Druid subtlety + Salvation
This question came up on the official blizzard forum, and since then ive been wondering about it. I always assumed the druid threat-reducing talent subtlety (up to -20% threat caused by healing spells) stacks with the paladin's blessing of salvation. I have no idea if this is actually true, and neither is anyone at the blizz forum.

So the question would be: Do druid subtlety and BoS stack? And if so how? Does a druid with 5/5 subtlety and a BoS on him cause 50% less threat with his healing spells?

Thx for the help, would be nice to know this for the next patch :rolleyes:
Guus,Oct 1 2005, 08:12 AM Wrote:This question came up on the official blizzard forum, and since then ive been wondering about it. I always assumed the druid threat-reducing talent subtlety (up to -20% threat caused by healing spells) stacks with the paladin's blessing of salvation. I have no idea if this is actually true, and neither is anyone at the blizz forum.

So the question would be: Do druid subtlety and BoS stack? And if so how? Does a druid with 5/5 subtlety and a BoS on him cause 50% less threat with his healing spells?

Thx for the help, would be nice to know this for the next patch  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]90692[/snapback][/right]

I don't have test data but it's my belief that only the highest value of any of the threat reducing skills is in effect for any class.

So a druid with salvation will have 30% reduction and without it can have up to 20%. Same for priests, same for acrane subtlety they will have 40% reduction and salvation will do them no good.

So how can we test this?

Have a paladin and a druid go somewhere where you have mobs of the same level and same type that you can easily seperate. Have the paladin hit the mob (unarmed might be nice for an even damage range) for a bit and track the damage. Then have the druid heal till they pull aggro and see how much healing it took to pull aggro. Repeat this 10 times to get a nice baseline.

Then do it with salvation up. If you can find another druid who doesn't have the talent at all try it with them too.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Oct 1 2005, 03:13 PM Wrote:I don't have test data but it's my belief that only the highest value of any of the threat reducing skills is in effect for any class.

So a druid with salvation will have 30% reduction and without it can have up to 20%.  Same for priests, same for acrane subtlety they will have 40% reduction and salvation will do them no good.

So how can we test this?

Have a paladin and a druid go somewhere where you have mobs of the same level and same type that you can easily seperate.  Have the paladin hit the mob (unarmed might be nice for an even damage range) for a bit and track the damage.  Then have the druid heal till they pull aggro and see how much healing it took to pull aggro.  Repeat this 10 times to get a nice baseline.

Then do it with salvation up.  If you can find another druid who doesn't have the talent at all try it with them too.
[right][snapback]90696[/snapback][/right]

Exactly how i was planning on testing it this evening (Im at work now), if nobody knew for sure. If I can find a pala and a druid without the talent I will surely try and post here. Was also thinking off getting everyone naked to avoid differences in +healing and reduce the chance of crits, thx tho, Im getting quite curious now :lol:
My assumption has always been that the effects would be additive, since most WoW effects are additive rather than multiplicative. That is, the spells would cause -70% less threat. I have no proof of this, however.
We had a busy night (downed Vael, first try on broodlord :D ) so I couldnt find any druid without subtlety, will try tomorrow, since nobody seems to know this for sure.
Guus,Oct 1 2005, 09:45 PM Wrote:We had a busy night (downed Vael, first try on broodlord  :D ) so I couldnt find any druid without subtlety, will try tomorrow, since nobody seems to know this for sure.
[right][snapback]90730[/snapback][/right]

my 50 druid is about as subtle as a bull in a china shop. but, I'm on stormrage so if someone there wants to test it I'm game
I still havent had a chance to test it because the only druid in our guild w/o subtlety is kinda lazy, but I did send it a ticket, and the reply was kind of surprising, and im not entirely sure if i should take this for granted :huh:
[Image: subtletybos.jpg]