Let The Trolling Begin!
Doc, you now have completely ruined my mind's eye view of how I guess Ghostiger looks.

I think that's the best joke I've seen all month.

I'd wish you a new kitchen gadget to cook with but the "well seasoned" ones always make the food come out better.

EDIT: We could turn this into a thread with images of how we think other lurkers look. Remember it should all be in good fun, nothing too hurtfull, lewd etc...
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Sep 28 2005, 09:47 PM Wrote:Doc, you now have completely ruined my mind's eye view of how I guess Ghostiger looks.

I think that's the best joke I've seen all month.

I'd wish you a new kitchen gadget to cook with but the "well seasoned" ones always make the food come out better.

EDIT: We could turn this into a thread with images of how we think other lurkers look.  Remember it should all be in good fun, nothing too hurtfull, lewd etc...
[right][snapback]90464[/snapback][/right]

I know how you look in my mind's eye.

[Image: pdLHMUP0002.jpg]
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Im bald/shaved scalp.
Ghostiger,Sep 28 2005, 09:55 PM Wrote:Im bald/shaved scalp.
[right][snapback]90466[/snapback][/right]

That would make you Doctor Bunson Honeydew then, right there behind Jahcs.
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
I love everyone here :wub:
Doc,Sep 28 2005, 06:53 PM Wrote:I know how you look in my mind's eye.

[right][snapback]90465[/snapback][/right]

Nonsense, my wife is much more accident prone than I am - *glances over shoulder*

I guess if you threw them both in a vat of ectoplasmic goo and formed an amalgam of the contents you wouldn't be too far off. :whistling:
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
Doc,Sep 28 2005, 08:37 AM Wrote:Well, the last post of this nature turned out entirely too serious and wound up feeling like an afterschool special at the end.
[right][snapback]90383[/snapback][/right]
That is because the only way to troll a troll thread is to act serious. Seriously! :D And... admit it... you did learn something.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Doc,Sep 28 2005, 09:53 PM Wrote:I know how you look in my mind's eye.

[right][snapback]90465[/snapback][/right]
Sometimes I picture Doc as....

[Image: LOTRUrkhaiDreds.gif]

...only with a big handgun instead of an Urakhai sword.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

kandrathe,Sep 28 2005, 11:19 PM Wrote:Sometimes I picture Doc as....
[Image: LOTRUrkhaiDreds.gif]

...only with a big handgun instead of an Urakhai sword.
[right][snapback]90473[/snapback][/right]

That is perhaps, the single most flattering thing anybody has ever said about me.

:wub:
All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Bolty, at home:
[Image: pikachu.jpg]

Bolty vs. the spammer:
[Image: houndoompikachu_215.gif]
The Bill of No Rights
DeeBye,Sep 28 2005, 09:03 PM Wrote:I love everyone here  :wub:
[right][snapback]90468[/snapback][/right]

OK, you're cut off until tomorrow night, no more LaBatt's for you! I'll call you a cab.

Deebye, you are a cab! :P

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Sep 29 2005, 11:29 AM Wrote:OK, you're cut off until tomorrow night, no more LaBatt's for you!  I'll call you a cab.   

Deebye, you are a cab!  :P

Occhi
[right][snapback]90495[/snapback][/right]

Gib beer ama.
Lately, this place has been filled mostly with garbage posts. Why post in a thread dedicated to nothing but crap? Do you people want to turn this place into just another brainless forum, 'cause this is where it's heading. STOP POSTING CRAP! STOP REPLYING TO CRAP!!!! Now, I realise that some people can't help but post garbage. For those others who are capable of more, IGNORE THE TROLLS AND MORONS!!! Don't feed them, either. This thread should have been over after at most 5-6 posts. Why is it still going strong? Have you people suddenly taken a drink from the stupid bottle?

Bleh, pathetic.

-A

ps. Tal, this is not directed at you personally, but to everyone in general.
This particular forum usually has some pretty meaty discussions about anything from morality, to science, to politics. I see nothing wrong with a little "fluff" every now and again. It lightens the mood and helps with a little member rebonding.

