Lieutenant Doren, you are a marked man.
I had a great time at our very first Lurkers party on Terenas. We started off with dancing, fireworks, and a fashion show from Treesh. Her cute Tauren has several lovely outfits.

After being organized into a raid by the deadly warrior, Durambar, all 15 of us headed north through Stranglethorn Vale to the Rebel Camp. We proceeded to attack the camp, but eventually nearly all of us were butchered by ??Lieut. Doren. In a second wave we were able to isolate him from the rest of the camp, but dang it, we just could not kill him. In the words of Ahnold, we'll be back. We did of course kill off a number of alliance that had the misfortune to flag themselves PVP.

On we went into Westfall, followed all the way by a lone Alliance druid, who intermittently mouthed incomprehensible phrases, and no doubt announcing our approach to all Alliance in the area. Once we got to Sentinel Hill, the fun really began. Naturally we began killing off NPCs. There were a handful of Alliance players about; a few of them were foolhardy enough to attack us and meet a quick death. Soon, the Alliance began flying in. Of course that obliged us to murder the flight master and his griffins. As more and more alliance poured into the area we held our own. Eventually, however, we were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers, and we went down to defeat. There was a lot of talk about how somebody should get a screenshot, but I'm not sure if anybody actually did.

Once our PVP flags wore off, many Lurkers began dueling with the Alliance. In what I believe was the first duel Nashkara (Sir Diealot), our level 60 druid brought a level 60 alliance mage down to his gnomish knees. One of us was tricked by the Alliance during a duel into being reflagged PVP. Eventually an Alliance rogue in the mid 30s challenged Rogoll, my level 50 rogue to a duel. I accepted, and after entering stealth mode I noticed that the alliance rogue who had previously been PVE had now flagged himself PVP. The dastardly fellow wanted to get me flagged just so the dozens of alliance about could kill me. Now rogues are essentially sneaky and opportunistic so I couldn't really blame the fellow for trying. Since he tried to bring me down with a sneaky trick, I decided to turn the tables on him and pull off a sneaky trick of my own. I left the dueling area and forfeited the duel; then I snuck back in stealth mode, and killed him from behind with a one shot Ambush, vanished and sprinted away. Truth be told, it was a low-down dirty trick, but under the circumstances I felt totally justified.

The original plan had been to run the Deadmines after completing the raid on Sentinel Hill. However, there were no level appropriate Lurkers for the Deadmines, so our raid then broke up, and a bunch of us went off to run Gahrzilla in Zul'Farrak, followed by Maraudon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The winner of the contest was Vor Lord, who submitted the following joke:

A man goes to a reagent vendor to get some brain to complete a recipe. He sees a sign remarking on the quality of professional brain offered by this vendor. He begins to question the vendor about the cost of these brains.

"How much does it cost for mage brain?"

"Three silver per ounce."

"How much does it cost for warrior brain?"

"Four silver per ounce."

"How much for paladin brain?"

"1,000 gold per ounce."

"Why is paladin brain so much more?"

"Do you know how many paladins we had to kill to get one ounce of brain?" They're not easy to kill either (shield + hearth for the win)!

Kandrathe was a strong contender in the contest, but unfortunately for him, he didn't join the party and therefore was not eligible. I repost his joke here:

A Night Elf Druid, a Human Hunter with a Crocolisk pet, a Dwarf Engineer with Jumper Cables XL, and a very hungry Gnome walk into a bar tended by a fairy.

The night elf druid says, "I'll have ... a Dwarven Stout", the Hunter asks "Do you serve Paladin's here?", the Dwarf orders the daily special, and the Gnome orders a Kodo Burger.

The bartender looks suspiciously at the NE Druid as he hands him the stout and says "What's with the pause?" Then at the Dwarf as he gives him the special and says, '"Don't you be starting anything." Next to the Hunter, "Sure, we serve Paladins here.", and he gives the Gnome a huge Kodo Burger.

The Hunter then replies, "Good, I'll have a stout like my friend, and a Paladin for my Crocolisk." As it turns out the daily special came with two wishes. "What would you like for your first wish?", asked the bartender fairy. The Dwarf replied, "A mug of Ale that never goes dry". So the bartender fairy hands him a bottomless mug of ale and asks "And, for your next wish?" The Dwarf downs the ale in a big gulp, and says "Another."

And, the Gnome? Well it was hard to tell what he was thinking, what with him being a Goblin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a blast last night. I fully intend to return with some Lurkers when we are more appropriate levels, and kill ??Lieut. Doren. He is a marked man.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Sep 24 2005, 09:41 AM Wrote:I had a great time at our very first Lurkers party on Terenas.  We started off with dancing, fireworks, and a fashion show from Treesh.  Her cute Tauren has several lovely outfits.

