]

No kidding? :)

An ironic typo.

You gotta do what makes you happy, and sometimes your hobbies need to get moved around in priority. I know I'm about to rearriange mine.
oldmandennis,Sep 21 2005, 04:35 PM Wrote:No kidding?  :)

An ironic typo.

You gotta do what makes you happy, and sometimes your hobbies need to get moved around in priority.  I know I'm about to rearriange mine.
[right][snapback]89861[/snapback][/right]

/cast Stonethrow (rank 1)

*Stonethrow (rank 1) Resisted!*

:P
oldmandennis,Sep 21 2005, 03:35 PM Wrote:No kidding?  :)

An ironic typo.

You gotta do what makes you happy, and sometimes your hobbies need to get moved around in priority.  I know I'm about to rearriange mine.
[right][snapback]89861[/snapback][/right]

That's not part of writing, that's part of editing. :) I'm not a great editor either. :P Was an ironic typo though. :)

I actually have had some short stories published in small time little local magazine deals so I've done well enough that other people were interested enough to read it. This isn't completely out of the blue. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Good for you, GG.

I hope that you find the comfort and progress that you're looking for. For many of us, writing can be an excellent way of expressing ourselves without having the risks of more interactive forms of communication. It has always been so for me, and I imagine that is is so for you.
Best of luck to you. We'll all be here for you if you need us.

Desolate Angel
Member of the Amazon Basin since OCt. 2000. Officer of the Amazon Basin on Stormrage

Stormrage:
Koryn - Human Priest - Level 60 Alchemist/Herbalist 300/300
Angelina - Gnome Rogue Dyngo - Human Mage Zoot - Human Warlock
Tichondrius:
Aurak - Troll Warrior Sivak - Troll Shaman Baaz - Tauren Hunter Gakhan - Undead Mage
I've been an editor for a small press magazine, so if you ever need something looked over... :whistling:

*hides the extra-large red pen*
Good luck GG in all you're doing. I'd second the request to get a peek at what you're writing too.
Good luck. We'll watch over things while you are away. I wrote several stories last year, and submitted them for publication, but none were accepted. Writing is definitely more productive than playing WoW; I applaud you.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Oooh ooh, do keep us posted about the writing.

Thank you for the tank tips'n'tricks talk we had awhile back, it helped a lot. :)
Tank for hire.
Taakal,Sep 23 2005, 01:23 AM Wrote:Oooh ooh, do keep us posted about the writing.

Thank you for the tank tips'n'tricks talk we had awhile back, it helped a lot. :)
[right][snapback]89961[/snapback][/right]

No doubt about that. For the short time I played my warrior, I followed the tips GG provided in various warrior threads, and was praised constantly. Apparently on my server decent tanks are so hard to come by, that I was wanted in EVERY GROUP EVER (kind of an exaggeration. But I did spend so much time in instances that a lot of my outdoors quests ended up going green and gray before I got to them). And some of the people I played with then actually re-rolled warriors, so that I could tell them how it's done, and they could go show even more people how a real tank works.

Which is awesome.