Ashock,

My question is which is worse, a little light-hearted banter, or hardcore flaming of half the active posters? Calling people trolls, morons, and pathetic is pretty much taking the "low road", IMHO.
Signature? What do you mean?
Any1,Sep 29 2005, 04:19 PM Wrote:This particular forum usually has some pretty meaty discussions about anything from morality, to science, to politics.  I see nothing wrong with a little "fluff" every now and again.  It lightens the mood and helps with a little member rebonding. 
[right][snapback]90566[/snapback][/right]

As long as the fluff is kept to a thread or two I see no problem. Now if the spam starts invading other discussions then we have a problem.

There was a very popular thread started by DeeBye a while back that was nothing but generic nonspecific replies that made much fun of typical Lurker banter. I believe it was called 'generic lurker lounge thread' or somesuch.

This thread is one of those off topic threads that may not have started with a society altering subject but it has evolved into a place to take your shoes off, let down your hair and relax.
The Bill of No Rights
// Don't mind me .... I'm here to wave and flirt w/ Griselda :P //

Cthulu for president !!! :lol:

Oh , and add me to the Gib Beer Ama list

.... and another thing , threads like these follow my stream of conscious thought perfectly ..... :whistling:
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
I have been fasting and drinking a cleansing herbal drink made from a secret blends of herbs, lemon juice, whole pulped aloe, and a type of tree sap. Oh yeah. Fermented fungal bits as well. Kombucha. Mmm. Fermented Kombucha juice.

I got a flow of something... But it's not from my consciousness. I can't stop peeing. And there are echoey sounds from the clackity clack of the keyboard.

Well, maybe it is from my consciousness. I keep seeing swirly colours from the letters on the screen as they appear when I type.

Badgers badgers badgers MUSHROOM MUSHROOM.

All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
Ok, if you people can't see that this place is rapidly going downhill due to increased swine to pearl ratio, then enjoy.

No skin off my back.

-A
Ashock,Sep 29 2005, 09:51 PM Wrote:Ok, if you people can't see that this place is rapidly going downhill due to increased swine to pearl ratio, then enjoy.

No skin off my back.
-A
[right][snapback]90572[/snapback][/right]

We can't always be serious man. Some times, we gotta let it all hang out on occasion and just blow off steam, laugh, giggle, and do our thing.

Is that a bumblebee I keep hearing?

If you would like, go make a very serious thread of whatever topic you desire, and I will be there to answer in a serious and businesslike fashion.

Man, sounds like a whole hive of bees.

Just pick out a topic worthy of debate and I will be there to bat the issue around with you. If it means that much to you, stop talking and start doing. So far, you haven't contributed anything postive to this thread, all you have done is add more to the swine ratio. So let's fix that hombre.

All alone, or in twos,
Some hand in hand
Make their stand.

"Isn't this where...."
That was not aimed at me, Doc, but I have to respond.

Quote:We can't always be serious man. Some times, we gotta let it all hang out on occasion and just blow off steam, laugh, giggle, and do our thing.

Sadly, Doc, for you, that is ALL the time, of late. You seem, as Gris suggested, to be treating this place like your very own sandbox, and flinging sand at every other resident.

Quote:Is that a bumblebee I keep hearing?

No, that is the sound of your own pride, buzzing so loud you cannot hear anything else.

Quote:If you would like, go make a very serious thread of whatever topic you desire, and I will be there to answer in a serious and businesslike fashion.

Actions speak louder than buzzing, Doc. Too small an offer, and too late.

Quote:Man, sounds like a whole hive of bees.

Yep. So loud you cannot hear the voice of reason anymore.

Quote:Just pick out a topic worthy of debate and I will be there to bat the issue around with you. If it means that much to you, stop talking and start doing. So far, you haven't contributed anything postive to this thread, all you have done is add more to the swine ratio. So let's fix that hombre.

Seems to me that the one that has to stop doing is you, Doc.

You are very lucky that Griselda is the patient woman she is, Doc. I would not be so patient. Or is that your game after all? *How far can Doc push before he gets banned and has the joy of stomping off in high dudgeon?*
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake