Instant Transport
Yesterday I was finishing up some Jadefire grinding and I had right-clicked the Gryphon rider from Felwood and had just clicked on the Winterspring link, when a person in my party opened a trade window. The window closed instanly and I was standing by the Winterspring griffon rider. No flight time.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

You could get the same effect by having a snowball thrown at you while you you were in flight. I don't know if that was fixed once they released the leather balls though.
Is this anything like the superspeed flights when speed bugged? That is, when you land, are you able to go about your business, or are you stuck there until you SHOULD be landing?
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Sep 27 2005, 01:44 PM Wrote:Is this anything like the superspeed flights when speed bugged?  That is, when you land, are you able to go about your business, or are you stuck there until you SHOULD be landing?
[right][snapback]90309[/snapback][/right]
Nope. More like Samantha on Bewitched, wiggle nose and *twinkle* *twinkle* *twink* you are there.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Xanthix,Sep 26 2005, 04:14 PM Wrote:You could get the same effect by having a snowball thrown at you while you you were in flight. I don't know if that was fixed once they released the leather balls though.
[right][snapback]90218[/snapback][/right]
During Christmas time, a friend of mine and threw snowballs at each other right after one of us launched a gryphon. We never had any instant transport happen though. The snowball would just follow us all the way until we landed, then it would hit us. Fun to watch. :)
The error occurred on line -1.
Zippyy,Sep 28 2005, 09:23 AM Wrote:During Christmas time, a friend of mine and threw snowballs at each other right after one of us launched a gryphon.  We never had any instant transport happen though.  The snowball would just follow us all the way until we landed, then it would hit us.  Fun to watch. :)
[right][snapback]90387[/snapback][/right]
Speaking of which, el Zippo, you know the quest in Uldaman's exterior where you get to watch Hammertoe Grez die? Out pops a little sprite, representative of his spirit, that follows you around. Once it touches you, it dissipates.

I've amused myself at times by constantly running away from this sprite, and never letting it touch me. I've never tried just running away from it for a *really* long distance, like, say, running over to Thelsamar and grabbing a flight path elsewhere to see if an hour later the sprite finally meets back up with me again (it moves pretty slowly). It would be hilarious to be sitting around in Ironforge only to see the Sprite of Doom come for you out of the blue. Especially if other clients see it too, and wonder "WTF is that?"

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Bolty,Sep 28 2005, 03:13 PM Wrote:Speaking of which, el Zippo, you know the quest in Uldaman's exterior where you get to watch Hammertoe Grez die?  Out pops a little sprite, representative of his spirit, that follows you around.  Once it touches you, it dissipates.

I've amused myself at times by constantly running away from this sprite, and never letting it touch me.  I've never tried just running away from it for a *really* long distance, like, say, running over to Thelsamar and grabbing a flight path elsewhere to see if an hour later the sprite finally meets back up with me again (it moves pretty slowly).  It would be hilarious to be sitting around in Ironforge only to see the Sprite of Doom come for you out of the blue.  Especially if other clients see it too, and wonder "WTF is that?"

-Bolty
[right][snapback]90432[/snapback][/right]

You're a sick man, Bolty, but I think I like it! ROFL!
:D
--Mav
Bolty,Sep 28 2005, 04:13 PM Wrote:Speaking of which, el Zippo, you know the quest in Uldaman's exterior where you get to watch Hammertoe Grez die?  Out pops a little sprite, representative of his spirit, that follows you around.  Once it touches you, it dissipates.

I've amused myself at times by constantly running away from this sprite, and never letting it touch me.  I've never tried just running away from it for a *really* long distance, like, say, running over to Thelsamar and grabbing a flight path elsewhere to see if an hour later the sprite finally meets back up with me again (it moves pretty slowly).  It would be hilarious to be sitting around in Ironforge only to see the Sprite of Doom come for you out of the blue.  Especially if other clients see it too, and wonder "WTF is that?"

-Bolty
[right][snapback]90432[/snapback][/right]

Best yet, do it with a hunter and do Feign Death when it hits you.