I did get one bad (i.e. did not hide interface) screenshot of the fireworks. You can see the evidence of Durambar's serious drug habit as he is my current target.

[Image: fireworks.jpg]

Quote:After being organized into a raid by the deadly warrior, Durambar, all 15 of us headed north through Stranglethorn Vale to the Rebel Camp.  We proceeded to attack the camp, but eventually nearly all of us were butchered by ??Lieut. Doren. 

He was one nasty fellow! An intimidating shout with no cooldown, and a nasty intercept attack that he used constantly. Combine that with the fact that only two of us (Nashkara and Gorthag) were level 60, and the fact that enough Alliance showed up the second time we took him on to keep others busy, we just didn't get it done.

As far as our Westfall raid, I must tip my hat to our opposition. Before reinforcements showed up, the low levels gamely (and vainly) engaged. Retribution by the Alliance was swift and brutal, as our numbers and levels were quite insufficient.

[Image: defeat.jpg]

Good fun though!
See I thought running around in BRD to get a quest done (damn wipe that I could have recovered us from if I would have locked the action bars and not moved my cleanse and heal spell around thus screwing me up....) you could have had Marn there for him. Meowry could have tanked him for at least 15 seconds with Bestial Wrath and prehaps we would have fared better, but noooo I've become too much alliance scum for that.

It was a good time. We are a small group but we do good work. I know for many that was the first time they had ever been in a raid at all and well we learned that you need to stick close to your healers in a chaotic PvP setting like that. :)

But yeah with most of us being upper 40's or low 50's we did well. I know I saw a few L60's die to my cat and my bow. Though I quite enjoyed it when I was heading back to Tanaris via the Crossroads and surprise surprise the X-roads were under attack. So I decided to help defend. Well some L60 rogue cheap shotted me but seemed to not know about the new pets. I quite enjoyed an enrage Meowry tearing that little rogue to pieces. :) Yep an L54 beastmaster pet ate an L60 Night Elf rogue thanks to bestial wrath. I think I only landed about 3 hits with my swords after I got out of stun. Oh and intimidation stuns from the pet rock in PvP. :)

It was fun destroying Ghaz once again afterwards too! :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Oh, yes. Erny the level 12 priest, who you can see in the bottom of the picture. Challenged me to a duel, and, being 17 levels ahead of him, killed him without using anything but "attack".

Then, he did it again.

Then, he started challenging higher level characters.

Good times had by all. Must do it again sometime.

-Jester
I liked when we first got there the lone 60 who ran for his poor life... He was doing a great job of it too but Nash would have none of that running stuff. Nature's swiftness+roots FTW. :lol: Makes me miss the old TM/SS days when Nash was pathetically under leveled but would still turn the tide of war be sticking zergs who strayed too far from their pack to the ground and letting more seasoned characters beat them down.
It was fun, if chaotic. I snagged a few screenshots, but they are about the same as vor_lord's pic. About 20-35 Alliance hanging around a lot of dead Horde players, taken after we were clearly defeated, and another one showing the crowd of Alliance players that Treesh's fashion show (she gave another one after our defeat) gathered. Unfortunately, I went for scope of players in my shot, and you really can't make her out unless you know what you're looking for.

Some memorable moments for me were when we first came over the hill at Sentinel Hill, there was an already flagged pally right there. I'm not sure why he was flagged, as it didn't appear to be to engage us in a valiant yet vain fight, considering he tried bolting at first sight of 15 flagged Horde moving his way. Unfortunately for him, he was the closest hostile target to me, and within charge range. I quickly turned him into easy rage as he was nearly an insta-kill. Not even a bubble to upset me or break my stride. He felt wronged by this ruthless act (he was 17, I was 51) and took his time to pay me back. Several minutes later in the fight, after Flight Master Thor was killed and there was considerable Alliance opposition, he returned to Hammer of Justice smack me while I was contending with several other alliance players. He proceeded to flee again in the same motion that got him in range to hit me, but the stun (it did stun me, I did not resist it) did not give him enough time to leave intercept range, and his friends were not powerful enough to kill me either. He met with another quick death at my hands, followed by his friends, though I'm sure I had help with them. I have to give him credit, he used what skills he could to make an impact on the fight at a good time, but I've played enough in the Battlegrounds that pallies get no quarter from me.

I also remember the first level 60 (a mage) alliance fighting nearly alone at the start. Sir_Die_alot recounts his first death, but I had a nearly 1 vs. 1 fight with him later on. It was a brutal fight for both of us, as I broke his first frost nova with my Grunt trinket, he then burned coldsnap to get another frost nova on me. I got in some big hits on his squishy frame, and even cared enough to drink a pot to try and bring him down. Sadly, the last details are fuzzy. I know that the winner had friends show up right at the end to tip the scales of victory. I'm pretty sure I had the help and came out on top, perhaps someone can recall saving my boney butt.

