V/T in D1?
I was thinking of making a character a lot like the V/T in Diablo II. Except, obviously, there's no FoH or smite, but the principle would be the same. A weapon choice might be a sword with knockback, and either lightning or flash would stun the subject enough, no? Perhaps royal circlet and najs light plate. SS would be a good shield idea. To get a warrior's energy up high enough, you would need rings (I forget the suffixes) that add energy, and ammy the same.

If this works, it would've been a good idea to have come up back in '96. =/
I think you are both brave and creative to try these kind of setups. I wonder if there are King's weapons of knockback, pretty sure there are. I once heard of a ninja class someone tried using items that decreased the lightening and things like that. Since a ninja uses whatever advantage is at their disposal the class could use most weapons.

Your idea sounds fun.

Lachdanan,Oct 17 2005, 06:55 PM Wrote:I was thinking of making a character a lot like the V/T in Diablo II. Except, obviously, there's no FoH or smite, but the principle would be the same. A weapon choice might be a sword with knockback, and either lightning or flash would stun the subject enough, no? Perhaps royal circlet and najs light plate. SS would be a good shield idea. To get a warrior's energy up high enough, you would need rings (I forget the suffixes) that add energy, and ammy the same.

If this works, it would've been a good idea to have come up back in '96. =/
[right][snapback]92407[/snapback][/right]
TheKingofKewl,Oct 19 2005, 01:32 AM Wrote:I think you are both brave and creative to try these kind of setups. I wonder if there are King's weapons of knockback, pretty sure there are. I once heard of a ninja class someone tried using items that decreased the lightening and things like that. Since a ninja uses whatever advantage is at their disposal the class could use most weapons.

Your idea sounds fun.
[right][snapback]92606[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I just got my D1 CD back (had to rebuy it), and I'd like to try this. I left out in the original post that the principle would be stun. Knockback, if I remember correctly, has sort of a stun thing to it. And flash always annoyed me as a spell that could "stun" you, if you will.
Lachdanan,Oct 19 2005, 02:07 PM Wrote:Yeah, I just got my D1 CD back (had to rebuy it), and I'd like to try this. I left out in the original post that the principle would be stun. Knockback, if I remember correctly, has sort of a stun thing to it. And flash always annoyed me as a spell that could "stun" you, if you will.
[right][snapback]92686[/snapback][/right]

Can't get "King's" and "knockback" on the same item. Knockback's ilvl is too low.

-A
Yes, the highest possible is Warrior's which is pretty useless :).