1.8 Feral Druid Respec?
How would you respec this (mostly soloing) feral combat focused Druid in patch 1.8, incl. the new top tier talent "Leader of the Pack" (+3% crit chance)?

Quote:WOW Feral Combat focused Druid as of Patch 1.7

Feral Combat (22 points)

Ferocity 5/5

Sharpened Claws 5/5

Improved Prowl 5/5

Feral Charge 1/1

Predatory Strikes 5/5

Feline Swiftness 1/1

Restoration (21 points)

Improved Mark of the Wild 5/5

Furor 5/5

Nature's Focus 5/5

Improved Rejuvenation 5/5

Nature's Swiftness 1/1

Balances (8 points)

Nature's Grasps/Improved Nature's Grasp 5/5

Swiftshifting 3/3
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Oct 6 2005, 01:04 PM Wrote:How would you respec this (mostly soloing) feral combat focused Druid in patch 1.8, incl. the new top tier talent "Leader of the Pack" (+3% crit chance)?
[right][snapback]91242[/snapback][/right]

THis is what I'm looking at:

Balance Talents - 9 points

Improved Wrath - rank 5/5
Natural Weapons - rank 4/5

Feral Combat Talents - 31 points

Ferocity - rank 5/5
Feral Instinct - rank 5/5
Brutal Impact - rank 2/2
Feline Swiftness - rank 2/2
Feral Charge - rank 1/1
Sharpened Claws - rank 3/3
Predatory Strikes - rank 3/3
Blood Frenzy - rank 1/2
Savage Fury - rank 2/2
Faerie Fire (Feral) - rank 1/1
Heart of the Wild - rank 5/5
Leader of the Pack - rank 1/1

Restoration Talents - 11 points

Furor - rank 5/5
Nature's Focus - rank 5/5
Insect Swarm - rank 1/1

I could move a few points around to get Improved Shred or sacrifice Insect Swarm for Omen of Clarity, but I figure I'll want to try out Insect Swarm more than I want the 2% extra damage. A more strictly Feral build would lose Nature's Focus and Insect Swarm and pick up OoC and Natural Shifting for the 14/32/5 build.

Eventually, I'll probably respec back into healbot configuration, but this could be a fun spec.

At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
I'm thinking of this spec:

Balance Talents - 14 points

Nature's Grasp rank 1/1

Improved Nature's Grasp rank 4/4

Natural Weapons rank 5/5

Improved Thorns rank 3/3

Omen of Clarity rank 1/1

Feral Combat Talents - 37 points

Ferocity rank 5/5

Feral Instinct rank 5/5

Brutal Impact rank 2/2

Thick Hide rank 5/5

Feral Charge rank 1/1

Sharpened Claws rank 3/3

Predatory Strikes rank 3/3

Blood Frenzy rank 2/2

Primal Fury rank 2/2

Savage Fury rank 2/2

Faerie Fire (Feral) rank 1/1

Heart of the Wild rank 5/5

Leader of the Pack rank 1/1

Intended to maximise my instance tanking ability. I think the 14 in Balance are important - while tier 1 is pure junk to this build, Natural Weapons gives both threat and rage generation, Omen of Clarity gives free specials and thorns is free AOE dps (and therefore threat) so long as I can hold aggro.
I'm not sure of the choice between Nature's Grasp and Improved Wrath. Both are useless to an instance tank. Blood Frenzy is superflous when tanking but very useful if I'm instead in a damage role and it's only two points.
I'd like Furor, Improved Enrage and Improved MOTW from restoration but don't have the points. I figure that in a long fight Furor and Improved Enrage are each roughly equivalent to a an OOC proc and taking these talents would mean missing out on Natural Weapons and Thorns. Not being able to shift-feral charge does hurt.