It was a lot of fun, and will have to do this again in the future.

It is good to die with friends...
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
bonemage,Sep 25 2005, 03:35 PM Wrote:I also remember the first level 60 (a mage) alliance fighting nearly alone at the start.  Sir_Die_alot recounts his first death, but I had a nearly 1 vs. 1 fight with him later on.  It was a brutal fight for both of us, as I broke his first frost nova with my Grunt trinket, he then burned coldsnap to get another frost nova on me.  I got in some big hits on his squishy frame, and even cared enough to drink a pot to try and bring him down.  Sadly, the last details are fuzzy.  I know that the winner had friends show up right at the end to tip the scales of victory.  I'm pretty sure I had the help and came out on top, perhaps someone can recall saving my boney butt.
[right][snapback]90150[/snapback][/right]

I spotted him a little after you (I think he was healing up after a rez) and charged over there to see you were already engaged. I showed up when both of you were at less than half health (I don't know what transpired up to that point). You were saying on TS "I got seperated, I'm all alone."

When I got over the ridge and saw you engaging him, I fully expected to be sheeped while he finished you off. (I had my finger on the silence button but it's hard to nail a 1.5 second cast spell, even if it isn't resisted at -11). I didn't want to waste my silence on anything else, as I was hoping (and it might have been true) that he didn't know I was there and a silence would surely reveal the presence of a priest. As far as I know he didn't try to sheep me, and I was left unmolested to heal you while you brought him down. He died and I followed you back into the fray.

That's when I noticed I'd been on mute since Grom'Gol :o , so you never heard my announcement of support.

Given that I healed you for about 2800 points of health (4 flash heals) before he died, I think it's safe to assume he would have got the better of you without my help, but he did have 9 levels on you. It was only us two involved, so the damage was all yours (I may have thrown in a sw:p but it's unlikely it landed if so).

It was shortly after that when we were obliterated by the waves of reinforcements.
Alram,Sep 24 2005, 11:41 AM Wrote:I had a great time at our very first Lurkers party on Terenas.  We started off with dancing, fireworks, and a fashion show from Treesh.  Her cute Tauren has several lovely outfits.

After being organized into a raid by the deadly warrior, Durambar, all 15 of us headed north through Stranglethorn Vale to the Rebel Camp.  We proceeded to attack the camp, but eventually nearly all of us were butchered by ??Lieut. Doren.  In a second wave we were able to isolate him from the rest of the camp, but dang it, we just could not kill him.  In the words of Ahnold, we'll be back.  We did of course kill off a number of alliance that had the misfortune to flag themselves PVP.

On we went into Westfall, followed all the way by a lone Alliance druid, who intermittently mouthed incomprehensible phrases, and no doubt announcing our approach to all Alliance in the area.  Once we got to Sentinel Hill, the fun really began.  Naturally we began killing off NPCs.  There were a handful of  Alliance players about; a few of them were foolhardy enough to attack us and meet a quick death.  Soon, the Alliance began flying in. Of course that obliged us to murder the flight master and his griffins. As more and more alliance poured into the area we held our own.  Eventually, however, we were overwhelmed by the sheer numbers, and we went down to defeat.  There was a lot of talk about how somebody should get a screenshot, but I'm not sure if anybody actually did.

Once our PVP flags wore off, many Lurkers began dueling with the Alliance.  In what I believe was the first duel Nashkara (Sir Diealot), our level 60 druid brought a level 60 alliance mage down to his gnomish knees.  One of us was tricked by the Alliance during a duel into being reflagged PVP.  Eventually an Alliance rogue in the mid 30s challenged Rogoll, my level 50 rogue to a duel.  I accepted, and after entering stealth mode I noticed that the alliance rogue who had previously been PVE had now flagged himself PVP.  The dastardly fellow wanted to get me flagged just so the dozens of alliance about could kill me.  Now rogues are essentially sneaky and opportunistic so I couldn't really blame the fellow for trying.  Since he tried to bring me down with a sneaky trick, I decided to turn the tables on him and pull off a sneaky trick of my own.  I left the dueling area and forfeited the duel; then I snuck back in stealth mode, and killed him from behind with a one shot Ambush, vanished and sprinted away.  Truth be told, it was a low-down dirty trick, but under the circumstances I felt totally justified.

The original plan had been to run the Deadmines after completing the raid on Sentinel Hill.  However, there were no level appropriate Lurkers for the Deadmines, so our raid then broke up, and a bunch of us went off to run Gahrzilla in Zul'Farrak, followed by Maraudon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The winner of the contest was Vor Lord, who submitted the following joke:

A man goes to a reagent vendor to get some brain to complete a recipe. He sees a sign remarking on the quality of professional brain offered by this vendor. He begins to question the vendor about the cost of these brains.

