:boggle: Maybe the expansion list not all wrong
I was working on my druid this morning in Desolace when the Flayed Demon Skin dropped. It seems like a standard quest starting item, but the thing that dropped my jaw was that it required "Horde - Neutral"

:blink: :blink:

I took a screenie, but forgot to post it before I got to work, will do tonight or tomorrow.
oldmandennis,Oct 12 2005, 01:20 PM Wrote:I was working on my druid this morning in Desolace when the Flayed Demon Skin dropped.  It seems like a standard quest starting item, but the thing that dropped my jaw was that it required "Horde - Neutral"

:blink:  :blink:

I took a screenie, but forgot to post it before I got to work, will do tonight or tomorrow.
[right][snapback]91806[/snapback][/right]
That is a fix. It used to drop and would allow Alliance to accept the quest. Trouble was, the NPC you talk to is horde rather than alliance. The "neutral" part is probably because of the issue with undead starting out as neutral to the rest of the horde.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Oct 12 2005, 12:05 PM Wrote:The "neutral" part is probably because of the issue with undead starting out as neutral to the rest of the horde.
[right][snapback]91826[/snapback][/right]

I really don't think so. If you look at your faction screen, the undead are still part of the horde. It also doesn't mention anything about rep. Has anyone seen an item that requires "Horde - Neutral" any time before the patch?
oldmandennis,Oct 12 2005, 03:10 PM Wrote:I really don't think so.  If you look at your faction screen, the undead are still part of the horde.  It also doesn't mention anything about rep.  Has anyone seen an item that requires "Horde - Neutral" any time before the patch?
[right][snapback]91827[/snapback][/right]
Yes, the undead are still part of the horde, but if you set it to Horde Friendly rather than Neutral, do you just look at one part of the horde or the whole horde? So an undead who hasn't bothered to hit the other continent too much and is still neutral with Thunderbluff, Orgrimmar and the trolls rather than friendly be able to get the quest? That's why it's set to neutral. Or at least why I think so. This doesn't mean that there may not be another faction added in the expansion, but this one change really doesn't point to there actually being another faction added in or getting cross faction rep between horde and alliance. To me, it just points to a quest fix.
Intolerant monkey.
oldmandennis,Oct 12 2005, 02:20 PM Wrote:I was working on my druid this morning in Desolace when the Flayed Demon Skin dropped.  It seems like a standard quest starting item, but the thing that dropped my jaw was that it required "Horde - Neutral"

:blink:  :blink:

[right][snapback]91806[/snapback][/right]

Thott has been updated to show both skins now. Your link is to the old one. Here is the new link.
http://www.thottbot.com/?i=52132
Treesh,Oct 12 2005, 01:05 PM Wrote:That is a fix.  It used to drop and would allow Alliance to accept the quest.  Trouble was, the NPC you talk to is horde rather than alliance.  The "neutral" part is probably because of the issue with undead starting out as neutral to the rest of the horde.
[right][snapback]91826[/snapback][/right]
Agreed. This is much like the Centaurs quest requiring Gelkis/Friendly. It's saying you have to be at least neutral with the horde to get this quest, language likely in place because of the undead starting reputation.

Reading this to say "You get to play goblins now!" is probably really overanticipating. It's possible, but I'd be much quicker to buy "Blizz worded it awkwardly" over "Blizz is giving a super-secret-subtle hit about the 2.0 content in a Paul-is-Dead fashion".
Promised screen shots

Before you start the quest

[Image: after%20quest.jpg]

After you start the quest

[Image: after%20quest1.jpg]

savaughn,Oct 12 2005, 03:11 PM Wrote:Agreed.  This is much like the Centaurs quest requiring Gelkis/Friendly.  It's saying you have to be at least neutral with the horde to get this quest, language likely in place because of the undead starting reputation.

Reading this to say "You get to play goblins now!" is probably really overanticipating.  It's possible, but I'd be much quicker to buy "Blizz worded it awkwardly" over "Blizz is giving a super-secret-subtle hit about the 2.0 content in a Paul-is-Dead fashion".
[right][snapback]91859[/snapback][/right]

Ehh, its all speculation, so I woln't do it any more after this.

I don't think its the same as rep. Also, the horde is not one faction, its a group and everyone is friendly with part of the group.

And I never said it was a deliberate hint. In the past, Blizz has screwed up item ID's and other things, including giving people free legendaries IIRC.