"How much does it cost for mage brain?"

"Three silver per ounce."

"How much does it cost for warrior brain?"

"Four silver per ounce."

"How much for paladin brain?"

"1,000 gold per ounce."

"Why is paladin brain so much more?"

"Do you know how many paladins we had to kill to get one ounce of brain?" They're not easy to kill either (shield + hearth for the win)!

Kandrathe was a strong contender in the contest, but unfortunately for him, he didn't join the party and therefore was not eligible.  I repost his joke here:

A Night Elf Druid, a Human Hunter with a Crocolisk pet, a Dwarf Engineer with Jumper Cables XL, and a very hungry Gnome walk into a bar tended by a fairy.

The night elf druid says, "I'll have ... a Dwarven Stout",  the Hunter asks "Do you serve Paladin's here?", the Dwarf orders the daily special, and the Gnome orders a Kodo Burger.

The bartender looks suspiciously at the NE Druid as he hands him the stout and says "What's with the pause?" Then at the Dwarf as he gives him the special and says, '"Don't you be starting anything."  Next to the Hunter, "Sure, we serve Paladins here.", and he gives the Gnome a huge Kodo Burger.

The Hunter then replies, "Good, I'll have a stout like my friend, and a Paladin for my Crocolisk."  As it turns out the daily special came with two wishes.  "What would you like for your first wish?", asked the bartender fairy.  The Dwarf replied, "A mug of Ale that never goes dry". So the bartender fairy hands him a bottomless mug of ale and asks "And, for your next wish?"  The Dwarf downs the ale in a big gulp, and says "Another."

And, the Gnome?  Well it was hard to tell what he was thinking, what with him being a Goblin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had a blast last night.  I fully intend to return with some Lurkers when we are more appropriate levels, and kill ??Lieut. Doren.  He is a marked man.
[right][snapback]90101[/snapback][/right]
I too had fun, but I'm suspicious I had the fewest amount of Alliance kills in the group of those of us who are in the upper 40's, lower 50's range. Although, early in the Sentinel Hill raid, I did run past a level 8 gnome of some sort, and I believe I one hit WingClipped hiim down, but I'm not certain. I was running by, and I may have just stepped on him. Not a very honorable kill, slashing a level 8 when you're level 51, but he was there, and flagged, so I slashed. lol I must have irritated him sufficiently that for most of the rest of the evening I was corpse-camped by 2 60 pallys and a 60 rogue. So I spent the majority of the raid in ghost form. lol Alas, it was enjoyable, even if I did pick up 2 dishonorable kills.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
VoiceMan,Sep 26 2005, 02:38 PM Wrote:I too had fun, but I'm suspicious I had the fewest amount of Alliance kills in the group of those of us who are in the upper 40's, lower 50's range.&nbsp; Although, early in the Sentinel Hill raid, I did run past a level 8 gnome of some sort, and I believe I one hit WingClipped hiim down, but I'm not certain.&nbsp; I was running by, and I may have just stepped on him.&nbsp; Not a very honorable kill, slashing a level 8 when you're level 51, but he was there, and flagged, so I slashed.&nbsp; lol&nbsp; I must have irritated him sufficiently that for most of the rest of the evening I was corpse-camped by 2 60 pallys and a 60 rogue.&nbsp; So I spent the majority of the raid in ghost form.&nbsp; lol Alas, it was enjoyable, even if I did pick up 2 dishonorable kills.
[right][snapback]90238[/snapback][/right]
I'd be quite happy to have 2 DKs from that night. Setting off a demo shout in the middle of the rebel camp got me DKs for every civilian that got killed there, though I didn't strike any. 5 was my total for that evening's fun, more than anyone in the raid if I'm not mistaken.

I have no remorse for killing any of the lower level players that died by my hand, including those that required me to only shift my weight. No one baited, taunted or tricked them into flagging. We did no spitting or slapping or other such taunting in the entire raid that I recall, I know I didn't do any. I did cannibalize for health, not to taunt. The closest thing to griefing we did was the killing of the flight master. This is a PvE server, and NO ONE needed to do more than watch if that was what they chose to do. Perhaps that poor level 17 pally I killed right at the start of the Sentinel Hill battle was flagging for his very first time just to see what it was like or what it did, and he had no idea that 15 horde were over the next hill. However, the most harm we could have done to any player even accidently/ignorantly flagged was 5 minutes of standing around as a ghost, and even if it was by mistake, could be easily chalked up to as a lesson well learned, without any serious amounts of frustration.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight